Do you Like the idea of Transformers having genders or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by eagc7, Feb 11, 2010.

?

?

1. Yes i like the idea

65.3%
  2. NO WAY, i hate the idea of the tf having genders

6.1%
  3. Who cares?

20.4%
  4. I dotn care of the genders

8.2%
  1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Since the second season of the g1 tf serie fembots were introduced and some people like the idea of the tf having genders but others dosent, so i amde this for ask you if you think the idea is bad or good, for me, i like the idea of the tf having genders

2. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I don't care. I had just assumed that the Transformers took the gender idea from the body type of another life form. It's not like their genders really mattered anyway.

3. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Doesn't bother me one way or the other.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I like it. I think it enriches the fiction.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

What Nachtsider said.

6. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I like it. As long as they don't make the transformers into sexual beings that is.
    But used as a way to mimic and integrate into organic species sociaties or similar I like it.

Oyeah and Moonracer is totally hawt.

7. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

the way arcee was handled in IDW's mainline comics was pretty interestingly twisted. i'm for it, whether it's a difference between bots that's ignored or explicitly dealt with

8. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I like them having genders it make the charaters more real and easier to follow to me. It also in eriches the story line I think

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like 'em having genders, but on reflection, I probably should have voted "who cares?" because while I like the idea, I don't like it when they try to EXPLAIN it, because it doesn't need to be explained.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:

I sir beg to differ.....it is Firestar whom is most hot, even the tfwiki says she has the finest ass of all TF females

[​IMG]

I'm inclined to agree.

11. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I honestly don't care about TF genders.

12. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I voted "yes". Arcee and the other fembots would not be interesting to me if they were genderless...

13. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

As in "The Ultimate Fembot Thread" I like it, but see it more as an artifact of biological beings seeing distinctions that, while real, aren't "actually" gender per se.

So while all humans see Arcee as "female", she's really no moreso than Springer is "male".

- Coeloptera

14. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

I wish they'd use it to do some good storytelling. Animated was the best on that so far.

15. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    There are no genders in Transformers. At most there's merely humanized pronouns. It's not gender as in he's a male with male parts and she's a female with female parts. That would imply actual gender. No genitalia exists, and no genders exist. Despite the pronouns of "him" or "her" used so we're not constantly hearing or reading "it" and "that", and not letting the fan term "fembots" imply more than a label of living feminine machines, there are absolutely no genders in the Cybertronian folds. Not as we'd identify them. A fembot isn't a woman in the sense of the term we'd use. What they have are a feminine chassis design. I think it more like, since Beta was the first ever female by all TF continuity accounts, that it was during the Quintesson's occupation of Cybertron (be that the they occupied long after Cybertron's and the Cybertronian's initial creation, or that they were the ones who created it, depending on your view) that "female" programming and feminine chassis design were introduced to the mass production of the cybernetic species. Makes sense. If the TFs were being built for servitude and military war machines it would stand to reason some buyers in the galaxy/universe of consumers out there might want such designs. I'd also take it back to an origin issue. If Primus, the being of life, was their creator, surely he'd be aware of such things, yes? It's more a personality thing than a "gender" for reproduction. Which, by the way, they do do. Given they can bud into new beings and we've seen them combine, just take it a step further. Think the Changling's linking ability between two semi-liquefying TFs, whatever "genders", to produce a unique "offspring". Could explain "families" as well. Not so much a sex thing which is the main thing diehard fans against genders seen so avid about, but mere reproduction. Overthink much? It's what we do, yeah? Anyhoo, regardless of preference on whether or not fembots are valid, they exist in all forms of TF continuity. Presence? Check. Acceptance of it? Mark that box as you see fit, it doesn't change the issue. My two cents anyway.

16. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

i'm cool with it and i think most fans are.

17. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Yes, because while they are of course alien robots, it makes them more easy to relate to, which in turn helps story telling.

18. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

I don't really care either way, it doesn't bug me to have genders included with a series, but I don't feel like it really adds anything either.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    General agreement here. I like it fine, but don't much care for writers trying to detail the whys and wherefores, though that's mainly because most attempts so far to do so have been pretty hamfisted.

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Exactly.