do you think Hercules will get an price cut with the release of green giant?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by st4rwaytoheaven, Apr 10, 2012.

1. st4rwaytoheaven

st4rwaytoheaven Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so like the title says, do you think Hercules price/worth is going to get affected by the release of the yellow/green giant?
    i'm in the market to get an devy that looks good on an MP oriented shelf, i have decided to get hercules but the $500+ hercules pricetag oposing to the $360 one on giant is making me wonder...
    i allways think in the long run, mainly in how much a transformer value will increase/decrease and in this case i really don't want to pay over $500 for an figure just for it to decrease in a few months.
    So, what do you guys think?

2. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Usually its a safe bet to assume your third party purchases will retain its retail value and in most cases go far above it once its sold out.

I know there are a lot of people trying to get rid of their Herc's. Right now I would think if you bought a set second hand you could knock about $100 off the total price if not a bit more just because the market is getting a bit saturated. I'd personally say go with giant but if you want Herc then get him before its to late.

3. st4rwaytoheaven

News Credits:
    yeah that's another issue, when comparing both toys i'm not completly sure if hercules is $140+ worth of a better toy...
    mainly i'm going with hercules because i don't like waiting, and there's no release date on the green giant

4. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you'll feel better if you wait. I know it sucks but its worth it. I've been banging my head against a brick wall everyday to talk myself out of just buying the yellow set of giant. From what I've seen a lot of people have gotten into the Herc Hype and are not 100% satisfied once they get all 6. I know this doesn't speak for everyone but its the attitude I see when people talk about it. I personally don't think hes worth his price, which is why I'm going with giant. Your wallet wins both ways if you can hold out for giant.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    especially, when yellow giant was on for like 77$ for the 2 arms before.

6. st4rwaytoheaven

News Credits:
    wow, where was that? i can only find him for $118

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    On BBTS, when they started to have their 25% off sales. I forgot what exactly it was, but it was less than 100$ for the two arms. It's still listed, but it's not "on sale" anymore.

8. st4rwaytoheaven

News Credits:
    at that price i'd say even the yellow version is a must buy...
    i've heard rumours that the green version will be released as a giftset, any idea if that's true? what about an ETA?
    the worst thing about this is that i hate waiting and having transformers money available "burns" in my pocket :) 

9. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I noticed the price was dropping for a completed Hercules in the secondary market and was really tempted to pick up a second set for display purposes. But then I realized if I was willing to spend ~$500 for a second Hercules set, I think I'll be better off with another unique set of constructicons (green Giant). That way I could have one set combined and the other set in their individual bot/alt modes on display.

10. stevil33

stevil33 Army of Wastemen

Instagram:
    Flickr:

I think your right to say there a few dissatisfied customers of Herc but fully reckon theres alot more happy, in fact over the moon Herc customers, me included.
    Herc costs more but you get more bot for your money too!!
    If you can get a deal on a second hand one I personally thoroughly recommend him.

You should let aesthetics win your vote in the end, I personally prefer Herc(obviously) but do like Giant too, Herc won the debate in my mind and only enough money for one Devastator.
    If you prefer Giant wait, but if its just the extra money stopping you go Herc.

11. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a bit disappointed with the look of Herc. The size is great, but really would have liked some aesthetics changed. Getting booth versions of Giant though, so I'll be happy in the end. :) 

12. st4rwaytoheaven

News Credits:
    the thing with hercules is that i hate what they did bonecrusher (neckbreaker) giant has its problems as well but i do fell like overall they look more G1
    scalewise i like the scale of hercules, but the giant should look better when displaying along with FP bruticus, that is my intention.

the thread has turned into a giant vs hercules, and made me change my mind about wich one i'll get, but the background question remains however in a diferent way, how likely is the giant to loose/improve value from it's retail price?

13. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

I think that was a very brief mistake.

14. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    No chance. Size difference alone will always mean Herc will cost more.

15. stevil33

stevil33 Army of Wastemen

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    If you were ever to sell either Herc or Giant further down the line I'm pretty sure you'd get at least most of your money back for either, but more so if you want a badass devastator get which ever one you like the look of most and forget the money side.
    Someone posted a pic of Herc next to Bruticus in the megathread and he looked pretty small in comparison. If your goal is to display them together Giant prolly is the better choice for you.
    I think it's amazing we even have a choice of two awesome Devs to mull over!

16. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I've been hoping for a price drop on either one.

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    There is. when BBTs had their sales when 4 of the 6 limbs were 25% off. (ala, 79$ shipped per limb)

And if you say it's not enough of a drop, well, all your quote says is you are hoping for a drop, and I am saying, it exists.

18. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    If IF TFC ever releases a box set, I could definitely see them trying to get it down to more comparable price to a Giant box set...at least if I were them, that's what I'd do as much as possible...

19. maximus_73

maximus_73 Well-Known Member

I don't know why people have problem with their Hercules or maybe I am just lucky. I'm very satisfied with the purchase, and it worth every penny IMO.

20. mrtbone81

mrtbone81 Bringer of Devastation

Ebay:
    I agree...no complaints about Herc from me.