Do you prefer Prime FE or RiD transformations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I was just wondering, for those of you who have both FE and RiD Prime toys, what do you prefer in general, the FE transformation or the RiD transformation.

We all agree that the FE line tends to look better then the RiD line, so let's put that aside and focus in on just transformations.

Also so I am clear I am refering to the line as a whole. Many people will not have both figures of each to compare to each other. So for me, I have 4 FE figures and 5 RiD figures. They are all different characters. So far, I like the RiD line better in terms of Transformations. A bit more fun and they seem to tab in together nicely. Some of the FE transformation are also a bit too hard for my liking. Arcee is one such example.

I do have to say though, that the FE line does have some interesting way of doing transformations. The FE line is almost the MP line for Prime. Does cool stuff never seen before, but not necessarily the best for play.

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good question. For whatever reason, I have not managed to get both of anything.

Optimus - FE Voyager
    Bulkhead - FE Voyager
    Megatron - RID Voyager
    Bumblebee - FE SDCC
    Arcee - FE SDCC
    Starscream - FE
    Cliffjumper - RID
    Vehicon - FE

Wheeljack - RID of course
    Soundwave - RID of course

But from what I've opened, the FE Vehicon and Starscream tab together pretty well.

3. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Optimus - FE Voyager
    Bulkhead - FE Voyager
    Megatron - RID Voyager
    Bumblebee - FE
    Arcee - FE
    Starscream - FE (Nothing to compare it to)
    Cliffjumper - FE
    Vehicon - FE (Nothing to compare it to)
    Wheeljack - RID (Nothing to compare it to)
    Soundwave - RID (Nothing to compare it to)

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Well, maybe I could have asked this better. In general, I think the RiD figures are simpler to transform and tab together nicely. In this case, I actually prefer the RiD figures in term of Transformation.

That is comparing my 4 FE to 5 of RiD. All different figures. Not the same figure from both lines.

5. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    I prefer FE Bee over R.I.D. I had to take apart the R.I.D. just to transform him today. Perhaps I am retarded or something LOL.

6. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I respect this thread, and for me, I think RID transformations seem a bit more streamlined, but it's not like FE ones are overly difficult. I feel like they're about even in terms of complexity, but FE molds just seem like their overall better and more complex parts in general make their transformations SEEM more complex.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I prefer FE to RID except Arcee and Vehicon, who's RID versions are both far superior.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Optimus - FE Voyager
    Bulkhead - FE Voyager
    Megatron - RID Voyager (because there isn't another Voyager)
    Bumblebee - FE
    Arcee - Don't have RiD to compare
    Starscream - Don't have RiD to compare
    Cliffjumper - Tied. This is the ONLY case where its tied.
    Wheeljack - Don't have FE to compare
    Soundwave - Don't have FE to compare

9. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    from what i see EVERY SINGLE Fe mold is superior to the RID versions, *sigh* How i wish my dad had enough money the day he got me FE Bee when he was in USA, i rly want Arcee! (and Starscream)

I REALLLLLLLLY Hope FE make it here

10. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

The only FE figure I have is Bumblebee. I like the complexity (or seemingly complex) of the transformation. It is pretty fiddly, but maybe that's just Bumblebee. As far as RID figures, I have Cliffjumper, Wheeljack, Prime, Megs and Soundwave...I just gotta say, these guys are a lot of fun. And they look pretty good and pretty accurate, not to mention a blast to transform. I understand they are not FE quality, but these guys are excellent in their own right. I have to say RID is wonderful as far as transformations :) 

11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have any Prime toys at all yet, but the single thing I prefer about RID Prime from looking at pictures is the fact that his robot mode chest is his real windshield.

12. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I don't know why all you people think FE Optimus is better than RiD Optimus because we're talking about transformations here. I prefer the RiD because it doesn't have fake window boobs. The FE is just an overscaled version of the deluxe Prime Optimus. RiD Bumblebee's transformation is also good. He transforms like G1 Optimus Prime. His FE version was a pain in the behind to transform.

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Because its an opinion.

14. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I went to the store today and saw five of the PRID Optimus figures in box. And all of them had the same "push here" on the box to push the weapon. I promptly put the box back on the shelf. It's not that I don't like the figure. I just don't like it for my collection. I don't have an FE version of him, but if given the choice between the figure on the shelf or nothing, I'd choose nothing. Because the weapon doesn't make sense and is floppy, and the figure doesn't look nearly as good to me. I'm not a scale fiend, I don't care about fake windows, but I do like it when the figure I pay for has some quality to it. Same goes for Cliffjumper. I bought the PRID version, hoping it would be a good stand in. It isn't. Yes, it's a fiddly little figure, but I went and paid through the nose for an FE version, and they are lightyears apart. My FE Cliffjumper has two right hips, and I still like it better than the PRID version. Same for FE Arcee, FE Starscream, and FE Bumblebee. I can honestly tell where a lot of the production budget went into, because PRID Wheeljack, Ratchet, and Soundwave are excellent pieces, but I don't know how to explain it. You can just tell the difference. And I do prefer the slightly more complex FE versions for the transformations.

15. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    FE so far, based on personal experience from figures I have and video reviews for the rest.

Besides Wheeljack, Prime and Cliffjumper, the other RIDs are too basic to appeal to me. I really, really adore FE Bulkhead with all his clips in both modes, I vastly prefer FE Bumblebee's scheme to the overall simplistic RID one [not talking about looks, but transformation].

Both Cliffjumpers actually do it for me in their own ways, though I find it commendable that the FE does not cheat for that waist to come into play.

Need to see Starscream [RID] in action too. RID Arcee was so basic it hurt me when compared to FE Arcee.

RID Soundwave is nothing complex, just about average.

Both Primes have their advantages over each other.

16. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I like the FE more. They do some great things like Cliff's headlights and Bulk's small alt mode.

17. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    While i have yet to own any and will likely never own any due to budget, i personally prefer the look of the RID figs

18. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at each mold as its own figure and ignoring size differences between Voyagers/Deluxes:

Optimus - FE Voyager
    Bulkhead - FE Voyager
    Megatron - FE Deluxe
    Bumblebee - FE
    Arcee - RiD Deluxe
    Starscream - FE Deluxe
    Cliffjumper - RiD Deluxe
    Vehicon - Rid Deluxe

But if you take into account sizes, then Megatron switched to the RiD voyager. That said, I prefer the FEs as a whole, but I don't care if the RiDs use faux-parts if it makes a better robot mode.

19. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I own both versions of Optimus and Cliffjumper. While I like the looks of the FE Optimus better ( on the fence with Cliff ), I have to say the RID versions are better to transform. Complexity is about the same on both. It just feels like the RID versions are smoother. Parts don't seem to get in each other's way as much, and everything lines up pretty easily. No fiddling around with panels trying to line them all up.