Do you think Bumblebee will get a mouth?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prowl, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that Bumblebee can speak (not that his not speaking was ever explained as a reason why his mouth was covered), do you think they will redesign his face to have a mouth. I found it interesting that Prime, who had no mouth in the toon, was given a mouth, and BB, who always had a friendly face, complete with mouth, lost it in the movie. It never bothered me, but I wonder if now that he has gotten his voice back if they will restructure his mouth to emote better, especially because he seems to be the friendlier of the bunch.

2. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I say they would not mess with a character that did very well in fan response. New and old fans a like I would like to mention.

Honestly the whole Idea of needing a mouth to emote is just BS. I think most people here and even myself felt BB emoted more than any of the other transformers even with out a mouth.

Any animator will tell you its all sold in the Eyes (in regards to emoting). Body language cant be ignored either. They could have left prime with his face shield and no one would have thought any differant on that movie.

The decision was purely Mike Bay's choice for how the character looks to him. Personally I still feel the mouth takes away from the signature character that is optimus prime.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree that most emotions come from the eyes, especially if animated well (ie. the scene where BB is being taken away and he looks to Sam conveys that), but since the other autobots have the mouths, I would like to see BB have one.

There is a toy, I think it's the Bumblbee Cyber Stomping, and the box art has Movie Bumblebee with a mouth and he looks pretty sweet.

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/tr/transformers-movie-cyber-stompin-bumblebee.jpg

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    He kind of did have a mouth....something was moving around on his face when he said his lines at the end of the first one anyway.

But either way, I'd hope they keep his design the same as the first one.

5. vektsilver

HEH that looks like a goatee. If they give him facial hair I will have to sit out this round :)  .

Bumble bee I wouldnt mind getting a mouth I just dont think they are going to complicate the character with that. Then again I said the same about Prime.

6. Allspark

Allspark Member

i don't he'll be speaking enough for him to need the mouth. i mean they gave optimus the mouth because he did most of the serious and important talking. imagine the scene when prime is talking to sam for the first time with his face plate on... honestly, and unfortunately, i don't think it would've be the same.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally don't think he will. Other than some color differences, and possibly a new weapon or two, I don't think the bots from the first movie will have any differences in the sequel.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I couldn't get a closer shot, but the darkened chin wasn't the interesting-looking part. He had a cool expression and it was complimented by the sly smile he had on his face.

Yeah I wouldn't want him to have a goatee either.

9. vektsilver

You right but I think it would have been better. Primes mouth did not animate well if you ask me and there are many times it looks funny instead of serious which would negate the usage of it.

People on the most part assume this was done because the mask didnt work but really thats not the reason more than it is just the directors choice to have it because he reimagined the character. If anything the mask when superimposed on the images looks more stern and serious which actually fits the character.

10. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    BB had a mouth - and we clearly watched him use it at the end of the movie. The design just makes it look like it's covered by a gascap or something, but I'm sure it'll look exactly the same way for the sequel since it apparently works just fine the way it is. It wasn't as though his mouth was actually sealed or anything - that's just the illusion it gave off when pointing out he couldn't talk because of damaged vocal processors.

I think it would be more strange if he suddenly got an uncovered mouth & lips after already seeing him effectively use his faceplate in the first movie.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I never understood why they made him mute for much of the movie. I know he had gotten injured and him using his radio to communicate provided some laughs, but I honestly think that his character would had developed a little better if he had been able to talk to Sam.

12. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I also wondered if he will have a mouth, and I came to think he will remain the same as the first film. He emoted very well, and there is no need of it.

13. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I like Bumblebee as is (I really hope they don't tamper with him). I don't think he needs a mouth like Optimus or the rest of his comrades to spreak. That werid little speaker-mouth piece is just fine with me.

14. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

who really cares that much about bumblebee?

personally i hope they frag his ass in TF2...most annoying worthless character, aside from that damned frenzy wannabe cell phone bot....

15. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    naaah, he won't get a mouth. I can clearly see that he was talking at the end of the movie and he did just fine.

BB's charm is that he emotes with his eyes.