Do you think the Primus,Unicron,and the 13 mythos has a sort of religous group?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Apr 13, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    What I mean is that the idea of the Primus,Unicron and the 13 mythos in all of the franchises history has a tinge of the religons and what goes on aorund them in the real world. So I'm wondering if on Cybertron there may be a group of believers of the Primus myth and worship him as the creator while there are some that don't believe in it.

What are your thoughts?

2. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaijin

It's kind of weird.

Either everybody knows there is a Primus/Unicron and accepts the god-like beings, or nobody knows they exist.

But there has never been any indication of a religion towards them (well, except for the chaos cultists in Marvel G1, but they were just crazy).

3. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well it's more like an idea of there's a group of believers that does worship Primus like how most Christains in the real world would do. Forgive me if mentioning Christians is breaking the rules here.

4. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

That's one of those things I've always wanted to see explored. For the record, Jetfire was an atheist in the comics and Perceptor in Exiles so doubters exist; but only in the straw variety.

5. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Excatly! :)  So seeing as how Prime's mentioning the 13 and Primus I sort of hope that it would be the first TF show to explore that.

I also wondering if they can also explore an idea od monestarys that dedicated to praying to Primus for protection of all life forms that were made by him as well as praying for those suffering in the great war for both Autobots and Decepticons alike.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

There were certainly cults that followed Unicron, and it's even implied in the movie continuity that the Decepticons themselves are followers of Unicron.

I think the reason we don't hear more about Cybertronian religion is that Primus is proven to exist. He is there, and usually the Transformers are living on him!

7. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaijin

There's nothing to prove that some do.

Nor nothing to prove that some don't.

The comics would really be the only medium willing to explore that idea, as Hasbro wouldn't want to upset anyone's religious views with the idea.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Used to be that nobody really believed in Primus or Unicron. And that's often how it stayed until one or both of them actually showed up or were discovered.
    Unless you were one of the guys really into TF 'religion' as your job, like the fellas that watched over the Matrix Flame or guarded Primus at the centre of Cybertron. Even with the Primes and the Matrix I think many TF, Optimus himself probably included, just considered it more a long-observed tradition with a bit of mysticism thrown in than there being actual 'Gods'. Until of course Unicron was found to be a real threat and then once one little bit is proven you have to consider that all of it might be real/true/likely.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

not really, i still prefer the quints built the autobots/decepticons origin better. i never liked the original 13 concept, or what ever else the comics did. the thing i liked must about g1 was the mythology. while it was screwed up with continuum errors, it would of been nice to see something flesh that out more. i like the feel of the autobots and decepticons originally working together to rebel against their creators. the autobots being the scientists, laborers, and transport things, with the decepticons being built for warfare. i would of liked this idea to be fleshed out more in future cartoons.

but no, they have to keep going back to this origin, with out the quints. The quints were so awesomely creepy. tentacles are always creepy, but then give it to hugely logical beings. that can repair almost anything, including the DEAD!

i loved how g1 made them sometimes villains, and sometimes not. you never really were sure what side they were on.

while they wanted the destruction of the autobots and decepticons, they were not willing to destroy the universe for it.

long before megatron created his army of zombie bots in Prime, the Quints created zombie optimus prime! in what is one of the best episodes of that entire season, and maybe that entire series.

but primus being creation, and unicron being the lord of chaos and destruction, or what ever it is, just isn't all that mythological to me. it's almost more of just simple story telling.

one thing i liked about g1 even though it was mostly continuum errors at fault, everytime they told the origins of the "transformers" it was told some what differently! almost as if they were playing telephone! where no one really is sure of their own past!

also these days unicron seems to show up too often. unicron trilogy really destroyed his awesomeness feel. that transformers the movie and beast wars made him have.

part of the awesomeness was the mysteriousness. but then they put him again and again in to transformers series. almost to the point where it became cliche.

unicron just kind'a lost his awesomeness over the years.

10. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Funny thing is, I was talking with a friend about Primus and Transformers' religion. There's not a lot to it, but I think there are Transformers out there that worship Primus or Unicron. We just don't know how they do it.

Unless you want to dive down into the depths of the Marvel comics for answers where TF religion is in a sense there.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of the Quint origin at all. While I can tolerate the Primus origin, I'm a far bigger fan of http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Atechnogenesis Leave aliens and gods out of Transformer origins!

Just their home planet. Maybe a few others too.

Amen! ;) 

Unicron is so overused it's not funny.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh man, do I wish I could get the concept of a religion into the property. I would introduce a whole church with priests and rituals.

Making a Cybertronian religion is one of the things that would help make the setting more believable as a whole. With a religion, these are more than just robots who fight each other.

But one thing I don't like about what they are doing with their religion thus far is presenting it as fact. I want the Cybertronian religion to be part fact, mostly myth. I want them to believe Cybertron is Primus only to be proven wrong.

So yeah, I want their religion fleshed out. In part because I've had a character concept of a devout Decepticon and I love that idea.

13. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I've always been a fan of the Primus/Unicron origin. The Quints origin was bad in my opinion, and I've always hated the "it just happened" origins provided in the movies and Animated

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd rather they have evolved just like organic life. That parallels our own origin.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think a lot of Transformers may consider themselves adherents to the covenant of Primus, but it might be a different kind of ethos since they know their "god" is real, and interact with him on a reasonably regular basis. Same with the Allspark, it may or may not even be treated as divine, instead as a step towards the divine (well who created Primus/The Allspark then?).

Unicron cultists? Boy howdy yes.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...xrjGCQ&usg=AFQjCNFrnvHPblx_AsfaA62OHtranwV2zw

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...-OzRCQ&usg=AFQjCNHBADX2QwzALqqCKfQvESNFKkCNnw

16. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

That's exactly my opinion. If they know everything is real then it just takes the mystique out of it. And I love the idea that their belief that Primus is the core is wrong but what I've been toying with is "what if Primus never really banished unicron from cybertron". Something like that Movie comics where it turns out both have been influencing cybertron.

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Probably, but Hasbro is so terrified of Public Opinion they won't address it.

Just look what happened with that whole Derpy Hooves fiasco.

18. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

but transformers are aliens!

yea they sure did destroy their home planet! but still were not willing to destroy anything that wasn't necessary to destroying the transformers!

unicron is TOO over used these days. and so is primus.

blood of unicron makes zombies!! woooh!!!

armor of unicron makes megatron muliticolor! OMG!

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nuff Said.

I despise Quintessions plus I think we need epic origins for a franchise like this.

I wonder if becoming a Prime/Matrix Barer means that automatically you learn of their existance?

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Personally I disagree. Transformers ticked along fine and believeably enough before any real mention of Primus or Unicron or anything that could be considered religious happened. Most wars might be due to religion but not all of them. Fighting doesn't always need a religious angle to legitimise the basis of the conflict.

I suppose at least the introduction of a proper TF religion would mean having insane religious zealots. Churchy nutcases are always good story fodder. Beyond that I certainly wouldn't want the whole Transformers civil war to be turned into simply a religious war. That would turn me right off.