Do you think The Transformers MMO will see a North American Release?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by KWFlange, Jan 19, 2011.

1. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

As I am sure many of you know, NetDragon is working on a Transformers MMO which will be released in 2011.

For those who were unaware, don't nerd roar just yet...It is only being released in China, Russia, the middle east, North Africa and some other locations in Asia.

While I would like to think that this is for Hasbro to guage how successful it is going to be before they release it to North America...but they've already made a pretty big deal out of it and plan to plaster their name on it.

So Why NOT launch it in North America, Europe, and Japan as well? These are only the 3 areas that made the most money for Hasbro after all.

And if I am correct Netdragon's other games are all available for U.S. download in English as well as other languages...so it cannot be anything related to them.

What do you guys think? Will we get it...or should i start learning Chinese or Russian?

*I thought I remembered talking about WFC and RotF games in a video game section of the forums...but I can't find it now. So if general is the wrong location for this I apologies.

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is this actually hasbro sanctioned? Because the countries mentioned can have something not legally licensed without incident.

Very doubtful it's to gauge anything since your comparing apples to oranges with fan bases. For instance. Western countries and eastern asian countries love some beans out of WOW but in China no one plays it to just play. They do that gold digging stuff (there were several reports published about this).

3. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

Yep. It's not just Hasbro sanctioned, They specifically sought Netdragon out to make it.
    NetDragon & Hasbro Join to Bring 'TRANSFORMERS Online' MMORPG to Asia and Beyond -- HONG KONG, July 30 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ --

And I agree with the differences in fan bases. I really don't understand releasing something like this where it will make the least money.

4. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt it, with WOW's strangle hold its very hard for any MMO to start up and hope to have any success.

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    they should pull a DC Universe and consolize

YEAH!

*dreams*

:3

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Considering the type of MMO it is, I have no idea why people would want to play it. Also blah to NetDragon, terrible, terrible people.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    This netdragon game are horrid and designed more as money vacuums than anything else.