Do you think Ratchet is fine, or would you have preferred a different medic/doc?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Especially seeing Red Alert in Animated, it got me really thinking we could use a new medibot for the future, Ratchet's fine and dandy, but someone else should get the spotlight.

Maybe First Aid, or Evac?

What do you all think?

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it would have been interesting to a different medic just to shake things up a bit. Seems like we keep getting Ratchet all the time so it would have been nice to let another bot have a little time in the spot light.

But they seem to keep re-inventing the character all the time so who knows which Ratchet we will get. Just seems like in every series Ratchet is somehow different than he was in the other series where the character has appeared.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    while i hate hsi design, ratchet is Fine. He always have been the Main Medic autobot on most continutys

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be cool, but now that I've already seen Ratchet's AWESOME design I just wouldn't have it any other way.

5. Lewa1267

Lewa1267 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

6. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

i appriciate your "thinking outside the animated - movie box", but i like the look of this ratchet.

especially thanks to animated. his character, lines and voice acting were perfect! kinda like a cross between g1 ratchet, ironhide and kup...

so far i've only seen the two pics. red and white ambulance looks good to me.

the green rescue hummer was never really good for me...

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    We've only just gotten Ratchet back as the team medic, and you want to trade him back in?

8. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see the point of calling the medic Red Alert or First Aid.

9. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    Hey, maybe Ratchet could be a mentor to young Red Alert/First Aid/ Evac.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Ratchet's always been of my favorites, so I'm cool with him being the main medic again.

His design screams WFC and Animated, but also evokes a Drift-ish design. I was surprised to see him orange, but it's okay with Prime of course being red, and Cliffjumper red as well.

His role as the second in command is welcome to me, but I don't like how he's taller then Bulkhead. That one shot of the Autobots walking when the HUB debuted - Bulkhead is clearly shorter then Ratchet, and he was only a few steps behind Ratchet.

However, I'll learn to live with a much taller Ratchet then Bulkhead. Otherwise, he's alright all around.

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only started liking Ratchets since the movieverse version and especially Animated's version of him.

So I'm happy to see TF Prime include him.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I have never seen a post on this boards loaded with as much truth as this post has.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    +1

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Ratchet is fine as is, i could see Firstaid being done as a femme and being Ratchet's nurse.

15. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Ratchet is fine. I just wish they'd play up the "Autobot Medic" thing.

I mean, he's the team doctor (which I guess for a group of machines really means "mechanic") so shouldn't he actually be shown, you know... repairing them and stuff rather than fighting?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like whenever the Autobots have a medic on the team, he/she spends more time shooting than fixing broken bots. Animated was better than most continuities about it. Red Alert fixing Hot Shot's leg, Ratchet basically preforming surgery on Bumblebee after he got stabbed by Sari... those are pretty good examples of what the team medic should be doing all the time.

Instead, the doctors seem to get more use out of their guns than their medical tools.

And another thing: You see Autobot medics in almost every continuity, but Decepticon medics are few and far between. The movie-verse had two (Scalpel and Flatline, both AWESOME names for evil doctors by the way) but other than that I can't really think of any others. Bad guys need to be patched up too ya know...

16. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Agreeeddd!!!!!

17. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I remember looking this up recently and I think I had found other names, but otherwise, yeah, those really are the main two. 'Cons need more.

18. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

In G1, the Decepticons' primary medics were the Constructicons (especially Hook), who are noted far more for being the Gestalt Devastator than their surgical abilities.

Anyway, Ratchet's fine. People seem to have forgotten that its only been in recent years (2007 in fact) that Ratchet's been brought back as medic.

19. GreenChick

GreenChick Well-Known Member

I kind of would have liked to see nurse Red Alert on the show but Ratchet's cool. I find it interesting that he plays Optimus' number two in team heirarchy, contrasting with the warrior persona of Prime. I've read in bio and well after animated Ratchet yeah... tough act to follow.

20. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Wow, see I didn't know that. That's definitely something that hasn't been picked up by any continuity since then.

Then again...

Wasn't there a Constructicon designed for ROTF that was going to be a "nurse" or something?

Perhaps a callback to this obscure bit of trivia? :confused: 

Edit: This one.

Edit 2:

Now that I think about it, Constructicons as medics makes perfect sense. For a race of Machines, Nurses/Doctors/etc. would be Mechanics. Construction equipment and the like would be perfect alt. modes for bots who repair other bots.

Yay for fridge logic!