Do you think Megs respects Prime now?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love how their rivalry is building up. I think Megs must have some respect seeing how Prime has thwarted him 3 times now. It's awesome how a wash out has faced down Megs and won where Magnus, the supreme Commander has yet to do battle with him in the present time.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron probably respects "the red autobot", considering the only name he knows is "Bulkhead".

3. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say respects him as a opponent or enemy.

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Sure he respects Prime,
    Longarm Prime that is.

Optimus he probably still sees as a nuisance.

5. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Respect prime? I don't really think so. he probably sees him like you'd see a little 4 year old kid always messing up what your trying to do.

6. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I don't think Megatron respects Prime, either. I mean, the first thing he did in the season finale was to use Prime as a bullet shield the minute he got the chance. Megatron seems to be an old, battle-hardened soldier and has only really met Optimus 3 times. 3 defeats by "the red Autobot" in the last 50 years probably isn't all that significant compared to the decades (millenia?) of combat on Cybertron. That, and Megatron doesn't seem to even know Optimus' name.

It looks like Megatron views being on Earth as a temporary inconvenience, and that the greater goal is to leave Earth and resume fighting the war. Optimus is standing in the way of that, nothing more. If anything, I find it more likely that he'd have history with Ultra Magnus than a space bridge repair bot.

I really think Megatron still views Prime as some kind of nuisance, and I think this is actually a pretty neat way to develop the characters' rivalry.

7. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Respects Prime? Yes..................................................... Longarm Prime.

8. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that Megatron has always retained a certain amount of respect for Prime in every continuity although probably not so much in this, In the last episode they fought back to back but Megatron betrayed him; This shows that Megatron is threatened by Optimus meaning that he must respect him

9. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I see where you're coming from, but I disagree with your logic.I see Megatron as an opportunist. When Prime was fighting back to back with him that was in his best interest because it kept his head on his neck, but as soon as he didn't need Prime's help in that fashion, he uses him as a shield instead. I don't see any respect in that scenario, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he does not respect him in a "he's a rather persistent little nuisance" kind of way.

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I disagree. Optimus was a handy tool to Megatron, and he used him as best he saw fit, first as someone to keep the clones off his back, then as a shield. In fact, it's rather disrespectful.

Not only that, but look at the track record, Optimus hasn't really had 3 victories as much as other forces/circumstances. The Vacuum effect combined with Optimus colliding with him under the same effect lead to his first "Defeat". The Key destroying the Allspark in his body damaged him and dispersed the Allspark. Then, that pesty Vacuum effect again with the Spacebridge pulling him into it, granted Optimus made things worse with the Stasis Cuffs, but that didn't really stop Megatron. Really, Vacuums have been a bigger threat to Megatron then Optimus Prime.

Then look at it the other way. Optimus lost badly to a one armed Megatron, got the circuits kicked out of him in their next outing, then got used as a shield and tossed aside in the next battle. Not exactly the stuff that earns respect. Persistance, yes, but not respect. Granted it wouldn't happen in the series, but honestly if Megatron really viewed Prime as a threat, I have a feeling Prime would be atoms instead of beaten aside to deal with larger issues.

Now, given a possible history between them, there may be some respect for Ultra Magnus, but if the Autobots won via the Allspark and Space Bridges, that may not be there either.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    repsect? eh. but i do think he is starting to realize Optimus is more than a mere nuisance. he may even call him by name-maybe.

12. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

I would imagine that Megatron views Animated Prime as more of a nuisance... like a mosquito or a house fly.

He may have to re-evaluate the "Red Autobot", however, given the events of the season 2 ender. Animated Prime, while still not on par with G1, Beast Wars, RID, Armada, Cyberton, Energon, or Movie-verse Prime is still developing into the tactical master and charismatic leader that we have all come to expect.

I view these little skirmishes in the Animated series as "History Building" between the two, and i think that we will see a twisted sort of respect and rivalry grow from that.

13. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I thought that he did, until he used him as a "human" shield.

14. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Respect? Nah I dont think so. Realising he can't underestimate him again? Yeah I think so.

15. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

:lol  anyway i suspect he will eventually just not yet

16. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

Nope. Optimus is just a pain in the ass to Megatron. He probably doesn't respect anyone we've met yet, for that matter.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think he respects anyone. I doubt he feels he'd need to.

18. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated Megs is the kind of villain who probably views 'respect' for others as something that merely gets in the way of him achieving his goals, just my £0.02 worth.

19. Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35 Well-Known Member

Your right Megatron doesn't even know Primes name

I love that about this series Megatron possibly doesn't know Ultra Magnus's name either

20. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I dont think he respects anyone weve seen so far, not even MAgnus.