Do you think I should continue to collect every bot that appears in the films?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shizuka, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    My original plan was to collect every bot that appears on-screen. But with the event of me not getting HFTD Starscream it got me thinking maybe should just get the Autobots. With all the money involved. But I really want all the bots and I haven't got the money for Starscream yet and I'm worried he'll disappear off the market soon and if I see him on ebay he'll be overpriced

What should I do?

2. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

dont you already have at least 2 voyager starscreams? skip this leader starscream and get the new characters. just an idea...

3. Shizuka

News Credits:
    I bought TF1 voyager SS but traded it for 2008 camero BB. I skipped ROTF SS because I had a feeling they would release a Leader SS.

4. AMG

AMG Old School

Collect what you want and most importantly, don't stress out. Having a completist attitude towards collecting can be stressful and take some of the fun out of the hobby if you let it.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

And yet you didn't buy leader Starscream when it was released? :crazy: 

I have every character who has appeared on screen. And LOTS more that haven't. I can only recommend that you get the figures you want, but it seems to me that if you have them ALL except for leader SS then it would be a shame to have that gap unfilled, and especially since he is such an awesome figure.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I wouldn't worry about Leader Starscream skyrocketing on the aftermarket. He's a modern toy available in plentiful amounts, you can probably get him on sale if you are patient. Otherwise on the aftermarket a sealed one will end up at retail or slightly more, you could probably find one through the Junkion Exchange for a reasonable price if it came down to it.

7. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

For me, I prefer to collect by toy lines.

For example, for the movie toy line, I will skip all of the NEST and Hunt for the Decepticons figures because I take those as the "milking lines", while only Revenge of the Fallen is the proper line and I will only buy the standard mold of all on - screen character.

For example, Voyager class Optimus Prime and Leader class Optimus Prime, the standard Optimus Prime figure is the Leader class while Voyager class Optimus Prime is like an afterthought version. A better example would be Decepticon Brawl, I know some may disagree but I take the Deluxe class as the proper version and the Leader class as an afterthought version.

I also skip all exclusives. It's a lot easier on my wallet.

8. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Get what you want is the best way to do it. I do recommend getting leader SS he is still widely available at retail still.

9. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    Listen to Sol Fury. I myself have a "built in" transformers cost/desire method of collecting. I know most figures will go on sale eventually and are readily available so I never rush to get things. 90% of my TF purchases are sale or clearance. I think the only thing I paid full price for this year was MP Grimlock for Christmas.

That said you do have to keep an eye on your store supply, If Starscream starts getting harder and harder to find at the store you might want to grab one. He is a good deal at full price actually.

10. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Buy what you want, when you can afford it. Do not stress yourself about toy collecting.

11. Shizuka

News Credits:
    I was supposed to get it for my B-day last year then Christmas but stuff happened. I'm saving my money for now because I need other stuff.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

They'll likely start to get clearanced off the closer we get to the DotM toyline's release. Leader Starscream's sitting on shelves everywhere, I wouldn't worry that much about it just yet.