Do you put your own fan fiction into your displays?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was just wondering if anyone else does this. I recently started to put my own twists onto things for my displays, and I absolutely love it.

I decided to divide my Decepticons into a few "factions" for my main displays. Each of them has a leader, the group, and then a FP Bruticus Maximus as their big backup.

Here are the factions:

Deceptikuza (Earth bots residing on western hemisphere: Base in Hong Kong)

Leader: FP Shadow Scyther
    - Galaxy force Soundblaster
    - Henkei Dark Skyfire
    - Shadow Commander s/Shadow Warrior and Universe 2.0 Ravage
    - Universe 2.0 Skyfall with Venksta Skyjack upgrades
    - Big Bot: Custom FP Battle Gaia (Black bodied custom Onslaught, Warcy, Flameblast, and Unnreleased scouts Gunbarrel and Reverb for limbs)

Cybertron Defense Unit (Yes, they reside on Cybertron)

Leader: Custom Shockwave
    - Cybertron Soundwave
    - Galaxy Force Voyager Starscream
    - Universe 2.0 Darkwind with Venksta Masterforce Upgrades
    - UNited Rumble and Frenzy
    - Perfect Effect Scouting Force X
    - HTS Exclusive Overkill
    - Big Bot: FP Energon bruticus Maximus

Earth Ground Defense

Leader: United Megatron
    - SDCC Universe 2.0 Nemesis Prime
    - Universe 2.0 with TF-Con Upgrades
    - Music Label Soundwave
    - Classics Astrotrain
    - Perfect Effect Rumble and Frenzy
    - Big Bot: Big Bot: FP ROTF Bruticus with Swindle and blast-off as limbs

Earth Air Defense

Leader: Universe 2.0 Starscream with Coronation Gear
    - Classics Skywarp
    - Generations Thundercracker
    - Classics Ramjet
    - Generations Thrust
    - Generations Dirge
    - Big Bot: FP ROTF Bruticus with Vortex and Brawl limbs.

And then, I gave the core Autobots FP upgraded Nexus Maximus to fight alongside FP Superion, Masterpiece Grimlock, and Cybertron Metroplex as their Big Bots!

Do you guys do anything with your setups that are completely non-cannon?

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well I don't quite do that though the idea does tickle me in a good way.

I do have a proto idea that some of the movie-ish figures I own are some how connected. This includes my custom character Burnout, RTS Brawn (? tan Humvee with a shoulder gun), Mindwipe (? blue anti aircraft missile launcher, repaint of green Decepticon), Tarradive, the DOTM deluxe Dread, and probably another one or two that's slipping my mind.

I kind of see them all coming from the same batch of protoforms to explain their unusual aesthetics.

3. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    when i get my blood kit - bludgeon will be in charge of his little insecticon ninja army. :) 

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I believe the humvee is RTS Outback/Fallback. The anti aircraft guy is Mindset, a remold of Hailstorm.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    All my set ups are strictly by the book, really. Classic G1 characters are on a shelf, Animated on a shelf, etc. I enjoy the idea of providing your own fiction, but it's not for me in a toy sense. I do have ideas sketched out for a fan comic involving several different characters, different styles and such.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Thrust & Dark Skyfire terrorize the galaxy together... from on top of my tv :lol 

Nightstick's there too, but I think he's just visiting until his domestic issues with Cyclonus are dealt with.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't make new factions, but I'm all about creating sub-groups, especially with my custom Alts/BTs. I see them as car gangs, squads, and such.​

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice SQ7. Love the Prowl setu.

And yea guys, I was pretty "by the book" myself until I started having to work these 3rd party figures liek Shadow Commander and Scyther in, and then with the multiple Bruticii it just started to come together on it's own!

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Can't say that I do, as far as making up my own fiction. Though I do play a bit on the given fiction, in my display. A couple things to note:

I have Classics Optimus Prime displayed as the Optimus Clone on the Decepticon side of the shelf. I hope having the Autoscouter close to it sells it a little more.

Placement of where characters are between the two shelves. Rodimus is exactly where Optimus is standing, just one shelf below. Also, Bombshell and Skywarp stand one shelf above Cyclonus and His Armada, respectively.

I have a Sweep and Ghost Starscream posed exactly the same way, which is in a pose where they're (he's) aiming at where Galvatron would be standing (if I had a suitable Galvatron to display). Implying that Starscream possessed the Sweep.

So yeah, I do things like that in my display. Little nods and such to cartoon episodes.

10. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

i don't change factions but i like forming little 3 to 6 bot teams based on apperaences, scalewise, type or amount of weapons or media appearences.

11. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Similar but different.
    On the decepticons side is
    Unicron and Universe Galvatron
    Megatron's guys: United Megs, ML Soundwave, PE Fremble, Universe Ravage, PE Reflector Trio, FP Insecticons, TFC Constructicons and Lugnut.
    Starscream's guys- Masterpiece Seekers and iGear coneheads
    Galvatron's guys- Custom Galvatron, Scourge, Sweeps, Cyclonus, Combaticons, Triple Changers and Nemesis and Straxus due to their Galvy connection in IDW.
    Then "We're mostly in the comics"- Thunderwing, Lockdown, custom Skullgrin, Mindset (I I decepticonified mine), Mindwipe, Skystalker, Space Case, led by Bludgeon.

Autobots are
    MP Rodimus and Primus
    Prime's Guys: Cars and trucks from Seasons 1 and 2, Jetfire and Faith Leader
    Minibots: Seasons 1 and 2 minibots.
    Rodimus's Guys: Protector, Blurr, Magnus, Arcee, Wheelie, Aerialbots, Blaster, Wreck-Gar and a couple of custom Junkions (Nancy and Detritus- though they aren't finished)
    Wreckers: Warbot, Kup, Perceptor, Drift, custom Guzzle, Roadbuster and.. because he doesn't fit anywhere else, DOTM Skyhammer.

Off to the side are Dinobots (MP Grimlock, Animated Slag and Swoop, PCC Grimstone) and G2 Prime vs a custom G2 Megatron

You can see I'm quite liberal about line-mixing.. all the recent lines make an appearance in my collection and stand next to each other like nothing's wrong. There's some obvious holes.. I don't have Red Alert, Ratchet, Shockwave or Laserbeak of the top of my head.. but not too bad for six months.

12. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I put fiction to mix the lines (currently my movie leaders are characters that are so high on dark energon that they've grown in size and have that organic look) and to use different molds of the same characters (if I have more than 1 magnus than one of them becomes Magnum).

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    My transformers are currently at the golden age of Cybertron. Decepticons, Autobots, Maximals, Predacons, Minicons, etc, even Unicron, are all allied together to fight against a common foe from another universe: My sister's stuffed animal kingdom.

14. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    ^^
    You won the thread.

15. Louk

Louk Well-Known Member

I sort of do this I guess? In my head I have my own timeline which ignores parts of the established canon and that is how I setup my shelves.
    My timeline goes like this:
    Early Cybertron/Quintesson Era: Movie Toys - because they look the most alien in robot mode
    Post Quints/Golden Age: Armada/Energon/Cybertron - Transformers leaving cybertron and spreadin Across the galaxy
    The Great War: WFC/Prime - The Prime Figures may fit here, maybe after Animated
    Current Era/Near Future: G1/G2/Classics/Alternators - Here I follow established fiction
    Pax Cybertronia: RiD - Still classics designs, with the emergance of Beast Forms
    Far Future: BW/BM - Again, Hasbro canon
    Post BM: Animated - the smoothness of the designs reminds me of BM a bit, and I ignore the very end of BM fiction wise, cybertron never got reformatted but the sparks were freed.

This is mostly just the order of how I think the toys look best. I've never liked the multiverse thing, and try to fit everything together

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Not really, the only extent to "fan fiction" that my collection has are the few repainted customs that are my own characters, namely Burnout (repainted movie Camshaft) and some Marvel Crossovers I made into Decepticons. Oh, and I guess Aveo Swerve counts, too, since I consider him Classics and he practically has no story officially given.

17. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Indeed. I currently have my factions split up four ways. The Autobots, the 'traditionalist' Decepticons, the Seekers (Starscream, other usual Seekers/Coneheads, and additional flying altmode characters from both factions), and the 'Renegades' (Universe 2008 Nemesis Prime/Scourge with Crasher/Fracture, RotF Bludgeon, HFTD Banzaitron, a repurposed RotF Armorhide, Deadlift, and some misc. others). One day I will have a proper Megatron to lead the traditionalists; until then, TFA Megs is a sometimes stand-in.

Or maybe I should try to get an Energon Arcee to repaint as Flamewar? :D 

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I only buy on screen American show characters so I do not have my own FanFic.

The closest I get is that Drift is in my Classics display.

19. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I like the idea a lot TJ... BUT WHERE ARE THE GROUP SHOTS!? :cool: 

I guess my contribution would be this pic with a scourned Warcry teaming with Windcharger and Breacher against the Brut...

[​IMG]

20. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Yes, I do. A number of my displays tell a story in their own right. Figures standing at attention bore me to no end. I buy toys for the sight and spectacle so I prefer to have my toy room telling one big story.

I'm currently building an Autobot Ark "shelf" to act as a display for the Autobots, while, somewhere down the line, I'll get to the Nemesis for the Decepticons.