Do you think Christmas will have a large effect on TF toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by omega ranger, Oct 13, 2007.

1. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

At Target today, an interesting question presented itself. Me, expecting to find a cleared white aisle of toys found a darker, filled with people aisle of toys, everyone talking about Christmas.

No, I am not a scalper like those eBay boards. *shudders*, but do you think Transformers (and other lines too) will have a greater impact this Christmas.

With hot items expected like Ultimate Bumblebee (which why this TF would get this great honor astounds me), and the new movie which came out earlier, plus scalpers snatching them up at every corner, do you guys think you'll have trouble finding new items, for yourself and the family (if they like them)?

2. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

Well, The prices are going to go down for Christmas at Wal-Mart. and I bet they will have ALOT more toys than even now.

3. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

I see this problems for parents because at the moment the shelves look fine and collectors are getting what they want. Now scalpers being stupid as they are more than likely will get all the toys like a few months ago and sell them on ebay.

4. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I'd imagined we'll see some more products, some sales, and hopefully filled shelves!

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Im assuming Walmart will be putting Classics, Alts, Cyb back on clearance to move them out of stores along with the movie toys... then again Walmart never does seem to know how to effectively move old merchandise

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since TF toys had an exceptional summer & fall around here (I think the movie had a little to do with that :)  ), I'd expect a decent holiday season as well. Hopefully the stock will be there to properly back up demand, and confound scalper-induced attempts at shortages. Also hopefully we'll see the first wave or so of "Allspark Power", or something newer than Dropkick, anyway.

7. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I won't have any problems. I always find what I'm after, even '08 BB was no problem for me.

8. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I think Hasbro has pretty much put out a ton of stuff (at least in my area) that there will be enough for everyone even **gasp** scalpers.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yes, no duh, of course it will make it even harder to find bumblebee...

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd imagine there'll be a big merchandising push again, probably the launch of the new wave with Cliffjumper, Landmine and that other guy... Camshaft? Maybe Nightwatch Prime and Leader Brawl for the big dudes, I think the Voyagers will be later releases.

Odds are, TFs of all shapes and sizes will fly off the shelves as quickly as they are put on them.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah,But i already have 08 BB. Took like 4 times to find one.