Do you think Hasbro/Moviemakers visit messageboards like this one?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusAutobot, Feb 23, 2007.

1. OptimusAutobot

OptimusAutobot Banned

I got to thinking. Do you guys think toymakers like Hasbro and Michael Bay and Co. visit message boards like this one to hear the voice of the fans?

I'd like to think so. I hope Hasbro visits TF messageboards because if they did, the could get ideas on what the fans (the ones with the $$$$) really want. In the process, the fans would end up being happy and Hasbro would make even more $$$.

Same goes for Michael Bay and Co. If they visited messageboards just like this one, they could find out what a majority of the paying public really wants. Like with the Peter Cullen and Frank Welker situation.

Do you guys think the toy and movie companies get some of their info from places like this?

If anyone is actually reading these threads:

Hasbro, I'd REALLY like Transformers Classics to continue.

And to Michael Bay and company, Frank Welker NEEDS to be the voice of Megatron. There is NO OTHER CHOICE in the eyes of TF fans.

Let me know if you guys think they visit messageboards. And if so, post a message that you'd like them to read in this thread.

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I pretty much doubt they have the time to go online and check out any message boards dealing with Transformers. Usually, they have the fans mailing them about their likes, dislikes, wants, etc.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know about the movie guys, but Hasbro definitely do.
    Since you guys are new(ish) posters here, you might not know this: some time ago there used to be a forum here called "Orson's World". The "Orson" in question was the head TF designer at Hasbro. He used to answer questions posters had about TFs. The forum eventually got shut down (largely because other sites, one in particular, complained about THEM not having one), but the Hasbro guys do still lurk here, I believe.

4. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Of course they do. It's also very likely that they're under strict instructions never to respond to any posts in any official capacity.

Something to remember: a lot of people in industries like the toy making industry are, themselves, fans. And fans do like to read about what other fans are saying. It doesn't mean they're under any onus to listen or agree to what they're saying. But of course they read.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Yes.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yes. Now Hasbro would you please make Classic Arcee. Thank you.

7. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Actually, after "Orson" got in trouble for posting here, he said the standing orders are not to post on the forums at all. He promised he would still read the boards though.

A couple of people who do some work with Hasbro still post here on occasion anyway.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, there's Kyde over at the Allspark to name one, and I know plenty of others stop by and read.

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I've seen Kyde post here at least once, I think. DON still posts here sometimes. Doesn't he do some design work for Hasbro?

10. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Most companies have policies - strict ones - that thier employees are not to post in forums about what the company does/makes.

Even if they read, though, most of us have to realize that making something just to sell to the, what, couple thousand of us "hardcore" fans worldwide probably isn't going to make money.

The money is in larger sales, mostly to kids.

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Kyde posted a couple of weeks back refuting Megatroptimus' insistance that FAB Ironhide was the full-sized Voyager toy, which led to a rather one-sided flame war instigated by Megatroptimus. The dude never apologized to Kyde for being wrong about the toy, nor for insulting him personally, either.

Don did the designs for the Classics figures and the 6-inch Titanium figures.

12. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Yeah... I was being general since I wasn't sure if other companies forbade it entirely or not. I know mine does. Thankfully, this isn't a board that has anything to do with what my company makes. Nya!

Absolutely. I'm amazed that lines like Alternators and Titaniums have lasted, considering the development overhead (esp. of the alts) vs. number that seem to be sold. Somebody somewhere must be pulling strings to keep the 6" Titaniums in development considering how badly they've been dropped (re: like rocks) from most stores I've seen and heard about.

13. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    It wouldn't surprise me if people working for Hasbro posted here, pretending to be fans like us, occasionally presenting real insider information as mere educated guesses. But due to their close involvement with a toyline about "robots in disguise", they'd have developed a pretty good way of keeping a low profile and remaining undetected, oftentimes even from the more attentive observers. Only occasionally their faction logos might stick out.

That'd be what I'd do in their case, anyways. ;) 

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have no proof but I'd say yes. Who doesn't want feedback on their creations?

15. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    By THUNDER I hate that site!!!

16. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Hell yeah Hasbro does visit/pay attention to the boards

1 fine example IIRC TFW2005 had a poll a few years back for the first MP figure. And I can think of 2 TF sites that were served C&D orders for 1 for having episodes for pay. And another for having the whole 300 something run of the UK Transformer series.

So they might not say much, but they know. In fact that's MORE of a reason to watch how we say certain things on the boards. Because you never know if it might have some sort of influence or not :) 

17. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Might tfarchive have been the site that posted the comics? I dl'd all of the US Marvel page scans and a bunch of the UK Marvel page scans from their site years ago. I couldn't believe that they actually had them posted for download!

18. Emperor Prime

Emperor Prime Banned

Please continue Classics and scrap any more crappy movie toys, thank you.

19. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Actually at TFarchive prior to the C&D you could pay to d/l various G1 episodes. It was Seibertron.com that had the entire issue run of the UK comic series

20. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Huh. Yeah, I might have gotten them mixed up. I used a download bot program to dl all of the scans "automatically" and I just now looked inside of one of the file lists that I used back then...the scans came from http://transfans2.com/, which no longer exists, it would appear. Plus, I can't figure out what the hell I did with all of the UK scans I had...still have the US stuff, though.