Do you think High Moon 'honestly' has something big for FOC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by MetruMaximus, May 17, 2012.

1. MetruMaximus

MetruMaximus Well-Known Member

Do you guys think High Moon Studios actually has something huge to back Fall of Cybertron? What I mean is, they haven't revealed much of anything regarding their new release. Is this really all they have to show us? Or are they hiding something for later reveal or date? All we've seen and heard for countless amounts of times is...
    -Player will play as...
    •Grimlock
    •Optimus Prime
    •Jazz
    •Bumblebee
    •Cliffjumper
    •Starscream
    •Vortex
    •Bruticus

-Character abilities...
    •Grimlock's a 'space T-Rex'!!!
    •Optimus can command Metroplex
    •Jazz has a grappling hook
    •Cliffjumper can turn invisible
    •Starscream has a deadly sniper rifle
    •Combaticons can form Bruticus

-Story...
    •Grimlock and friends are mutated by Shockwave
    •Starscream slaps Grimlock
    •Grimlock beats the crap outta Starscream and Insecticons
    •Optimus needs to defend the arc while it refuels
    •Metroplex helps Optimus
    •Jazz grapples through a mission with no given objective yet
    •Cliffjumper turns invisible with no given objective yet
    •Bumblebee is the first character you play as in story, loses his voice to Megatron
    •Starscream is top of the hit list on the Decepticons for a short time
    •Vortex and Brawl attack some Autobot gun emplacements and they need to combine into Bruticus to finish the job
    •Somewhere in FOC Optimus and Megatron fight

Multiplayer...
    •Create your own transformer from 6 different parts
    •12 Player Online matches

Now what I'm getting at is that they've given us little to no information about Fall of Cybertron. Are they hiding more details (HOPEFULLY A LOT) Or are they just repetitively bringing the same things up because that's all they have?

Around this time before War for Cybertron's release we practically knew the synopsis of the whole campaign and multiplayer and the characters and weapons in it. For Dark of the Moon we knew most of the characters and the story. Dark of the Moon, high moon kept repeating the same things over like they have for Fall of Cybertron....

Players will play as...
    -Bumblebee
    -Ironhide
    -Mirage
    -Soundwave
    -Starscream
    -Megatron
    -Optimus Prime
    -Shockwave

Player abilities...
    -Ironhide will have a big machine gun
    -Mirage can turn invisible
    -Megatron can drain people's life
    -Optimus has a damaging rocket launcher

Story...
    Bumblebee will send a virus to disrupt the Decepticon's satellite
    -Ironhide fights Mixmaster in Detroit
    -Mirage rescues Sideswipe and they try to stop the launch of a space ship
    -Soundwave destroys a human base after he detaches from the satellite
    -Starscream destroys a human convoy along with Stratosphere in air combat
    -Megatron beats Optimus but spares him and de-thaws Shockwave
    -Optimus and Shockwave duke it out

Now those were the spoilers for Dark of the Moon. That pretty much consists of most of the game (give or take) Dark of the Moon was a great game, I'm not bagging on it. High moon (at the time) was trying to make Dark of the Moon seem big, when really there wasn't much to it. Do you think High Moon is doing the same thing for Fall of Cybertron?! Like honestly that's what it seems like. I'd still purchase the game either way. It's just are they leading us on for something like what Dark of the Moon consisted of? Please tell me your thoughts/answer and a reason why below. Thanks :) 

2. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    They did say that they were going to reveal some of their "big cards" at E3 in a couple of weeks (i think june 5 through 7) im really counting on high moon to really bring some big news to the table by then. I hope that they reveal multiplayer and an official demo release of the game too, we already know that metroplex will be revealed at E3 according to a recent interview. I really hope they dont screw this up and let us fans down.. FoC should be an amazing experience and high moon has to make up for keeping us in the dark for so long.

3. MetruMaximus

You sir, have mildly renewed my faith in High Moon Studios.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly you have your expectations too high. In my opinion I expect we know practically everything about the single player. Teig is a guy who loves to talk about his game, which is good. But the downside is that I bet he's already sold people on the major parts of the single player.

Yes they said Metroplex will be revealed at E3 but all I'm expecting is the reveal of his character model and concept art. I really do not expect him to be directly playable especially since that question was dodged in a couple interviews by shifting the focus to Optimus giving him orders.

But the big thing I bet they are teasing will be the multiplayer modes. I suspect at E3 the game will be focused on the multiplayer. I expect escalation to return in some form but if it isn't I also won't be surprised. Plus the mythical "insane" character creator.

I recommend going in assuming all that has been revealed thus far is all there will be. Then if there will be more you will be pleasantly surprised. Personally I cannot wait for this game and will be getting ASAP. I expect a demo since the War demo was extremely successful but I don't expect it to launch until the end of July or beginning of August.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G4TV said E3 starts June 4th, but you're probably correct about news dropping some time after that, though news on the 4th would be nice.

HMS also said that they would be showing off Metroplex for the first time at E3, I don't think anything will ever top him in this game, though I wouldn't mind being blown away by something that possibly could:lol 

With the game due on in late August, HMS has to start showing off the other half of the game, multiplayer and whatever modes yet to promote.

Can't wait for FOC!

EDIT:

Exactly. During the G4TV Cliffjumper promo Geoff mentioned the reveal of a playable Metroplex to be shown at E3 and HMS was quick to correct him by saying that he was playable via Optimus issuing commands.

6. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

Other than their plan for a more stable multiplayer experience there really isn't much else I am looking for.

Are you saying the things revealed so far are not sufficient for the game to be good or great?

7. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

if they correct the server and host issues, i'll be satisfied. probably won't happen, though.

8. MetruMaximus

No. It's just that most of the features they keep bringing up. Examples being Vortex's Shockwave ability and Cilffjumper can turn invisible. Well those abilities have been in the last two games so what makes them so great this time around? I think Bruticus, Optimus, and Grimlock will be exciting to play as though in this game.

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would definitely advise people to expect the worst on this topic but given High Moon has said many times that they want to turn the games faults into its strengths for Fall... Well nothing was complained about more than host migration.

I shall assume it isn't in Fall, but I also expect to be incorrect.

10. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    You know, we shouldn't even know this much by know.

OF COURSE THEY'RE HIDING SOMETHING BIG!!!

11. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    Actually months ago on the fall of cybertron facebook page, the question was asked if there would be host migration in multiplayer and a representative from high moon responded with "yes, host migration will be in". I remember being very excited that we actually got a direct response from someone that day, so were others.

12. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes!! Host migration!!!!

13. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

Well, here is good news. Still pissed that Arcee and Slipstream are being omitted.

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Future DLC...already loaded on the disc?:p 

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    We know most things about the single player. The multiplayer is what I'm anxious about.

16. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Hell, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    Just to throw this out there... Megatron has the hover ability.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Fuck YES.

19. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    :rock 

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

If the host migration thing is true, then YESSSSSSSSS! No more randomly dropping out of matches.

As for the original topic, I think the answer is not really. They seem to be making Fall of Cybertron merely a bigger version of War for Cybertron. Nothing that will really blow our minds. Although I expect there shall be some things, such as multiplayer customization, that shall be amazing. But nothing that would make us go "WOW, I never saw that coming".

I'm OK with that. I want a big and simple Transformers game to play just for something to do. However, given what they're considering for the third game, I hope this changes in that. If they do take us off Cybertron, in the third game, I want there to be some really different stuff all over. Gameplay, environments and story.