Do you think the kids, and other humans, are meant to represent non-TF fans?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by optimegatron, Apr 24, 2012.

1. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    So far, the kids' roles were to introduce the viewers with all kinds of TF terms.
    They ask questions like "What's a T-Cog" to try and introduce people with what it does.
    "A Unicorn?" is a joke that repeated twice, and is meant to represent the people (Obviously not TF fans) that have no clue what they're watching.
    The kids are basically meant to be the viewer, asking "What is this?", to get the Autobots to give an answer that will make new viewers understand.
    What do you think?
    Are the kids and some other humans meant to be a tool for getting information?

2. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Well, the kids aren't just going to automatically know what all that stuff is. I don't think they are meant to represent non-TF fans necessarily, but them asking is simply explaining things for the general audience.

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The kids remind me a lot of Shuta, Cab, and Minerva from Super-God Masterforce. And the fact that Jack, Raf, and Miko all have their own bots as friends/guardians reminds me very much of the "bonds" that Shuta, Cab, and Minerva had with their respective transectors.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt all non-fans are 50 year old FBI agents.

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    The OP's post reminded me of the internet phrase: "I'm 12 and what is this?" :lol 

6. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    You never know dude. You never know.
    True. Now that you say it, it does bring that up.
    Haha, that's the actual behavior of the kids sometimes.

7. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    In a word, YES.

The show is primarily aimed at kids - and they don't instantly know 25+ years of TF history. The kids are there to act as a stand-in for viewers, to ask the questions they would have, to react to events the way they would.

It's useful to have an "outsider" in your cast, that way you can explain new plot points to them. Otherwise Ratchet has to explain a T-cog to Optimus (who should know this already) or we get no explaination, which will leave may viewers confused.

8. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

Technically, that is always the role kids play in these series. They allow the writers to have an excuse for easy exposition for what we don't know. However, and you might hate me for this, I think Miko is meant to be us.

9. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Why would the kids know any of this stuff? It is supposed to be like you know... TF's don't exist in their fiction... they are there for real. So anything would be new to anyone in that universe. No one is just going to know what a "T-Cog" is in that universe. Not like here if you asked someone. Because WE have been having TF's in our fiction for over 25 years. So yeah. They are non-TF fans. Because there is nothing to be a "Fan" about of TF's in their universe. Not until now when they know about them.