do you think hasbro is cheap about transformers accessories

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nemisispringer, Dec 1, 2009.

1. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is mostly aimed at deluxe class as voyagers dont seem too bad but dont you think thier could be more accesories included with transformers figures

2. Trippanator

Trippanator Autobot

Ebay:
    Personally I really dont like accessories. Also they need to find a way to implement it into the figure in its alt mode.

3. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I don't care that much about accessories, only the transformer I'm paying for.

4. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    As long as they come with a gun I'm good. Sure I'd like more accessories but I can live without them

5. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

animated toylines came with brilliant acessories.

except prowl's traffic light. that was as amusing as it was crap.

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Can't think of a figure I own that I felt was seriously short-changed. I wanted a rifle for TFU Sideswipe, but I used the one off Dropshot, who really doesn't need a seperate rifle. A handgun for TFU Onslaught would have been nice, but I took the rifle from TFU Overload and problem solved. So no, I don't think they're cheap about accessories. Only case where that accusation might stick is with TFU Hot Shot.

7. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I want more accesories but more importantly better interactivity between figures.

Energon had lots of weapons. Granted it practically encouraged army building basics to give your megas a candy colored power boost.

At least the new N.E.S.T. movie line in a few months will have a ironhide that can loan out knives and guns to deluxes and the new basics.

That seems like the best way to please fans of this style of play without resorting to weapons packs or basic building:

Give the big figures a comfortable amount of detachable gear to arm a unit of mechs.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  8. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    i dunno i would have liked guns for hound, mirage, bumblebee but other than that i just think it would be cool to have a load of knives and stuff like you would get with other action figures so you could really make use of the poseability of the figure

9. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm happy with the amount of accesories we get now. If there is one thing I hate it's when the guns aren't integrated into the transformation somehow. Luckily that's happening more and more as time goes on. I dislike having a small tub full of extra weapons when I display my figures in vehicle mode.

10. prawisucia

prawisucia Soldier of Heaven

News Credits:
    i don't really care about the accesories, what matters is the transformer itself.

11. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this, if the weopon is integrated into the trasformer, ie. if its stored in him or is a part of him, im cool with it...if its just laying there, i don't really care for it

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I guess I can accept that these figures have to be made to a budget. I'd rather have to rummage around in my spare weapons cache than accept poorer but better armed figures. Although I'm not really clear on the logic of Bumblebee getting that trailer doohickey instead of a gun.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

14. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

as a counterpoint, i have a large arms cache of unused weapons that came with Starwars figures. bloody chewbacca came with about eight of them damn things.

i can't bring myself to bin them all, so what on earth am i supposed to do with them all beyond creating an imperial arms-dump diorama? too many guns is just as bad as not enough.

15. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love accessories and I always feel disappointed when I get one missile with a figure! Gimme a bunch of stuff!!

16. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Just Enough...

I think there should be at least one hand-held weapon or if its a part of the figure at least 2 missles instead of one because Gn.1 figures came with loads of weapons and parts which were lost easily and now it costs a small fortune to replace them.

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    /thread. They didn't have to give us Ratbat, they could have repainted laserbeak as Buzzsaw and saved a load there.

18. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

For the most part, I'm pretty happy with accessories we get. The only realy gripe would be, as was previously mentioned, the lack of a gun for Classics Bumblebee. I solved that easily though by stealing Armada Crap-to-bot's (I forgot the name...that really shit one from Armada that everyone hates and came with that lame moped minicon) pistol and painted it black.

Generally though, as long as there's a weapon of some sort I'm happy. It's great if it can be used/stored in the alt mode, but it's no deal breaker if it can't.

19. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    im not saying hasbro is cheap and definateley not making a sweeping generalisation of all figures. thier is no need to post this as if im attacking hasbro or as if that disproves any small part of a point i may have had

20. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

so basically what you're saying is that it's all Michael Bay's fault?