Do you prefer 2007's or 2009's?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vanylapep, Jun 23, 2009.

?

Which movie do you prefer?

1. 2007 (Tranformers)

30 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. 2009 (Revenge of the Fallen)

47 vote(s)
    59.5%
  3. I am not planning on seeing either.

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. vanylapep

vanylapep Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

So finally, which one do you prefer, TF or ROTF?

PS: I know it's early, but some people have already seen the movies.

2. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I'll tell you tomorrow

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    07 all the way, better story with less transformers but you got to know them better

4. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

Ill come back and vote tomorrow. and edit in a comment. more than likely ROTF basically because more robots, more dialogue, better CGI . . . . (but they ruined Soundwave = (

5. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Well-Hated Member

News Credits:
    The Action scenes are much better, and easier to makeout than the first movie. Though ROTF does seem very rushed, full of plot holes and mistakes, and the story wasn`t really very well thought out.

But we watch it for the Action right!

6. Jaymaner19

Jaymaner19 Member

wtf that didn't make any sense .have you seen the new one ???
    i did and it had a better story and MORE transformer and you got to know them better

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are you 5?
    Its my opinion it doesnt have to make sense to you

But Of course I've seen it. This movie did not have a better story it just had more things going on. It suffers from lame plot devices like Jetfire pulling a space bridge out of his ass just so the could move the story to egypt. The autobots spend most of there time sitting there asses in an airport waiting for stuff to do.

Ratchet, and Ironhide get severely shortchanged in this movie. There barely in it. The new autobots with the exception of the twins, jetfire, and wheelie get little screen time and have no real personalities at all. You have no idea what Sideswipe, jolt, Arcee, or any of the decepticons are like because the have no character in the movie.

8. SkiZoR

SkiZoR Active Member

09 had potencial to be way better , it only improved im some areas , so it isn't that far off from the 07 movie

9. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

yep i feel the same way.........just seems like a mish mash of scenes thrown togeather really quickly.
    07 had a better story more of a build up to megatron melting things looked pretty hopeless.
    09 started off with a bang then prime died and after megatron/ss on the building and the fallen threatning the world it just died rite off.

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I think I liked most of the set pieces and dialogue better in the new movie.

But no doubt about it, the first one was a lot more cohesive as a whole.

11. vanylapep

vanylapep Well-Known Member

So, how was ROTF?

12. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

If i had to pick between two car wrecks the first movie was easily better because of the intro's and the blackout scene in the beginnning was just well done. Barricade was also a win win.

however the crescendo killed that movie.

the 2009 movie while just as visually appealing was rediculous and plain stupid in all of its concepts. It felt more than rushed it felt unimportant . As if the director pretty much has taken up issue with its own fanbase and gives them a giant middle finger.

The fact that devastator pretty much teabags the audience is Michael Bay telling you what he thinks of the zealotous following Transformers get. He could crap on a piece of paper slap 4 wheels on it and call it wheeljack and there will be groups that think he is the best director ever. THANKS FOR THE NOD

lolol

13. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Hard to say because I like both. ROTF wins because it has what I wanted which was MORE robots.

14. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

ROTF had a stronger robot presence throughout, which I liked.

I think ROTF was another step in the right direction, with the improvements outweighing the problems. We got more robot time, but I hope he slows down just a bit for TF3 so we can actually care about the characters.

15. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I appreciate Prime and the Megatron/Starscream dynamic a lot more this time around, but I think the focus was much better in TF1. It also helps that there were fewer Autobots. I also think the CGI was more polished in the first. It looked rushed and unfinished in certain parts of ROTF.

16. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only index which I can appreciate the movies on is the robot action sequences. Ergo, ROTF is far more appealing to me.

17. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Being a Michael Bay and Transformers G1 fan, I find myself very surprised to say that the Transformers 2007 movie is better than the second one.

Maybe as you grow older, you become a smarter audience and dumb action is not the only thing you want.

The first one had this charm and innocence to it. And I felt it had the right amount of action. And you got to see Autobots doing teamwork and a super badassed fight scene with Prime and Bonecrusher.

18. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Having just watched it, I would prefer the 2009 version.

It may be a jumbled mess at times, but it awed me throughout.

19. JB1323

JB1323 Member

I've been a reader of the board for quite awhile, but decided to become a poster after seeing ROTF this morning. I haven't been this excited for a movie since Star Wars Episode III. So my wife was a trooper and went with me today.

I really did like it, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed. My wife loved the first one, and on the drive back we discussed the movie. The pluses were obvious, more action, more robots.

But those were also some of the drawbacks. It did seem a little rushed, and there was more action and more robots, but less characterization. It was a long movie, but my wife was lost and I would have been too without the spoilers, so some more exposition might have been good.

It's still a very good movie, but it could have been more. I'll still see it 5 times though. The first had that story that involved everyone, and this felt a little rushed. Maybe waiting until 2012 will be good, allow a good story to develop.

20. aeligature

aeligature aka zynordar TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Where's the option for 1986? OOHHHHHH