do you think a deadpool movie will be as good as you expect?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Funnymerc, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

yeah what it says above

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It all depends on what you "expect".

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    If the leaked script is anything to go by? It'll be nothing short of stupendous.

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    I'd be curious as to how they can do the inner monologue thing he has going on almost the entire time :p 

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I don't care about Deadpool in the least, so whatever they give us I'll be okay with.

6. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    The script is amazing. If they stay true to that, the movie will be amazing as well.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Seconded.

Oh, and Deadpool CAN'T be ANYTHING like what he was supposed to be in Wolverine: Origins. I don't even follow the character and I know Deadpool isn't some kind of slapped-together fusion of Mutant powers who can survive getting beheaded. Heck, they even sealed that guy's mouth shut, and I thought Deadpool was supposed to be the guy who mouths off all the time?

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

They COULD fix him and put him in the X-movies chronolgy though, just say the experiments to make him that mutant powerhouse of XOW ended up screwing his DNA badly and now he has a uncureable cancer and the only reason he hasn't died yet is because his healing factor keeps the cancer from destroying his cells [but never healing said cancer].

AND throw in he is now using those adamantium blades on his arms as swords.

To finish, add that only one of his extra mutant abilities "survived": John Wraith's teleportation.

Then say as the experiment was an ABSOLUTE fail, Stryker sent him to a hidden military jail of Canada where Killbrew's will is the only rule, alongside his bodyguard Ajax.

Here, I have fixed the character for you, now MAKE THE DAMN MOVIE. *looks at Fox studios*

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'd just kinda like him to be like he was in Origins Wolverine before the experimentation. Ryan Reynolds was great as the merc with a mouth.

10. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Have you read the script? It completely ignores the events of Wolverine.
    Unless you count the one scene where Wade throws a Baraka-Pool toy in the trash.
    It's better to just completely ignore what they did to Deadpool in that movie. It's not even worth trying to fix. That's how bad it was.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  11. Overlord Balder

I haven't read it, actually, I think I should someday [I'm a Deadpool fan, in fact].

Ryan Reynolds already made the character in everything but name on Blade III [Hannibal King], so I think he fits the shoes, Zombieland is one of my favorite movies of all time, so I think the script must be absurdly awesome, and...the movie lacks a director, so I can't really say anything, but everything until now [Writers and main lead] is cool for me.

And yeah, Barakapool sucked ass.

12. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, Reynolds is great. Perfect for Deadpool, if you ask me. Even in the comics, before Reynolds was cast, Deadpool described himself as looking like "Ryan Reynolds crossed with a Shar Pei".
    If you watch interviews with him, it's very easy to see that he's annoyed when he talks about Barakapool. But obviously he wasn't allowed to see anything bad about it because he was promoting the movie.

EDIT: And the movie does have a director. Tim Miller, a VFX designer, was hired back in April. So hopefully we start seeing more progress soon.

13. Overlord Balder

Other good actor for Deadpool [in my opinion] would be Bradley Cooper from The Hangover and the awesome The A-Team.
    I think his voice would fit with Deadpool's mask [his voice is similar to Nolan North's] and he certainly has the bodybuild to make the character.

14. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Bradley Cooper would definitely be my second choice. I think both he and Ryan totally have the comedy and muscle down. But I like Ryan more, mostly because he's been a fan of Deadpool ever since Blade III. He's been really close in the production for the movie. He helped write it, I think he's producing it, and he's starring in it.
    Almost every single time Ryan is asked about the movie, he always says "Right now we're really trying to make sure we're getting everything right". He says that the script is perfect for them, and right now they're just looking to find the right people to help make it work.

15. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yeah pretty much this and plus the way ryan reynolds speaks of tim miller it sounds like this is gonna be good.

16. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Tim is going to do just fine and all. But do you really think that Ryan would have said anything but good things about him in the first place?

17. Overlord Balder

I agree, Ryan Reynolds really CARES about the character.
    It kind of reminds me of Hugh Jackman [though Jackman isn't a HQ-fan, apparently].

I had forgotten.
    That is, thus far, the worst thing I've heard about this movie [a person that never directed a movie in his whole life directing a Deadpool movie as his DIRECTIONAL DEBUT], but with Ryan Reynolds and the Script, I think things will work.

Speaking of working, you've read the script right? Who are the main characters [heroes and villains] of the movie?

18. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Actually, I like that about the director. With no frame of reference, you can't really knock him or praise him. I always love seeing something new.

Heroes: Deadpool, Weasel, Blind Al, Copycat, Patch, and Colossus.
    Villains: Ajax, Sluggo, Wyre, and Dr. Killebrew
    I know Colossus sounds like a weird choice, but he's suprisingly well worked in.
    Ajax is the main villain, with Sluggo and Wyre acting as his henchman. Dr. Killebrew has only two cameos, but is set up so that he can have a larger role in the sequel.

The only downsides to the entire script are that Patch is killed, and it is implied that Deadpool is a mutant, because he went to Xavier's school. Other than that, it's everything you could ask for from a Deadpool movie.

19. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I expect it to be amazing, so I don't think it would be as good as I expect

20. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Well if Faux is in control then this movie will sucks. I will wait until Marvel gets it rights back.