Do you really want a MP Optimus Prime V3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So I know this happens to be a thing. But I have no clue why it is a thing. With us still needing so much of the MP line, why are people asking for a V3 OP?

Also, do people realize what a V3 OP really means? What happens if he is released and he is now bigger then his current height? Just that simple of a change throws everything off. Not to mention, it also would mess up anything 3rd Party companies would be doing. Should they follow the old scale, or the new?

To me, MP01 feels outdated. MP10 does not. He is still relevant today.

If anything, they can release a cartoon repaint or something, but I don't see the need for a whole new figure. Cartoon repaints I fully understand. With Cartoon paint jobs on MPs, you don't have to worry about getting the official license for every sticker on the toy. Nor do you need to even worry about getting the Porsche license for some one like Cliffjumper. Over all, it's just a better move not having to lose money paying for the official license on said x, y, z figure. Is it ideal for those that like the Toy. No. But it still gets us what we like, cheaper and possibly quicker.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    I pretty sure this question has been asked a number of times in a number of ways.

Do I need one? Nope, I'm very happy with MP-10.
    Do I have any issues with MP-10? Not really. In fact I have more issues with current MPs.
    Will I buy it? Depends if IMO it's an improvement on MP-10 or not and doesn't cost a fortune...seems unlikely

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. MP-10 is good enough for me. but I prefer the "2nd batch" of MPs generally: real cars, realistic robots. I don't like the "toon" look at all. Too many smooth panels contrasting with the greebleys on the real cars.

• Like Like x 5
  4. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really love my MP10, but if they've found a way to make an even better MP Prime then sure!

• Like Like x 2
  5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Nah. I'm done buying Masterpiece Optimus Primes. I'd rather have a Masterpiece God Ginrai over a v3 MP Convoy any day of the week.

• Like Like x 1
  6. grindcore138

grindcore138 Handsome like an F-22

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, but that's because I can't find MP10 Optimus for anything resembling a price I'd consider paying, so a new version hopefully remedies that. I just hope he doesn't come with the trailer/there's a separate release with his trailer, I just want Prime by himself.

7. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

Not really. Only reason I'd buy one is if I buy MP-10B (Nemesis Prime). I don't really like the idea of having two molds that cost so much. However, if this new version is just as good, if not better, as well as affordable, perhaps it could help me decide to buy Nemesis Prime. Dunno. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

8. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    All day every day I’ll take a newer Prime. I’ve already mentioned reasons as to why half a dozen times in numerous other threads .

• Like Like x 8
  9. Yaujta

Yaujta Breadchildren. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was never the biggest fan of MP-10, so I'm all onboard for a V3. Is it needed? Not overly, but with Optimus being the face of Transformers, I don't have an issue with him being updated to match the present aesthetics.

Not sure why this matters. Should Takara really care if it causes issues with those organizations? I would hope not.

• Like Like x 3
  10. godaiking

godaiking Well-Known Member

Yup, I want a new MP Prime. More cartoon accurate like their recent Megatron would be awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The new Prime isn't meant for people who already have MP-10 (though of course they can buy it if they want). It's meant for people who don't have MP-10, and also because the MP-10 mold has been released about twelve times and is at the end of its usability.

• Like Like x 1
  12. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Nah not really. I find no reason to replace Mp10. Plus the new direction of cartoon accuracy works against my wants. It hads to be something mind blowing to make me get it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, doesn't matter for Takara. That I agree with. But would matter for the fandom.

A new OP, if not done in the existing scale size and so forth, which reboots MPs can actually cause more damage then good to the MP line. Granted, I am thinking that MP10 rebooted the MP line, and a new MP may reboot the MP line again.

14. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Yes!

I would like skinner legs, more animation head sculpt, no monkey arms, and more accurate waist area... and finally, he just looks off next to MP Megatron...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  15. pilot00

If they do that, it will solidify a large portion of us, that are playing on double terrain, permanently on the 3p camp. IDK how wise that is financially. Especially at this point.

16. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!

Ebay:
    Only if they release a sleep mode version

• Like Like x 2
  17. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Absolutely yes.

Mp10 is showing his age now articulation wise, he kinda sticks out a bit with the new cartoon aesthetic too. Those that don't want it can pass until it's too late and then they can complain about aftermarket prices.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, but what do you do if your a 3rd Party company then? Do you do "old style" MP or new.

I assure you that if there is a V3, it will come in all sort of colors. Sleep mode, Nemisis, Camo, Year of the whatever, Camoflauge, 7-11, and whatever other mold you can think of.

19. pilot00

Depends on the 3p company and what they did so far. Fans toys and KFC/XTB for example have 0 incentive to completely trash their own line to follow suit. It can even be said that it might benefit them in the long run (for TT to reboot now). As for others like DX9 (example) can swing either way.

20. jru42287

jru42287 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I'm still good with MP-10. If anything, I wish the MP line would get back to basics, since the newer ones don't really aesthetically match well with the older ones.

• Like Like x 2