Do you think that there should be Pink Floyd musics on Dark of The Moon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Henriquedematos, Jan 12, 2011.

?

Do you think there should be Pink Floyd musics on Dark of The Moon?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Henriquedematos

Henriquedematos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just asking... I am a big fan of Pink Floyd and, in my opinion, I guess that by the title of the movie some Pink Floyd musics would be, at least, adequate...

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

It wouldn't make much sense.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pink Floyd AND the TF movies, but Pink Floyd's songs are...too...metaphoric and poethic to be on a Transformers movie.

Just imagine how weird would be Megatron X Optimus with "The Wall" in the background? ["We don't need no education--" "GIVE ME YOUR FACE!" "--We don't need no thought control..."]

I think that some heavy metal would be more appropriate.

See how would fit more "Shoot to thrill" while Ironhide unleashes hell on the Decepticons or some "Crazy Train" in the climatic battle, e.t.c e.t.c

However, Judging by the others two movies, I expect mor Linkin Park [god, I hate Linkin Park].

3. Henriquedematos

Henriquedematos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh, I understand... But if the movie followed a more, let's say, "serious" style then I think some musics would be apropriate. For example, in my opinion some songs from the second part of The Wall could be adequated (For example, Run like Hell...)- Sure, it just just my opinion...

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Actually, the movies take the battle scenes with a pretty serious tone, the movies always set the things to make SURE that you understand how serious the Autobots X Decepticons war is, is never a campy thing [for example, their combat techniques: Ripping arms off, impaling sparks, decaptation, shreding people to pieces with their bare hands, e.t.c e.t.c].

The problem is that is quite impossible to take these scenes seriously when you remember they are GIANT FREAKING ROBOTS beating the crap out of each other, based in a toyline and came from a children's cartoon.

I still think that Run Like Hell is too poethic for the movie, every song of Pink Floyd strikes deep on the head and makes you think about something, it would cause a weird mood a battle scene between giant robots with one these.

Some Alestorm [despite the Pirate theme of the songs] or AC/DC would be more adequate.

5. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They should take Ozzy's "Bark at the Moon" and have him slightly change the lyrics and rerecord the song as "Dark of the Moon" as the theme song.

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    If the moon turned out to be Unicron, then I guess he'd be telling Niel Armstrong "Welcome to the Machine."