Do you really want a reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Feb 24, 2011.

1. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure destroying the sun is a credible threat

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

To be perfectly honest, I would much prefer to see a reboot of the movie franchise than TF4. Be nice to see another director's take on TFs.

I sure wouldn't mind a live-action TV series, but sadly I doubt it will ever happen.

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    The idea is a credible threat, much less however was the Decepticon's ability to bring that plan to anything resembling fruition. Seriously, Megatron does not so much hold the idiot ball as he does have it shoved up his aft.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we were promised Empire Strikes Back, what we got, was Starship Troopers 2. In fact I saw no less than two places that on any other movie would worthy cliffhangers: Sam's stricken face as they drive off after seeing Optimus Prime die, or the Fallen perched on the sinking carcass of an aircraft carrier.

Had one of those (with appropriate extra scenes to better flesh out the plot in the case of the former) been the last thing I saw before cut to credits, I'd have been truly impressed.

4. AMG

AMG Old School

I'd rather have a reboot than have a 4th TF movie with the same ending.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

A creditable film threat is a threat that the bad guys in the film might actually be able to pull off.

So in the first film Megatron getting the All Spark and doing something bad with it is a creditable threat. It puts the good guys in a bad spot at the end of the movie but nothing to keep the good guys from coming back to try to win in the next film.

Taking out Earth's Sun is not a creditable threat because everyone knows they aren't going to take out the Sun and then not have a way to do more movies. Take away the Sun and the Transformers would quickly be the only living thing left on Earth provided they wouldn't freeze as well.

6. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    the movie-design has been established, so this shouldn't be changed imho.

but i know what you mean Ash, i think what you said merged in the sentinel prime design

7. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    THIS!

8. Transfrom 114

Transfrom 114 Mattimus

No, there shouldn't be a reboot

9. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Reboot, remake, continuation... I don't care, just take it more seriously. Maybe we can get a reverse of the Star Wars franchise, ie the first three TF movies = crappy SW prequels and the next three TF movies = awesome SW original trilogy.

10. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Sure it can.

Look at Batman. There's been multiple reincarnations/reboots of those films, and each one has it's own different style and aesthetic. The design of the characters from Burton's Batman are vastly different from Nolan's, which are different than Arkham Asylum.

With a reboot, the new director can do whatever he wants with the Movie aesthetic, as it is "re-starting" the series. Rebooting a series means starting it over with a blank slate.

To be honest though, I'd really hope they keep the Bay aesthetics. They really work for a Movie Transformers series. The robots look unique, interesting, alien and very cool.