Do you like both RiD15 and PRIME, just one, or neither?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by LegoTFGuy, May 5, 2017.

?

RiD15, PRIME, Both, or neither?

1. I like both PRIME and RiD15

2. I like PRIME but not RiD15

3. I like RiD15 but not PRIME

4. I like neither of them

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DominoParadox

DominoParadox Moltenstorm the destroyer

Twitter:
    I like them both but RID (2015) is barely good

2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    I like Prime. Gave RiD15 a few episodes to warm up to but never really caught traction to it. Happy to see the Aligned Universe expand but I'd almost rather make up my own stories than follow the cartoon.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like both PRIME and RiD15

4. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stopped paying attention to any of the Transformers media after Prime and the lowering quality of the IDW books. I've checked out RID15 from time to time and have always been disappointed by how juvenile it was. It's basically the same target demo as Rescue Bots, but with a Decepticon of the Week Monster.

• Like Like x 1
  5. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I like them both. But while I really enjoyed Prime, RID15 has been more hit and miss with me. Some elements I don't care for like the sudden change in tone (don't get me wrong, a little lightheartedness is ok but doesn't feel right jumping completely from one end of the spectrum suddenly to the other) or some of the Decepticon designs.

However, some of the episodes have been fun and I like how Prime is still there but not prominent. Also, thought I'd hate Grimlock but he's become one of my favorites. Not to mention, Brother Gunther has also become one of my top favorite humans in any TF Mythos. One thing the show needs though is more Ratchet. :D 

6. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Prime over Rid15.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

I like both. Prime was great and Rid2015 is okay.

8. Venixion

Venixion So-Cal Girl

News Credits:
    I like both.

9. Quicken2k

Quicken2k Well-Known Member

I like both, I admit, though it took me some time to get used to RID's animation style and kid friendly stories. I mean, admit it, Prime had great CGI.

10. TheMadScientist

TheMadScientist Well-Known Member

I definitely like Prime better, I'd probably put it as the best TF series of them all even if it did take me a while to get used to Miko. I mean, I get it, she was supposed to be a mishmash of all the qualities (for better or worse) of the usual Transformers fan but it's not like she was like Jade from Jackie Chan Adventures who had enough good things going for her to actually be a pretty good character. All in all, I think they did really good by the characters even if they did have bad ways of knocking off characters that they had clearly given up on: Breakdown, Airachnid, Silas & MECH, those kind of characters. They did a great job with the animation, character expressions, and even though some may have not liked this incarnation of Prime a lot; to me, he came off like Batman at a number of points, mainly during those times he had to seriously consider how he balanced ends and means.
    The story behind its creation also gets points from me. It was nice to see Kurtzman and Orci leave Bay behind after he screwed over theirs and Kruger's script for TF2. They didn't stick around as Bay's bitches like Kruger did, they put themselves in charge of their own TF series, and they ended up making one that rivals if not is better than the 1984 series!

11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I don't know about calling it great: its certainly fluid but the world it created always seemed empty and lifeless.

12. darkus Maximus34

darkus Maximus34 One shall DIE,one shall FLY

i like prime only

rid isn't as bad as energon or cw but it's just....cringy and keep repeating it selt over and over again
    every episode has the same plot

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Really, that's more of problem with what was being animated, not the animation itself. If the people behind the show had been more willing to reuse CGI models and been smarter in addressing the lack of people around in the story, the show wouldn't have had the problem, while also having the same animation. That said, the animation does lend itself easily to being misused, like Prime did.