Do you think that the CGI looka better on the bots than on the human?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Shizuka, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I find that the semi-realistic style of robots and textures look really good while this makes the humans look bad in comparison. What do you think?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree.

3. doomiscool

doomiscool Decepticon Medium

News Credits:
    Yes, the bots are absolutely stunning!

The humans took me a little while to accept their designs...I found they didn't sit right at first as far as style comparisons go between bots and humans, but now I'm okay with it.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm fine with the style changes, by making the Earth look simpler the Cybertronian material ends up looking even more complex and stunning by comparison.

Besides, I'm yet to see realistic humans in CGI cartoon that didn't look gross to me.

5. citoria

citoria Lord Dragon Master

By why do Jack's eyes always looks so weird.

6. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    At least it's no Cybertron.

7. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    I've always thought the humans looked a bit weird, but as Shroobmaster said, I don't know any CGI cartoons on at the moment with good looking humans

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The details and textures on the robots are indeed amazing! I was suprised how detailed they are when I first started watching the show!:)  That's amazng CGI folks!

The humans they are a little underdetailed but then again like the others said that seems to be the case with almost every CGI show thye have humans in so I'm not bugged by it. The humans still have emotion which is important.

9. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes

10. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    But the thing is when you compare the robots to the humans. At least in the Clone Wars things appear consistent.

11. Starzie

Starzie Explosions Are Fun

I would think robots lend themselves to CGI far better than anything organic. Not that realistic humans can't be done in CGI, it's just way easier to go all out on the robots. And probably more fun too. XD

I can just imagine the designers spent so much time on them that by the time they realized their deadlines were coming up, they were, "Uh-oh, quick slap the humans together!" Not that I actually believe this happened, but it's an amusing thought. XD

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The CGI is great but the enviroment and atmosphere is lacking though it's understandable because of it's budget.

13. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I agree the CGI looks better on the bots. The Prime aesthetic gives Transformers characters complex designs without going overboard like the movies did. The humans just seem kind of flat. Maybe they need to make the hairs on their character models more realistic.

14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I guess it's the style & amount of attention paid to em, but yeah. It's definitely possible though, as I thought the character models on Reboot looked great, especially later on when the movements became a lot more fluent/when they could actually walk on the ground without floating.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The bots do seem to fit the style better than the human characters.

16. nina210

nina210 Active Member

The CGI Transformer Designs look way better than the humans. I really love the show, but my mom once walked into my room while I was watching TFP and she thought I was watching something on the Sprout channel. She just happened to walk in when they were showing the kinds of TFP! XD The kids looked like they were designed for a kids show but the transformers CGI designs are amazing, Overall the show is really awesome.

17. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    Yea, it's not fair to compare Clone Wars and Prime. Clone Wars has a lot more put into it, Prime looks pretty average to me really. I'm watching in high def on a nice flat screen and the whole show looks pretty flat and lacks detail. There are some nice action scenes here and there, as well as nice models for the TFs, but this show has it's budget constraints as far as detail.

18. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    for me the humies have a bit of a "Jimmy Neutron" feel to them & that doesn't bother me though it is a bit simplistic

the Bots & Cons look great & I like how they transform without looking like they are shredding or beating themselves up

19. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I think the Transformers look better but the look of the humans doesn't bother me. More photo-real humans would look off in the otherwise stylized environment. As far as the detail in them goes, I'm fine with the Transformers getting the majority of the animators' attention. That's the way it should be.

20. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

Their clothes look like rubber suits. But it doesn't distract.