Do you think PCC limbs are separate from CORE molds

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    that's what i'm really wondering... as of right now, we've got 10 CORE figures, and 4 sets of limbs... i'm wondering if there's a possibility of an Icepick repaint being shipped with the limbs to the destructicons... or any other combinations... cuz i know i'm going to swap and mix limbs all the time, and having different molds with different limbs seems like a great plan...

also, i'm wondering how many different combinations will be possible... bombshock, skyburst, mudslinger and doubleclutch each have 4 different configurations right out of the box, then if you start swapping and mixing limbs and cores it keeps going... i know there's probably some mathematical formula i'm missing that would show how many configurations there are, i just don't know...

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If that can be done, then a black Huffer repaint with Decepticon Rallybot repaints named Menasor please.

If not, black Huffer repaint please and I'll just have him steal Double Clutch's Rallybots. Menasor will live again!

I'm loving the sound of any larger toy being able to form the torso, though. Opens up a ton of possibilities. I think I'll have a lot of fun with this line, outside of Straxus it's what I'm most excited about from the new toys.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, i really hope they're all independent of each other... it'd be awesome to get some mixed and match... swap a helicopter from skyburst and put it on bombshock, ah, i just can't wait... this line is gonna be fun... and especially if there's more then these first two waves...

4. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    From what I actually did read in the ToyFair 2010 thread ( the one with 38+ pages) it does sound like the "drones" are independent and interchangeable. Never was a big fan of Energon Prime, but this may be a different story. If this is true, I do have high expectations for a future wave of PCC combiners repainted in G1 Menasor fashion. First time saying this: Yay for repaints! Also this might a simple DIY, with no heavy Radicon modifications.

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Usually to keep costs down they'll mold them all together. But I gotta agree, rallybots + a huffer repaint would be fantastic.

Hope we see a Defensor style 5 pack

6. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, that's kinda what i'm thinking is happening is all the sets are molded together and the smaller scouts have their minicons on the same mold... and yeah, i hope we see at least two more waves of new molds... i'd love a Hotspot with some protectobot limbs...

7. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I don't know, but these sets look like they have a lot of play value. They just look fun.

8. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, i really think they'll be a blast... i really really want to start playing with them right now...

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Do those that come with drones able to have Mini-Cons while in vehicle mode?

When it comes to repaints, I would like those partnered with Mini-Cons to be now partnered with brand new drones and vice versa; those with drones originally would get brand new Mini-Cons.

Or sometimes a Mini-Con or drones would be repainted and given a new partner. A repaint of the Combaticons for example perhaps as Autobots but with a new Transformer replacing Bombshock.

A straight repaint of a Transformer with the same Mini-Con and Drones would be quite boring IMO (except understandable for store exclusives since they usually don't get new molds created for them).

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Hopefully Hasbro planned ahead and put the drones on separate molds from the main bot so they could mix them up by giving us something like Menasor later. The minicon with Huffer could be the chest plate for the combined mode since we were told they become armor.

11. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I am very hopeful for the Stunticon and Protectobot repaint s that may come.

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    that'd be cool... i'm really curious to see how things are put together when the repaints come out...

that would be real nice if they thought about that...

yeah, me too... seems like there's enough different drones that it could happen... guess if hasbro doesn't do that i may have to do my own repaints...