Do you really want a reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    It's WAY too early to even think about a reboot. I'm perfectly fine with the series as it is. There are problems with however if this happens.

1) This will confuse the kids. Those cute little critters who have a bumblebee on ever wall of their rooms will surely be confused when another TF film comes out with a different-looking Bumblebee. The same with the other characters.

2) This series is way too popular at the moment. I doubt Hasbro would want to do something so drastic as to reinvent the series especially so early.

3) How do you know that a reboot will solve your "problems"? How do you know that a new director won't envision Transformers in a worse way? You never know, they can have a new TF series where the bots fight FAAAAAAAR away and just shoot each other and you may miss the Bay-style combat.

2. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    reboot, set it in 1980s, why not.

3. tomigaoka

tomigaoka Well-Known Member

hmmmm yeah i want a reboot, but not now cause kids will easily get confused. a good reboot will be about 3-5 yrs from now, so those kids will grow up and get more excited and will not care about the pass.

but i dont want TF4 anymore, especially when it comes to BAY. Nolan could be fine. or the COEN brothers though (who knows).

4. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

It depends on how DOTM ends, plus a reboot ≠ a better movie. For all we know, a reboot could be worse than ROTF.

5. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    this is too early to discuss in my opinion...

though it will happen sooner rather then later.

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I don't care if they are confused. No one cared about us if we would be confused when Beast Wars came out. So what?

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    No-one is talking about rebooting the franchise so soon. Besides, how do you know that a reboot won't solve our problems?

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know I would like one.

9. Shizuka

News Credits:
    I'm only making this topic because of the many. many, many people on this thread that say "I want a reboot blah blah blah" as if that will solve everything. It's a little annoying since DOTM isn't even out yet.

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    yeah, but they've already jumped the shark.

There's no guarantee that a reboot will automatically be a better film(no one thinks that), but to have a chance at being any good, the next film is going to have to distance itself from the Bay movies.

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    The cartoons get re-booted with more frequency.

Batman was re-booted.

Spider Man is in the process of getting re-booted.

Besides, Transformers was PG-13, not really for the littler kids. If a kid is old enough to walk into the theater without havinvg to be chaperoned, then he is old enough to understand the re-booting.

I liked the movies, will probably see the 3rd several times in the theater... but really want to see the series re-booted: especially by a different production crew with a different philosophy.

12. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh God yes. I just want the series to end already.

And how is it too early? This is the (supposed) end of the trilogy, if this was posted in-between TF1 and 2, that would be early.

13. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector I'm British i am

News Credits:
    The idea of a reboot is crazy talk. IMO, only Michael Bay can handle a live action Transformers movie, and if he really can't do it, then Steven Spielberg should do it. I'm just praying that James Cameron doesn't do a reboot.

14. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It depends on a lot of things.

15. Shizuka

News Credits:
    The funny thing about the reboot of Spider-Man is that the fans who comment on IGN are displeased [with what little they know] so far. The bitch about the costume which I think is really cool and nitpick the SMALLEST of things like "OMG Spider-Man is too thin".

16. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

no reboots please

17. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I don't want a reboot. I don't want a Transformers 4. I honestly think they should finish it with a bang at three, and then let it rest in peace. Let people remember it as an awesome trilogy.

18. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

It's justified, Spiderman is ABSURDLY ridiculous on that outfit, it looks like something that came out from a Gay Cosplay, A BAD gay cosplay.

The movie might be good but for God's sake, I laugh every time I see that damn outfit.

But, on the Transformers franchise, I REALLY think that a Reboot [now] would only make things worse.

Anyone thinking that Hasbro will hire The Coen Brothers or Christopher Nolan to do a next movie it's just fooling himself, they will hire someone who works similarly to Michael Bay: Blockbuster flicks, they want money [and perhaps some good critical reception], and the movies have been pretty damn good at acquiring money to Hasbro.

Besides, on what parallel universe The Coen Brothers or Nolan would step out of their kingdom of cult hits to step in a TOY FRANCHISE, a toy franchise made into movies directed by Michael "BOOM" Bay? It's like God decided to go in a wild ride and simply become the Devil because he feels like it: it makes no sense.

So really, it's from Michael Bay Standards to below, the only good person who does blockbusters that I can think of is Gore Verbinsky, but would he give a crap about the original material? We don't know.

Also, people misblame Michael Bay far too much: he made a story [based on toys] about robots who turn into freaking cars sound conceivable and interesting to watch on the big screen, that's one hell of a feat.
    Just give him a better screen-writing team and awesomeness happen.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Eventually, if possible. There's many ways you could adapt TFs to live-action. This is just one. I'd like to see another if I could.

20. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I've liked the movies, but I think it times for a new vision. And the best way to accomplish that is for the next director not to be bogged down by what came before.