Do You still own any of your childhood toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by slugslinger2004, Jan 8, 2009.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was going through my collection and I realized that while I have re-purchased many of the toys I grew up with, I don't have the toys purchased for me from my childhood. I gave away most of my Beast Wars toys when I was 12 and had "outgrown" them, but I held onto most my leftover G1/G2 toys (mostly junkers I sold in a lot a few years ago.) I have since replaced many of the G1/G2 bots with reissues or vintage toys from ebay or the Junkion Exchange.

The only bots that have remained in my possession (since I was 12) are Transmetals 2: Optimus Minor, Spittor, and Iguanus. I have managed to hold onto a couple of Ninja Turtles and a Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad Drago as well, but unfortunately nothing else remains.

How many of your toys managed to stick around with you through the years?

2. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    All the beast wars toy I have are from my childhood that I held on to. i still think I have some Spider-Man toys from the 90s, and I still proudly have Street Shark toy that my best friend gave me 15 years ago

3. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I have my g2 grimlock, all beast wars old joes like Sgt Slaughter i have old muppet babies and garfield toys i have a few actually little things oh and my g2 air raid

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I wish. I didn't have alot. Only around like 12 or 15. They were all the ones i really wanted though.

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

All I have is G1 Razorclaw, and Power Master Prime. Prime's seen better days, though.

I do remember deciding that I was going to hold onto my Boba Fett figure, since he was just that cool. He came up missing, shortly after that. :( 

But, I still have my Legos!

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Most of my G1s are from my childhood. Some I had to replace via ebay or reissues since a handful had been broken or stolen, though in the cases I had to replace a broken toy I still have my original one. (does that make sense? lol)

I also still have my Ninja Turtles, M.A.S.K., Dino-Riders, and 90's X-men toys as well.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I found a G1 Rewind with no legs and half a Constructicon Scavenger at my parents house a few days ago. Thats about it.

8. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Out of my G1 toys, I have my Devastator, TwinTwist and Bombshell.
    Devy's missing the connector pieces and Bombshell's missing a leg.

9. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I still have a huge Jurassic Park collection dating back to when I was around five years old. On top of that, while not toys, I have never sold a video game in my life.

As for Transformers, I had a bunch of BW toys. I liked the show, but sadly lost interest when BM/RiD started. The movie resparked my interest, and I really want to get some of those BW toys back. I just don't like how some basic figures like the original Rattrap are going for $50.

10. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I still have my PM Prime, but that's the only one that survived...

11. Movebuster

Movebuster Hiding True Intelligence

I still have the original toy that started my current habit of collecting transforming robots in my Mom's attic for sentimental reasons, but he's in terrible shape: Machine Men Cycle Man (Go-bots Cy-kill). I didn't decide to start collecting others until a year later. I have, in the past, traded entire collections to a collectibles store, and years later, when I started to collect them again, visited the same store and ended up purchasing some of the exact same toys that I gave up years before and didn't even remember having done so. A notable example is my Go-bots Vamp, which I would recognize anywhere because of the damage I caused it the day I first got it for Christmas with a screwdriver, trying to tighten the screw that re-attached it's floppy leg. And I still have Lego that predates any of my robots, that I got for Christmas circa 1979, mixed in with a huge amount dating all the way up to 2008. Now I'm trying to sort it, and I have no idea where to begin.

12. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Other than things that were too destroyed to salvage(save the remains of G1 Screamer), I have all of my old toys. The only fellow(s) unaccounted for that I KNOW are somewhere in a box would be Targetmaster Landfill and crew.

13. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

I still have every single toy I ever had from a kid, from vintage star wars (almost every figure + vehical) all my heman figures (most of them have rotted elastics) most of my gijoe stuff all the figures and most of the main parts to the vehicals and bases, and every single transformer (only 2 away from a complete us g1 collection!) I was and always will be a horrible packrat, and could never pring myself to let go of anything (even have every video game i ever bought from atari all the way up to shitbox360)

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Most of my G1 collection is from childhood. I was just as OCD about keeping them in boxes then as I an now. I also still have my entire TMNT collection from the beginning through the 2nd movie, that is complete, all still on their cards/bubbles.

15. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

All of them. 384 transformers from when I was a kid, and a near complete loose Star Wars figure collection. My dad says the Star wars toys were his not mine, which explains why I always got them when I didn't ask for them. I have replaced the worn out ones but I still have well over 200 on display.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Nothing Transformers, but I've still got plenty of 90's Toybiz Marvel figures. Including a Weapon X Wolverine that stands here on my desk, though it's dressed up as I'd somewhat customized it years ago. Just about everything else is in storage though.

17. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Only Survivor I have which was recently found chunked away in a box was a Vintage Ghostbusters Stay Puff Marshmellow Man toy. Everything else has been either lost,sold at a yardsale, or didn't survive intact. Only other toy that really wasn't mine but was my brothers was a Target Master Hot Rod that I ended up breaking as a kid and still have...

18. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I don't have any of my old Transformers, but I still have my Jurassic Park toys and a couple of those Star Wars figures from '95.

19. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Of all my toys(Jurassic Park, LEGOs, Star Wars, BW Transformers), my transformers are all I have. There here to stay, I do hold onto my some classic videogames too.

20. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

33 and I kept all my TFs and my brothers. Too mant to name but a few examples.
    Trypticon, Scorponok, Metroplex, Powermaster Prime, Thunderwing all MIB not sealed.
    Christmas 84 Skywarp,Gears,Soundwave...
    Some have reissue replacments due to wear like TRUS Reis Soundwave...
    Any I never got are picked up here and there as time goes by.