Do you think Airachnid has a connection with the Insecticons from Fall of Cybertron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Dec 7, 2011.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I mean think about it,she does have aspects of an Insecticon,not to mention that the writers said in Season 2 we may see possible beast formers on Cybertron. Also seeing how Fall of Cybertron has a LOT of Insecticons and in a way the game does have connections to Transformers Prime she could have been one of them once.

Her origin story could have been that she was an ordinary Decepticon shouldier but she was criticly wounded in combat. Shockwave may have offered to her if she will accept trying out some Insecticon upgrades. She could have accepted it and as a result it might have turned her already aggressive and sadistic nature into a dangerous level!

It might not be true but seeing how we're getting the Dinobots in both TFP and FOC as well as a possible appearence of Shcokwave that could be her possible background that makes sense in a way.

So what are your thoughts?

2. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

I want to say no simply because arachnids aren't insects. :D 

Probably not, but then again, Airachnid was a bit unexpected to begin with, so who really knows? For all we know, Airachnid might have been the one who created the Insecticons.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I was thinking about this. Perhaps she was a willing subject to Shockwave's experiments. She was drawn to the sadistic nature of the spider, and requested her body be changed to be more like the arachnid. She proceeded to change her codename afterwards.

Airachnid could have been created even before the events of WFC, and the spiders featured in the game are minions built for her by Shockwave. It would be very interesting to see Airachnid as a boss in FOC.

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    It's a continuity family. Not directly connected.

5. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be awesome. The connection is implied due to Airachnid sharing the color scheme of the G1 Insecticons.

6. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I'm going with no because she doesn't have an insectoid alt-mode, but rather an alternate robot mode, and the fact that WfC/FoC and Prime are pretty much unconnected.

7. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Considering that WFC was created before the acknowledgement of Airachnid's existence, and that the game itself wasn't part of the Aligned Continuity yet, I will assume those purple spider bots and Insecticons have nothing to do with her.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I don't expect FoC to be connected at all to Prime, so no. I do expect people will claim they are connected though.

9. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    NO. Because they are different continuities.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd love Insecticons in Prime.

Sure why not.

11. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

No, they aren't.

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:

Well I know the games and show are not really connected to each other,however they DO have a lot of aspects borrowed from each other.

I'm just saying maybe Airachnids origin could have something to do with Shockwave and the confermed beast formers back on Cybertron somehow. I mean the beast formers may be a form of Insecticons and in a way she could have been responsesible for their creation. So while the game and the show aren't connected it wouldn't be suprsing if it has a LOT of elements from them!

13. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

We all know the games are in a continuity family along with Prime and the novels, and not everything has to e connected. However, continuities borrow from other one all the time. The fact that Prime and FoC are not directly connected does NOT mean Airachnid can't be in the game for whatever reason. She's a cool new character, very creepy and imposing, and the kind of character that would make for an awesome boss fight. They could draw on her for inspiration, or tie her origin into the game, but just because there are slight discrepancies between Prime and the games does mean Airachnid is suddenly a non-factor, quite the opposite in fact. The character exists in continuity already. It would be better than adding a dozen more G1 dudes.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No, I don't.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're still different continuities. There's a difference between continuity and continuity family.

Answering the question, I don't think so.

16. StarryAqua

News Credits:
    I can understand all the connections Airachnid might have to WFC/FOC, despite my previous post. But there's still one tidbit that factors for me why Airachnid may have no appearances or relations to the games: The lack of female characters (Tieger's lazy decision)

The story of FOC could probably function around the lack of female characters. However, if I recall correctly, in a recent interview with Sumalee Montano (Arcee) she is supposedly voicing a character in the game. Perhaps Tieger was lying, perhaps he meant to say no playable female characters. Whatever the case, I'm totally all for Airachnid's involvement in something.

17. StarryAqua

News Credits:
    Despite continuity families compromising of multiple continuities, there are some said continuities in the family that actually follow one another. Do we know for a fact that Prime, WFC/FOC, Exodus/Exiles don't?

18. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yes, because of the abundant inconsistencies that make them obviously unrelated directly.

19. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Still could have Airachnid be an Insecticon with a similar story in the TFP specific universe. I hope they don't go with "Slipstream became an Insecticon, now known as Airachnid".

20. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Or perhaps...she was one.