Do you think Megatron and Ultra Magnus go way back?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by justinRODimus, Jul 12, 2008.

1. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

First off, sorry if this has already been discussed

In most continuities, it's been Prime and Megatron always going at it with a history of battles on their record. I think they have become rivals in a sense, and with Animated changing the way we know Transformers, is it possible, Ultra Magnus has a similar relationship with Megatron?

I may be wrong, but doesn't Ultra Magnus kinda takes Optimus Prime's position from other continuities (i.e. G1)? Since Optimus is just a washout nothing, I think it would be cool to see Ultra Magnus in a huge battle against Megatron. I just read a post asking wether Megatron respects Optimus Prime and the general responses were "NO!" I'm sure Megatron wont stay where he ended up at the end of Season 2. What's Transformers without Megatron? Megatron vs. Magnus would be a legit fight.

What I'm trying to say is, Ultra Magnus and Megatron should have a history, i'm crossing my fingers for a flashback in Season 3. Anyone else?

2. Neyervana

Neyervana Member

Yeah, it can be intresting. Swords vs. Hammer. Megatron vs. Ultra Magnus.
    (Grey vs. Blue(
    I think, if Optimus (and his team) could defeat Megatron, Ultra Magnus can too alone.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I sure hope so. We've had flashbacks for most of the Autobots. Some Decepticon ones would be nice. I'd love to know how Megatron came to be who he is which could include that.

Personally, I'd like to think Ultra Magnus was more of a general, working strategy from behind the Autobot lines, and Megatron had another rival - a Prime - in the physical one-on-one combat sense. Megatron is so awesomely powerful he could have had more than one rival. I'd still love to see Megatron VS Ultra Magnus though.

4. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would love to see him kick some con butt

5. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

A Magnus vs Megatron fight would be pretty awesome to see. Got to figure they might have fought at some point as well as I'm sure Magnus is pretty old. If not as old or older than Ratchet.

6. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

ya, i see. i mean in g1, it wasn't so militarily organized but i think optimus prime was autobot commander (please correct me if i'm wrong) and i'm not sure if autbot commander is ultra magnus' title. if they are the same title, it does seem g1 prime was a fighter and animated ultra magnus was a military strategist or just really lazy because it does seem like he lets the primes handle his business.

7. Autobot Jazz Pr

Autobot Jazz Pr Well-Known Member

NO , Megatron stronger than Ultra Magnus !

8. Neyervana

Neyervana Member

Why?

We've seen Megatron in soma battles, but we haven't seen enough Magnus action to know this. But is still think Magnus is stronger.

9. Autobot Jazz Pr

Autobot Jazz Pr Well-Known Member

Hm , yes , Ultra Magnus is very strong but Megatron always find methods to win ! I think that only Prime can kill Megs , because it is classic variant

10. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Grimlock= Megatron
    Ultra Magnus > Grimlock
    therefore
    Ultra Magnus >Megatron

simple math

11. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we know he's as old or older then Ratchet he was telling Ratchet what to do when he was out looking for Arcee in the war

12. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    While I think he's older than Ratchet there's still the possibility he's a bit younger.
    Age superiority doesn't equal rank superiority after all.

We should go to the Autobot asteroid archive to find out Ultra Magnus's birthday!

13. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thor Magnus vs. Lokitron?

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I disagree, I believe Megatron is the stronger like Autobot Jazz.
    First of all, before anything else, Megatron is a walking war machine, and still very much in his prime. Magnus is getting on a bit. Quite why that is - Allspark Energy from the key? Superior Decepticon upgrades? - I'm not sure on, but it is a factor.

Also, if you check out Ultra Magnus' two appearances, he has a powerful ability, summoning thunder, but Megatron has sheer skill on his side. He's not just huge, but he is fast and skilled enough to use his size, and his twin swords, to maximum advantage. Not to mention while Ultra Magnus scared off the Dinobots, we've never seen Megatron fight the Dinobots. For all we know, he might be able to shoot into the air with his cannon for the same effect.
    On top of all of that, Ultra Magnus got taken out by Starscream. Starscream! In the same episode, no less, Megatron managed to kill Starscream half a dozen times. It's not like Ultra Magnus was sneak attacked or anything. He even noticed Starscream getting up, tried to warn the others, but Screamer was too quick. Although Megatron was more of a "everyone for himself" bot so maybe if Ultra Magnus had attacked the story would have been different.

I'd say older. Although he's not got the lines under his eyes in that episode, he's got a couple under his mouth. He looks old even then, just not as old. By contrast, Ratchet looks quite young. So unless he aged really badly, or Magnus ages well, Magnus is probably really old.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I think they should make it so magnus is getting old, he was old when megatron started the war. Say Megatron was younger and inexperianced at the time. Now he's older and wiser and and Magnus can't generate as much power as in their previous battle.

16. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

After the way Magnus got OWNED in the face by Starscream? I doubt it. And Prime's team has never beaten Megatron... the only time it has happened was because of Macguffins. And because the Ark sucks at life.

17. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    Well it was a surprise null ray TO THE FACE.
    I wouldn't really count that. Just says his reaction time is a bit rusty.

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Getting beaten by a sneak powerful point-blank laser to the face is HARDLY getting owned.

19. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

And flying into a wall so hard you sit it out for the rest of the battle? If Magnus' reaction time is rusty, how the hell will he stand a chance against Megatron?

I see at this... where Magnus matured into a noble figure who symbolizes authority, Megatron worked hard to make sure we symbolized authority AND power. And that's why Magnus can't fight him. :) 

20. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    When someone says a skill is "rusty" it means the skill is goo, but they need to warm it up.

So if Magnus spends some time in the gym he could probably take on Megatron.

Also note that it didn't seems like Magnus took much damage from that shot. It just knocked him back.