Do you like how well they design shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by dragonboy, May 4, 2011.

1. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

...What?

First:
    - You haven't seen the movie, hell, we don't even know whose voice is Shockwave.

Second:
    - Ironhide still a badass cowboy [well, I would rather say badass psychopath, but whataver], what do you have against the British?

Have you watched these movies, I mean, AT ALL? Or you're just trying to troll me?

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Where do you get "I have something against the British" out of that?

3. Overlord Balder

I like to create storms in a glass of water, it's somewhat fun.

4. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

My opinion of the CG design for him is just amazing. It does have a creepy look to him especially in the torso and head regions. The toy also looks good, but i don't think it gives off the same creepy vibe as the CG render.

5. Grimlocksmash

Grimlocksmash Active Member

Though I usually don't care much for the movie designs of the transformers, I think shockwave design actual look impressive.

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    This design is amazing. At first glance does he look like a "thinking" type of robot? No. He looks like chassis-ripping monster. This would be good for the general audience who I'm sure will underestimate this character.

7. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Hey most of the movie designs have dissapointed me so far but this one is hard to say that it does at all. My two favorite shockwaves are wrapped up into one head design with G1 and animated. the top has a horizontal portion G1 and the bottom goes veritical animated.

I dont like the ribs look would have preferred the chest visor or something more interesting. other than that he is fine.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm not holding out much hope for him in the film because the Decepticons just don't come across as very good movie villains. They can kind of look all big and bad when they first show up but then either don't do anything else cool or end up too easy to defeat. Devastator looked cool in the trailers only to be a big metal disappoint.

But the Shockwave toy is just different enough with the extra purple that he's kind of the movie character and not the movie character at the same time. So even if movie Shockwave gets killed by Sam's granny because she's got a stick with a nail in it at least the toy can remain cool.

9. Foster

News Credits:
    :lol  A warrior STILL!

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the movie design which is why I hate his ugly purple hulk toy.

11. WeX_nFx

WeX_nFx ArtDesign TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I..I just mmm. I love your ricky pic btw foster, lol everytime i see it. I think whats happening here is this movies are more or less a foundation for the general public. So really if these movies are kinda good and kinda bad, they can take what works in a couple of years (SPIDERMAN AND X-MEN) and go back and make a more faithful adaptation later.

Its nothing against any accent or country, its that you cant take a character inspired by the likes of John Wayne and turn him into a war ravaged british gun inthusiast.. I don't know that im not the only person who cringes hearing proppa english ironhide; but I damn sure dont feel like im alone. Now if he was Kup that would of been a good character choice, i can see that working all day long...Kups even older and more experianced than Ironhide. I'm just not going to support reinventing the wheel so everyone can get a fresh perspective for entertainments sake.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  12. Foster

News Credits:
    Are you 'aving a laff?

(Is 'e 'aving a laff?)

13. Overlord Balder

I was trying to troll you, don't worry.
    But your comment on Ironhide makes ABSOLUTELY no sense, jsut because he has a british accent he is not a badass cowboy anymore? But he acts EXACTLY like a badass cowboy! [a modern cowboy, but still].

It's like those people who say "Oh wait, Starscream doesn't have a Null-Ray Gun...MY CHILDHOOD HAS BEEN RAPED!"

Also, "faithful" is a bad term on Transformers fiction, we have a shitload of different versions, "Faithful to what?" is the problem [Armada, G1, Cybertron, Energon, Animated, Prime, Comics etcetera].

Besides, you gotta have some creativity, I would hate if they just copy and paste stuff from GEEWUN to make GEEWUNNERS happy.

Gotta have both man, gotta have both!

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The only logical choice for Kup would have been R. Lee Ermey doing the voice. He's done some really great voice work in several cartoon series so he'd be the perfect choice for movie Kup.