Do you think the Quintessons would work in live-action?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Funnymerc, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

Tell me what you think.

2. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

werent they like the aliens that made the transformers?

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

In G1, yes. Every other continuity, no.

4. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

I think so

I believe so however I dont know much about them

5. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    they would work if you change what they look like

6. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

No Thank you :) 
    I really never Liked the Idea of Them and I don't think they would fit in to the movies

7. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

i mean the film series has made the transformers seem very realistic. Having humanoid like aliens would just ruin it

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They are not humanoid in the least. They're floating eggs with 5 faces and pile of tentacles. Ironically, they fit in pretty well to the Bayverse design aesthetic.

I could see them being used, especially as a "cybertronians need to band together against this new enemy" thing, but I doubt they will be, if only because it would dilute the "good vs. evil" narrative they've got going on.

9. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    Same here. Besides, the movies are based on the Allspark origin story (and to a lesser extent, the 13 Primes) so I don't know how they could fit the Quints into all of that.

They could introduce them as an alien race that tried to take over Cybertron at some point in the past, but that would just add more confusion to a continuity that already has many inconsistencies.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It seems like a hard thing to pull off in the live action films. The films have to be something that the average person off the street can understand without any background knowledge of Transformers so while it might work for fans I don't know about the average person.

Although if they wanted to update them to something a bit more Lovecraft I wouldn't mind Transformers vs Cthulhu.

11. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

In G1, but in WFC, they just enslaved them, that's why the seekers have cockpits on Cybertorn.

12. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Wasn't Primus the maker of the Transformers?

13. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    There are these things called continuities. There's the G1 comics continuity, the G1 cartoon continuity, the movie trilogy, Animated, Prime, etc. The origin story is a bit different in each one.

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Nowadays, they're trying to streamline things by saying that:

1. Primus made the TFs
    2. This origin became lost on the Cybertronian race, who eventually thought of Primus/Unicron as mere myths
    3. Quints show up, falsely claim to be the creators of the TFs, and enslave them

I think that the Quints could very well work in live-action - portrayal-wise, that is. The only issue here is what to do with them. The only possible scenario I can picture is the Quints entering the picture as a force whom the Autobots and Decepticons have to forge an alliance to fight against. They could have hordes of Sharkticons and Allicons for minions.

15. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Instead of three floating heads, make them omnious Lovercraftian Abomminations.

There movie-verse, GO FOR IT.

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Something really interesting would have to be done with them. Personally I felt they took away from the third series of the cartoon even though I liked them in the 1986 movie. Hate them being the supposed creators of the TF.

Maybe they could arrive with their own Allspark. An egg-shaped one. And they offer to help restore Cybertron with it but actually plan to claim the planet as their own and enslave the TF (and Earth and the humans) once they have control of the revived planet.

Sure it's a bit retreading of DotM with wanting to restore Cybertron but the Quints could arrive on Earth and be all friendly to the humans, freely giving them lots of advanced technology where the Autobots wouldn't, but which later turns out to have been a way to get Quintesson control when that technology turns on humans. A Trojan Horse kinda thing. A bit like how the Allspark could bring stuff to life, but with the EggSPark the Quintessons know how to properly control the technology they give life to. Maybe even a team of human piloted TF-sized exo-suits which then turn on humans and Autobots when the Quints' real plan is revealed. A nice third faction of giant robots. If there were even any Decepticons left around since the last movie. This time could just be Autobots versus Quintessons.
    Any alien race that shows up on our planet and freely hands over advanced technology is probably going to be more welcomed by humans than one that doesn't (by which I mean the Autobots).

Actually, I'm thinking this could've easily been part of the plot of DotM and not meant changing a huge amount. Sentinel could've been a Quintesson undercover operative sent to smooth the way. Perhaps still Optimus' mentor but killed and then revived by the Quints with secret Quint programming to do their bidding. A bit like when Optimus was brought back to life under Quintesson control in the cartoon.

Anyway, I'm just making stuff up here and typing it as it comes to me while writing this post. Probably all a terrible idea. :drunk 

17. Igniting_Prime

Igniting_Prime Igniting The Battle

News Credits:
    LMAO I skimmed over this at first and thought it said "They're floating eggs and pile of testicles" until I stopped and read it slowly :p 

18. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they could work. After three films, I think something different is needed. They could actually be quite interesting, if done right. I remember asking Roberto Orci about ages ago and he said they had been discussed. I think it was just after the first film came out. So the people involved probably know of them.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Time travel movie! The Quintessons are future humans coming back in time to warn Humanity they'll eventually become weird egg tentacle things if they try and apply Cybertronian technology to their own bodies. Stay away from Cybertronian tech and things will be fine.

Okay, now I'm just messing. :D 

20. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    No way would they work in the live-action series.