Do you prefer more combiners or city formers?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Alucard77, Aug 31, 2012.

?

Do you want city formers before more combiners?

1. Yes - too many combiners in a row, a mix would be awesome

23 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. No- I am ok with all the combiners coming first

37 vote(s)
    56.1%
  3. No - I don't want City Formers anyway

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I guess I am on a roll today. So the poll this time around is on what you would prefer, more combiners coming out one after another till all the combiners are released or would you like for City formers to get mixed in first before all the combiners are completed and released. Unfortunately it doesn't look like we have a choice at the moment, since everything announced are combiners (which is good, not complaining here) but how about city former love.

For me personally there are 2 city formers which I really like.
    1- Trypticon
    2- Omega Supreme

If I could have it my way, I would have liked for Omega Supreme to have come out after Hercules came out.

I mean, what more of an epic battle is there then Omega Supreme vs. Devastator. Unfortunately we will have a bit of a wait (estimating 3 years minimum) before we see City Formers, but wanted to see a quick poll on if people wanted to see City Formers before seeing more combiners.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Combiners, but I do want to see some city/base Transformers like Omega Supreme we haven't gotten yet.

3. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Truthfully, I'm not crazy for city-formers aside from Omega Supreme (I'd like one in scale with Hercules so they can battle a la IDW's All Hail Megatron). I do like bases like the recent DOTM Ark playset (Cyberverse rules) but I'm fairly lukewarm toward guys like Fort Max, Trypticon, and Metroplex for some odd reason. Probably because I have limited space for them. XD

4. Cecilia

Cecilia Transforming

Some Cityformers in scale with Cyberverse/legends scouts would be badass, meanwhile I build my Lego Metroplex hehehe

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Give me all the combiners first. The only "City Bot" I would welcome with open arms right now is Omega Supreme.

6. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

Combiners first. City Formers should be supreme class sized, so I doubt a 3rd party one would cost less than $300. Too much money and too much shelf space for me. I'm happy with the Energon version of Omega Supreme (perfect size next to Hercules) and I wouldn't mind an Hasbro FOC Metroplex, although it isn't likely to happen.

7. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

Never been a big city former fan, but I would love to see "War For Cybertron" versions of Omega Supreme and Trypticon. Those I would spend a ridiculous amount of money on.

8. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Not trying to be rude, so please don't take it that way, but why is $300 for Omega Supreme too much money, but $600 for Hercules is not. I mean, sure Hercules can be broken up into multiple figures, but how often do you do that?

9. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

Not a bad question, and one I ask myself, but have no answer to. I've got MMC Cyclops sitting next to MT Giant. Giant was $360. Cyclops was $150. Both prices I feel are fair. They aren't too far off in size from one another. Head to head, Cyclops is maybe an inch shorter, and not quite as broad as Giant. Standing together Giant doesn't look like he cost $200 more.

I think it comes down to how much one is willing to spend on a toy in one lump sum. $300 for one toy is a bit much. Three purchases of $120 over the course of several months is much easier to swallow. It's the same reason poker tournaments are played with chips. Betting a stack of chips is easy, where as betting a stack of cash tends to break the gambler's nerves.

10. luigi013

luigi013 Well-Known Member

I had to vote for combiners first I don't by any means just want them out but id like to see a few company's fight it out on the best take of some of our old school combiners...I was even hoping to see Mt and tfc try to duke it out again with the same sets and different takes on them...other than that the only city former I even remotely like is metroplex and have a original g1 of him but didn't like him enough to want another until foc...

11. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

You certainly have a point and you aren't rude by any means! I was speaking from an entirely personal standpoint, as requested by the poll :) . I've spent $600 for Hercules for a variety of reasons and I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm not going to take any other >$300 blow, so from now on I will settle down for the less expensive FP-Maketoys combiners. Moreover, I'd rather spend $250-300 on six triple-changing figures that combine into a leader-sized robot, than on a single supreme-sized figure. But that's just me, I can totally understand people wanting a $300 Omega Supreme and I hope they're gonna get theirs!!!

12. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

I am afraid to see what a Supreme Class or equivalent 3rd Party City bot would cost. But I would love to see what they could come up with.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Combines are fine. If city bots are released they'd have to be fucking HUGE to get my interest. Leader class isn't going to cut it for me.

14. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'd love to see some city formers

15. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Would anyone be able to afford the 3rd party prices for a city former?

Some can barely afford to pay over $350 for 3rd party combiners.

16. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like the main combiners done first, the ones that basically appeared in the UK Marvel Comics and the orignal Cartoon run before it turned over to the Japanese.

Then after that, I'd want the City Formers.The only thing I'm sure of there is I'd like a modren Fort Max and Scorp on the same scale close to the size of the orignal Fort Max toy and then the others smaller than them. Omega Supreme on scale with Herc would be great!

They'd be huge, take up a load of space, but I can still see them happly fitting into my collection.

17. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

id like some city formers.

omega supreme, metroplex, tripticon for sure. id probably have to pass if they were over $200 though.

18. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Combiners. Citybots always look like a robot laying down with limbs in odd positions to me.

19. originaljk

originaljk Technobot

I think anyone can do a $300 city-former if you just save for it over time. I'm sure there will be a minimum 6 month window if not 1 year from proto-photo to in-hand for a 3rd party city-former. So its doable. As for size I'm still a cartoon scale nut so really even though a city-former should be HUGE compared to everything else, really their not bigger than all the other combiners due to mass shifting in cartoon. Just make'em all the same size as my MT and FP combiners. Omega first, then Metroplex, Tryticon, Scorponok then Maximus. Good times Alucard...good times.

20. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Combiners are several robots that all turn into one, they're funner