Do you think RotF dlx Ratchet and Brawn will be recolored? and another redeco Q

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by gargunkle, Feb 9, 2010.

1. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I am liking the looks of the molds for deluxe Ratchet and Brawn so far, but I have never liked movie Ratchet's green/yellow color, and while Brawn looks solid I just don't see that figure as Brawn. I'd like to pick up both figures, but if they will see redecoes down the line I would probably rather get those. What do you think are the chances these molds will or won't be recolored?

Most of the deluxe sized movie molds have now been recolored, it seems. One that comes to mind which hasn't is movie 1 Arcee. Are there many others? RotF Wheelie, I suppose.

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I think it's a safe bet that both will get redeco releases.

And movie 1 Arcee did get repainted quite a few times. Two were Japanese-only releases, G1 white and a black version. She was also repainted in the States in a battle-damaged deco as a retailer exclusive.

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Pretty much every mold that isn't over $50 is going to get a repaint eventually, Ratchet and Brawn are probably givens but it might wait until the next movie line. The first run of a mold just makes back the money Hasbro spends developing, engineering, designing, and producing a toy, they make their best money on repaints, which is why we get so many of them.

4. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I did forget about the battle damaged Arcee. I meant primarily US releases. I liked the Arcee mold overall, but didn't like the color and particularly the face.

I think I will wait on Ratchet and Brawn for now.

5. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yeah. I reckon they will. Ratchet is very likely to be repainted into himself. Brawn will probably be repainted into a new character.