Do you Think DOTM Sentinel Prime will Shelfwarm? *Does Contain Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    As i said in the title there will be spoilers so if you haven't scene Dark Of the moon either go see it or stay away from this thread,

You've been Warned...............

Okay as i was at Wal-Mart last night shopping, I looked at the endcap full of Leader Class Bumblebees and Sentinel Prime's. I looked at Sentinel's bio which said something like now with Sentinel Prime on there sides the Autobots will win."

:lolol 

First of all Sentinel Prime's bio is full of crap like Hall of Fame Erector. I understand Hasbro can't spoil the movie for those who haven't seen the movie yet, so they had to lie......Same thing with Shockwave being the "supposed villain of the movie". Reading it always makes me laugh at there attempt to cover up the truth about the movie that. Sentinel Prime is actually the main villain of Dark of the Moon.

And with the new Leader Class Ironhide comming out and we all know what happens in the movie, Sentinel betrays the Autobots and kills Ironhide. Because of these scenes in the movie does anyone think Both Sentinel Prime and Ironhide will clog the shelves because parents and kids don't like bad guys and dead guys. People and some of the kids of the parents on the boards here want to break there Sentinel Prime as a form of retribution Don't get me wrong Sentinel Prime and Ironhide look like great toys and have great designs but with what we see in the movie will impact their toy sales?

And there's also Leader Bumblebee as well and we know this will shelfwarm because Hasbro still Continues to think Bumblebee needs to be in every wave, assortment and size class becuase kids will buy them. By this point kids probably already have a Bayformer Bumblebee, unless it breaks they won't need to buy another.

I know in the Christmas season Parents will obviously buy these figures for their kids but will Kids honestly want these figures. What do you think? I'm not looking from fans insights but looking from a kid's perspective.

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I can definately see parents not wanting to buy that toy for their kid, especially if they went to the movie with them. When I saw the movie, kids and parents alike were gasping and some started sobbing when Ironhide got killed.

3. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Stig's Asian Cousin

News Credits:
    I went to walmart yesterday and there was only one Bumblebee and tons of sentinal prime... Oh well more for me then :D 

4. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

Oddly enough there was one little kid that said "oh, no" when BB had the gun to his head but other than that nothing. That was the first time I went to see DOTM, the 2nd time not a peep and I listened specifically for kids reactions. Sentinel might shelf warm from kids due to nature of the character, but then again there are kids who really like the bad guys or want/need that bad guy for all their good guys. I think the biggest factor will actually be the price, beating out the character and his actions.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's something I've wondered about too, after seeing the film...I think some kids will still want it because the Autobots need someone to fight, and he is a rather unique looking firetruck...but yeah, he killed Ironhide, who's probably the third most popular Autobot.

6. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I am surprised he's sitting around so much, given his awesome design. And yeah, he's a villain, but Megatron never shelf warms! Then again, I only bought his Commander class figure, so I'm part of the problem with that Leader class sitting around. Only Leader I bought for DotM was good ol' Ironhide.

7. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No shit, they did that so the twist would be more of a, you know, surprise. It's not "Full of crap" or "Covering up the truth", it's trying to mislead you into thinking Shockwave's the villain and Sentinel's a good guy. People that still don't know this make me laugh.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I know that.

But yeah i agree, i love laughing at the bio. :lolol  It's better humor than most Bayformer jokes.

9. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just making sure.

And you know what's really funny? Thinking of all the kids who bought him before the movie, thinking he was some great hero, then actually seeing him be an evil jerk in the movie. :lol 

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, they actually should have released Bumblebee and Ironhide first. Even though uncle Iroh dies at least he still playable from the 1st two movies.

11. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    Sentinel was hard to find in my area around the time of the movie relase. Target had 13 Bumblebees. 13. No Sentinels. I used one of my Target coupons on BB because I don't mind dropping 30 bucks on him. But when I finally saw Sentinel again at my local walmart I was more than happy to snag him for the $42 price tag on him as opposed to waiting for a find at Target. I'll be saving my next coupon for Ironhide now.

I think, like others said, that Sentinel will sell to kids because he is such an unexpected bad guy, and his traitorous ways add to the playability for kids, kind of like Animated Shockwave. But familiarity with older characters will also make kids lean toward having Bumble and Ironhide. IT all depends on the kid and how they view things. I thnik it's still a bit too early in the line's run to determine who is a shelfwarmer because we're still in the first 2 waves of the line.

12. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Well speaking for myself,I was put off somewhat by Sentinel killing Ironhide in the movie,but what really got to me was the figure actually was a Major POS in that the panels wouldn't line up and stay connected in alt mode.I just can't see sales being very high for those 2 reasons,so IMO he is gonna shelfwarm majorly.

13. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

If I didn't want/buy him before, after seeing the movie I would totally want him now. I thought he was an awesome character.

14. GALVATRON_01

GALVATRON_01 CHAOS BRINGER

Total Shelfwarmer for the reasons said

15. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Sentinel Prime: What a jerk! :D 

On a serious note, I do think he's going to shelfwarm a bit. Both him and the Kre-O Sentinel.

16. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I had no intention of buying Leader Sentinel Prime until after I saw the movie, and realized this whole story, beginning to end, is basically all about Sentinel Prime. Drove to Target across the street and bought mine. Not a bad toy, especially with the bonus sounds.

17. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

maybe adult collectors who are fans of leonard nimoy and 'what a twist' betrayal will make up for the lack of sales from kids. aren't the leader class figures pretty much always bought by adult collectors and kids with rich parents initially until end of the product line when walmart slash price to $30. i don't think sentinel's betrayal would actually be much of a factor for parents' purchase decision but cost certainly is. autobot/decepticon/traitor autobot or not, leader class is still close to $50 after taxes which i imagine would make most parents hesitant about buying.

18. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I see HA black bb being a shelfwarmer

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

maybe, until christmas. but then during christmas, they'll sell out very fast, just like movie one and two did. the only one we will see still on the shelf, is mudflap. oh that rotf mudflap will never go away! :lol 

20. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All evil leaders shelf warm