Do you prefer Mini-Cons or Legends as your modern tiny toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    They're about the same size and although Mini-Cons have an extra gimmick than Legends, Legends tend to be based on familar characters.

I prefer Legends myself.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Mini-cons. They don't have superior toys that are available in a larger class.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'd actually prefer mini-cons, since they at least somewhat provide something other than just being small toys that have much better larger versions.

I like where they're going with Cyberverse though.

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I like the Legends Cyberverse and the playset idea, good for display. I'm no huge Minicon fan, so I prefer Legends.

5. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Cyberverse/Legends > Minicons.
    Although I collect both, the C/L figures just have more presence. That, and I never liked the whole minicon gimmick.

6. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    This thread's given me an idea, buying some Legends/Cyberverse and repurposing them AS Minicons.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Minicons. Nothing like seeing Classics Trailbreaker on the shelf in Legends size and wondering where the fuck the real version is. (as in deluxe/voyager)

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess Minicons for me, but I like them both in an 'apples and oranges' kind of way, as there's a pretty different general philosophy behind each.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Minicons.

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QFT. I was going to buy Legends Cosmos and Brawn from the second-hand market since I missed them, but then I realized they're too small and look way out of place.

Only one I don't mind is Wheelie so he can ride on Deluxe Classics Grimlock.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    That is exactly where my Wheelie is. lol

My other guys (bb, bc, cosmos and brawn) are displayed but like Warpath, once the deluxe comes out they lose collection display status.

I really wished that the igear and mt minibots were at least scout sized but they too failed by going legends.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Personally, I kinda like Mini-cons more, myself. The fact they were their own unique characters instead of just being another Starscream or Bumblebee or whoever else is already well known really made them special in their own right.

I'd really like to see some of the older Armada-era mini-cons get redesigned, as with today's toy technology those guys could have a seriously greater improvement in the articulation department. Even the old Street Speed mini-cons, whose "high level of poseability!" were their team's big selling point in lieu of combining into some superweapon.

13. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mini-cons with Legends playsets :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and I don't have a pic, but the Space Mini-con Team looks great with Ratchet's Lunar Crawler!

14. AMG

AMG Old School

I like Legends/Cyberverse more.

15. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Minicons way more. Most of what legends have now (playsets, better design" can be added to new Minicons. Plus, they're more unique then being down sized versions of characters eith bigger figures out.

16. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I'll go with legends on this one, the RTS assortment really convinced me of how cool they could be.

But why not make new legends characters that can powerlink to the larger toys. I'd prefer to see more original characters get some love in this line.

As for the Minibots at Legends size? Works perfect for me, they were mini to begin with. I know the vehicles don't scale up, but I use imagination and cramped shelves to justify it. Actually, thinking about it, maybe commander class would suit better.

17. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well played sir. Honestly I think that's a great idea.

I'm somewhat surprised by all the Minicon love... but then again, so was Has/Tak, which was why they had limited interaction with minicons in the Energon/Cybertron toylines.

Personally... I like Legends far better. Neat little figures, kinda posable in some cases. RTS Legends Prime, Megs, and Starscream are very good.

Minicons require too much of a stretch (by modern toy standards) to see bot modes as they're intended. I mean a few aren't so bad... but there's some that are just awful. (An orange cat predacon with the cat body as limbs) Also their gimmick to latch on to bots was mostly doofy. Only exception is when they had some sort of weaponized form (Ex: Vector Prime's Safeguard doubled as a rifle.)

18. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Legends for me, some of them are pretty cool, those that have knee-joints and ball-jointed legs and arms at least. G1 Megatron and Prowl FTW!

Minicons look weird mostly. The newer 'targetmaster'-looking ones fom PCC are pretty cool though (and have decent posability)
    I also like the old beast minicons a little bit, the three dinosaur-era dudes and the three modern predators, but that is mostly for their cool little beast modes, the robot modes sucks (especially the tiger). The Carnosaur/T-rex is pretty cool in bot mode though.

So overall I prefer legends but old G1 Micromasters are way cooler (imo).

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like Mini-cons, especially the Saber teams and Perceptor combiner. They're fun, quirky, and a lot more tempting/addictive than they should be.

I do like Legends, and the integration of bases with Cyberverse is really cool...criticizing them feels like nitpicking (if it's cool, I don't care what size it is), but I guess Mini-cons do have the added touch of having a logical reason for being small compared to Legends class, which are just small to offer some of the name characters at a cheaper price class.

20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Legends