Do you think current backstory allows for human-transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Worlder, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Worlder

Worlder Well-Known Member

Yeah yeah Terminators I get it.

But I know the recent Transformers videogames and this series are all based on the general Aligned backstory of

Optimus (or Orion) and Megs offer their plan for the future of Cybertron to the High Council, Optimus is praised Megs is rejected, Megs forms Decepticons, civil war happens, Cybertron is devastated, both factions head off-world, and land on Earth.

It seems there is nothing there that says Cybertronians have to be 12 feet or taller and are only able to scan mechanical devices. Correct me if I am wrong.

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Wait...are you suggesting we start seeing Pretenders??

No, thank you.

3. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

I wouldn't mind pretenders at all.
    If they are handled like they were in ROTF (without being total wh**s) lol.

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Pretenders are actually a pretty spooky concept when you think about it. Any human could be a Decepticon and you wouldn't even know it. It could make for some interesting storytelling, especially if he was a Zartan-like character.

5. Worlder

Surely some Cybertronians were afflicted with some sort of dwarfism.

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind something like a ROTF pretender, but I would hate to see traditional pretenders or even human-robot hybrids like Sari. They would just seem... out of place

7. walnuts

walnuts Well-Known Member

What about Headmasters? Simply transform in to the head of a giant robot. I'm sure MECH could whip something up.

8. IceMagnus

IceMagnus I like it loud!

News Credits:
    We shoulsd ha ve a character like Sari if were talkin about techno-organics.

9. Worlder

Actually now that I think about it just takes a small, by Cybertronian standards, Transformer projecting a hologram of a human over themselves.

10. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are we talking about transformers that turn into humans (Pretenders, Sari) or something else because I'm confused after reading the thread.

11. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

I think Makeshift's demise (and the reason he was killed off according to the writers) means that there will never be Pretenders in TFP. Which is fine by me. I don't love the idea.

12. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wan't Sari to be in Prime. So yes.

I think it would take a lot of work, but I think it would be a great addition, especially in a world where human interaction and being able to blend in is a vital component in survival. Also again she would have the ability to get into places normally not available to other Transformers, inside buildings, computer rooms, houses malls, office spaces, tombs, tunnels etc.

And maybe there's a middle ground between organic and Cybertronium based life. It could really add emphasis on the need for the two species to cooperate.

:D  I think it would be cool.

13. Worlder

Well do really small Cybertronians exists?

If so, go go holographic projection.

Just don't walk into any metal detectors.

14. VincentMagius

VincentMagius Well-Known Member

Originally, there was Rumble and Frenzy. Laserbeak and Ravage aren't really that big either. It depends on whether they are sparkless drones or not.

They are the oldest case of small bots I'm aware of in G1. I think Bubblebee got smaller for Pretenders.

The Headmasters and Weaponmasters were more people in suits.

I'm not sure about Powermasters.

Beast Wars, they were appropriate size, then kept getting bigger.

Was it Energon that gave us minicons.

15. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aren't there minicons in Prime? Aren't Minicons almost human size? I think one of the 13 was a minicon.

As for Metal Detectors:

They'd probably be in a unique place, needing to blend in with humans. They'd probably have to be as resourceful as Jack to adapt in a world were they're not the biggest. And they could end up in a lot of intesting situations, given their nature. They're bigger relatives may be cars on the road, but hybrids would have to be experts in infiltration, IMO. They'd have to be able to hide being Cybertronian from the many humans they'd have to interact with and get around such things as metal detectors, x rays, scanners etc. They'd need to be able to do things humans do, which would also be interesting

They'd have a unique point of view in all of this, IMO.

16. Worlder

If the writers ever introduce small Cybertronians that use their holograms to disguise as humans, please name one of them Zeta.

17. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Maybe Ratchet could develop " soligrams" (of solid light) to alllow autobots intercats directly with common people.

18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Human Transformers and Pretenders are two entirely different things.

Pretenders are Transformers with "shell" disguises. They do not transform into the disguise, they still transform into vehicles and other machines. Pretender Bumblebee is still a VW Beetle, Pretender Starscream is still a F-15 Jet, Pretender Grimlock is still a T-Rex. Non of them transform into humans.

Sari from Animated and Alice from Revenge of the Fallen are the only Transformers that actually have human alt modes. They don't have vehicle modes, they don't wear a human shell, being human is their alt mode. They are NOT Pretenders.

A lot of Pretender shells aren't even human so I don't know where people get the idea that any human Transformer is automatically a Pretender. Pretenders are Transformers with shells that don't have any connection what so ever to the actual robot. Not to be confused with Shellformers which are connected to the robot but don't have to be. When it actually transforms it's not a Pretender, it's just a Transformer with a human alt mode.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd rather not.

20. Worlder

A small Cybertronian can potentially have less problems with their fuel supply. One cube can probably last a lot longer given their body's size. Unless they are the hyperactive sort.

Also who it also gives an excuse to have true David vs Goliath melee battles. Carve those guzzlers to pieces.