Do you think its possible to accept the flaws these movies have and still enjoy them?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Feb 12, 2012.

1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im curious. Do most of you acknowledge that all these films have flaws or do you find that if you even think about the bad reviews (especially for ROTF) etc It just puts you right off from enjoying them?

2. Constructor

Constructor Witness my true form!

I know they're there, but I still like them

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The flaws are too glaring to overlook.

4. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    That's ambiguous. There are a lot of things to criticize. Like how the "no politics" rules get broken. It's a film about a robot civil war. I can name a bunch of other flaws.

The "More than meets the eye" catchphrase was good. But not enough. Peter Cullen rectifies this, alongside the voice-actors. The Army, Sector Seven, and NEST fixed this for us as well.

This.

5. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

The flaws aren't such that they can't be overlooked; There's just certain individuals that want to continually bring up what they don't like in the films because it doesn't meet their criteria of what they think the films should be.

The truth is is that you cannot please everyone, and everyone should simply accept these films for what they are, and enjoy them.

6. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    I have no problem enjoying them for what they are, especially considering the "flaws" are generally matters of taste and/or usually not even "flaws" at all but rather unfortunate byproducts of people not paying enough attention to understand what's happening.

When a flaw IS a flaw of course I have no problem accepting that...but the movies STILL kick ass, regardless.

:) 

7. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Most people have.

If you take any movie and over-analyze it, you'll find flaws. When you look at the magnitude of these movies and what they had to work with, I think some flaws are acceptable.

8. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

What in the fuc* yes I still enjoy them very much. Just ignore dumbass critics and ur fine

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can enjoy TFTM and DOTM despite flaws, but some of the flaws in ROTF are just distracting. e.g. how badly paced the movie is.

10. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

There are times when I easily see continuity errors and what-not (especially in RotF), but regardless of that stuff, I'm a big fan of all three movies and what the bring to the screen. I actually had a triple feature of them last night, in fact, and I found it AWESOME.

11. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Yep. Lots of things in the movies annoy me, but I like lots about them too. They're not great by any means, but it's a fun ride with really good CGI, and most importantly, I think it guarantees we'll see better versions of this fiction in the future.

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    There's already a lot of movies I accept the flaws of and enjoy, Movieverse is no different.

13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It depends on taste in the end if you can accept them, great if you don't still great!

Myself while I do know the films have their share of flaws(Some of which they should have corrected or lefted out.) I still enjoy them for what they are in the end.:thumb 

14. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    If you like something, you have to realize that not everything is perfect and just accept things the way they are if it's not in your immediate power to change it.

15. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I know full well that the flaws are there, but I still get a kick out of them nonetheless. I accept them as good ole popcorn movies that could stand to have a better script but doesn't necessarily need one. I don't lose sleep over the flaws.

16. jazzgirl84

jazzgirl84 Mini-bot

There will never be any pleasing everyone. I know they are flawed and I don't care one bit. I love all of them!!

17. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Possible? Yeah, probably but that's not my case.

I enjoy some battle and transformation scenes from these movies. I also enjoy most of the TF designs.

But do I enjoy the movies? No, not really, especially the last one.

18. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Of course it is. Whether or not you do is another story. I consider myself to be a pretty avid fan of these movies, but that doesn't mean I think they're perfect. Every time I watch them I am simultaneously impressed at the great things in the movies...and saddened with when they dropped the ball. I both love and hate these movies for what they are (but the "love" outweighs the "hate"). There are things that I don't like about them, but I accept that they're there and move on. ie, "Simmons' @$$?!?! AWWW MAN! ... Oh cool, Jetfire's awesome! Egypt's pretty ballin'! ... This is getting boring. ... Oh yeah! The battle's begun!" Sure some of theses "flaws" are minor and some step out and slap me across the face with their dick, but hey, I enjoy the enjoyable parts.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

19. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    the movies are fully 100% perfect to me

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

The films are too new and are actually films to me. I hold new TF shows to higher standards and films to even higher. I may be able to tolerate them if the Decepticons weren't a bunch of idiotic, drooling, raging, monsterus, weaklings. Anyone who argues that the Cons post TF1 aren't weak is denying fact. And as the films are nothing but Autobots beating the shit out of my favorite characters, I hate these films. It's either good writing, strong Cons or both for me. No crap writing with shit Decepticons.