Do you think the decepticons are neglected =??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MenasorMaster, Oct 1, 2010.

?

Do you think the decepticons are neglected ??

1. Yes

57.4%
  2. No

42.6%
  1. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

I say yes, absolutley. And i am really really dissapointed.The autobots get more toys and are favored, and they are more badass than the bad guys. while decepticons are getting worse and worse.

And Why was this thread moved ?? i meant decepticons generally not only their toys.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I agree but to kids they're one dimentional. They want to be the good guys and like the good guys because their the heroes and saved the day.

Personally I've found that Autobots such as Ironhide, Blades and Sentinel Prime should that Autobots aren't always the nice guys while their some Decepticons we can sympathize with like Armada Starscream, Waspinator and sometimes we laugh at the antics of duos such as Ransack and Crumplezone and Lugnut and Blitzwing.

Too me i love Decepticons more because I find them to be more intreging...yessssss

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Because good guy's win, bad guy's loose.

4. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    ...are they getting more toys? Cause I've got a LOT more Cons than Bots. Granted, I don't (usually) get redecos, so maybe the Bots are getting more through that, but in terms of original molds, I've got more Cons.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    good guy toys sell better than bad guy toys

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Historically just about every TF line has had a lot more Bots than Cons. As has been said, the good guys are usually favoured by kids, this is especially true in Japan where the Bots popularity is much greater proportionally.

Their joints?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I totally agree. In terms of toys, the Cons are getting what seems to be generally more unique molds. Take for instance the latter Voyager waves of ROTF: Recon Ironhide (retool) vs. Bludgeon (totally new mold of awesome and win) and Defender Optimus Prime (the Classics Seeker mold of movie figures, except it's always the same character) vs. Mindwipe (new mold of win AND sweet combination gimmick with Skystalker).

Oh, and the Decepticons also got Devestator, who got the only Supreme Class figure of the entire line.

In the movies? Yeah, the Decepticons are neglected, but pretty much all that's been needed to know about them is that they're evil and they hate pretty much everything that isn't evil (even then they hate each other, too). You can only cram so much into a 2-hour movie, and since the story is from mostly the human point of view, that means the Autobots (read: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and to a lesser extent the Twins) get more screen time than the other robots (read: any other Autobots and the Decepticons). Otherwise, they're treated pretty well since they're the evil yang to the Autobot's good yin, especially in Animated where the Decepticons were all as likeable as the Autobots, but for different reasons such as Lugnut being beyond-obsessed with worshiping Megatron the god.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Decepticons, neglected? What about Generations Straxus / Darkmount?

Still when you think about it, there's still a good hero to villain ratio. The Decepticons get a fair showing in most lines, so I can't really complain there.

9. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Probably because the reason why Decepticons get a little bit more neglected in the fiction has to do with toys: good guy toys sell better than bad guy toys amongst kids.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    It's all about profit, baby.

11. smokey420

smokey420 auto-con

This might be true,but I think the classics /generations is directerd more at adult collectors.Stop neglecting the deceps

12. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Yes. They're heavily outnumbered on my Classics shelf. Maybe once my 2010 Unicron(though not a Con') gets here, he'll even the playing fields.

13. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My theory/excuse is that the decepticons are generally larger and more powerful than the autobots. So it will take at least 2 or 3 good guys to stop 1 or 2 of the bad guys. :) 

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yes they do, but then Hasbro is so horrible when it comes to the bad guys.

Insanely hard to get Marvel Universe villains even though characters like Spider Man have one of the best rouges galleries around.

Cobra always seem to get the coolest looking figures but they always have to cram in more Duke and Snake Eyes figures instead of cool Cobra figures. Well except for the movie line, but outside of the movie line Cobra has cooler figures.

Kind of odd when you think about it because it's the bad guys that really make a series. Without Cobra GI Joe would have been just nicely articulated green army men. Without the Scorpion Spider Man is just going around getting kittens out trees. Without the Decepticons the Transformers are just sitting around all happy on Cybertron.

Maybe I was just a weird kid but I always though the bad guys were cooler toys. Just didn't seem like it was fun only playing with the good figures, you needed the bad guys to show up and start a fight.

15. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    kids like good guys, so goos guys toys sell.

e.g. few days ago was showing my 6-year old nephew pics of Power Core Combiners to see which ones he liked. ( his birthday soon) he saw Smolder and said cool firetruck want to see it. After a 10 minutes or so staring at it he eventually recognized the Deception logo and said on no I don't like him he is a bad guy, and we moved onto the Dinobots.

16. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In their childhood? Yes. Probably the reason why the bots became bad guys in the first place.

*smokes pipe

17. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    This is how I see it. Decepticons are usually tanks and jets and other war vehicles and violent machinery. The Autobots are usually cars and other weak vehicles. Comparing both factions reminds me of George Carlin's Baseball/Football routine..

18. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dont forget the Deceps are also trained warriors where as the autobots had never really faught before at least thats how it was in g1

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Energon/Superlink and Animated laugh at the idea.

20. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, thats how I see it also. The Decepticons are only getting shafted in one series... but I dare not mention its name. For the fans of this particular series are ruthless and will TAKE YOUR FACE :lol