do you think lego should have done the lego transformers instead of HASBRO(kre-O)?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tfprime32, Mar 16, 2012.

1. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    do you think lego should have done the lego transformers instead of HASBRO(kre-O)?

i think so i want them to transform and a acuall set! like lego starwars,city sets!

2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I would had been for it if they could had done it in the Hero Factory/Bionicle parts style instead of bricks.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Kre-O is just fine as is. They don't transform because the whole idea of Kre-O is building stuff, hence it's made of building blocks. The play's the thing, you see.

The only thing I want from Kre-O is packs of Kreons, I could care less about the big sets.

And there are playsets coming, I suggest you check the Toyfair pics for what is on the horizon.

4. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    but know one is buying HASBRO's kre-O sets! so being said it should of went to Lego!
    i would buy it from lego! when ever i go to target/walmart,kmart,toysrus all the sets are sold out! legos is more populor then these kre-O lego knock offs! i would just rather have it from Lego!

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    They still wouldn't transform. Lego is all about the building process and look of the model.

Lots of people are. I own two, and I can't find Optimus at all anymore.

6. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Lego and Kre-O are exactly the same. I don't see why you're getting pissy.

7. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I want Kreon packs too even tho I pick up the sets.

I own five or 6 and look forward to more coming out. Not sure why the OP stated that they aren't selling.

8. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

No. I don't think Lego would have done any better, IF Lego were to even do it. The biggest factors are price and complexity. These sets as is are very pricey and complex for the big sets. They'd be even more complex and outrageously expensive to try to work in transformation and still look good. (and still look like the character it's trying to represent) Not to mention that never in a million years would Hasbro license their Transformers brand to one of their competitors.

Personally, I'd rather a construction toy kit not try to pretend to be something it's not. It should embrace its construction toy nature, which these seem to do. You get to build the vehicle or the robot, and the bigger sets make robots that have much better articulation than Built to Rule had. (not saying much considering BTR articulation was incredibly awkward at best)

Oh, and as for the Kre-O stuff maybe not selling as well as Lego? Brand recognition. People recognize Lego more than Kre-O. But it's hardly a knock off. The studded brick design has been used by Mega Bloks way before Kre-O came onto the scene, and they're still going strong.

9. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I hear the whole building process thing, but to be honest, it would have been much cooler if you can build it and it transformed. That would have been really creative. There is nothing creative about Kreo at all if you ask me.

10. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

Tfprime32, a honest question that you obviously don't have to answer: how old are you and what's your background?

You're a high-volume threadstarter, but you seem to throw things out in a very stream-of-conciousness kind of way. Also, as I'm sure you're aware, you could really benefit from a spellchecker.

I ask out of pure curiosity about what moves you to post the threads that you do, since you've seem to have increased the volume lately.

On your topic, Hasbro and Lego are major competitors. It's not going to happen. Might as well ask why Mattel isn't making Transformers Hotwheels.

11. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Built to Rule called, it said to remind you that it sucked hardcore.

12. Sileny Jizda

Sileny Jizda Kilted Krome

I think Hasbro is violating Lego's IP and should be dealt with accordingly. At least that or get over their third party issues.

13. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Oh this just made my day!:lol 

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

in all honesty, no. the kreo's figures *people* are MUCH better then the standard lego figure. possibility, and just cooler looking.

lego has really been lacking in technology, and really needs to update those people.

also their sets tend to be heavily ONE sided. at least their bases/playsets/buildings.

lego just is not as good as it used to be. they tend to use as little amount of pieces as possible, yet make it as highly priced as possible too.

star wars sets are pretty cool, BUT, still could be better. look at ahsoka, the figure doesn't do her justice at all!

15. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

IP rights expire. Lego's relevant ones (patents) have expired. Hasbro's relevant ones (copyright; trademark) have not.

16. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    exactly. that's why kreos are nothing like btr :) 

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If LEGO was making them, I'd actually buy them. Kreo quality just isn't up there.

18. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

lego's patient must of expired years ago, maybe even decades. since mega bloks has been releasing toys very similar to legos, since 2000 or earlier.

then there was Tyco bloxx!

have you seen what tyco was releasing at the same time as lego, in the 80's??

Robo-Bloxx Sets

Alien Space Sets

same parts!

19. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I'll respectfully disagree. The beauty of a minifigure is in it's simplicity and the interaction with all of the other blocks. The design is perfect for the bricks used for the set, mainly because that was the purpose of the minifigure to begin with. Minifigure technology is AMAZING nowadays. Check out the Clone ARC Trooper from set 9488 Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack. Lego's prints have become more and more detailed and impressive every year, and in 2012 they intend to tackle yet another Boba Fett. Considering their previous one in the 2010 Slave I was nearly perfect, it's going to be hard to imagine that they can do it even better.

Since the advent of the blind bagged minifigure series, Lego Group has really shown that they can flex their minifigure muscle. New prints, new pieces, and even new soft goods pieces show that the minifigure's simplistic design isn't going to hurt new developments.

Probably the best minifigure that came out of Series 6 of the blind bagged stuff is the Statue of Liberty. You can see what kind of MOCs you can do that's inspired by such a minifigure: LEGO Statue of Liberty Architecture Style (how to build...movielink) build by supermariolego and me photo by Brucewaynelego-Toyshansolo from Flickr at Lurvely

I have a feeling you're only saying that because of the Transformers bias. If you're also speaking of the nameless human drivers, then you may have a basis for argument, but to me this reeks of "IT'S TRANSFORMERS SO IT'S AUTOMATICALLY BETTER!"

20. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Lego is a competing toy company. Hasbro probably wouldn't license the brand to them.

However, if Lego was to try something like Exo-Force again, but have it with Transforming robots and a more "Japanese" aesthetic to the robots themselves, it would be pretty interesting.