Do You Like AHM? Yes, No, or Jury Still Out

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lord Shockwave, Dec 18, 2008.

?

Do You Like All Hail Megatron?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    37.3%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Jury Still Out

43 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. Lord Shockwave

Lord Shockwave Well-Known Member

Vote.

2. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

No.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I personaly think it's neat. True, Megsy still needs to get the whole "total planet conquering" idea right, but we are getting more favorites back. Oh, and let's not froget that everybody seems to be using their Universe 2.0 bodies now, too.

4. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No offense LS, but I don't think we need another thread to discuss AHM in... We're already almost 20 pages in on the Transformers IDWverse discussion, and everyone there's been pretty vocal on their like/dislike of the series.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Saw this thread on the IDW boards.

I voted jury still out, but only because its not complete, and its not even halfway done to boot.

However, I have NOT enjoyed the story so far at all. Its got a nice setup, but Shane's execution drags it all out over single issues way too much.

The art is bliss though.

6. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it, it may be moving at the speed of molasses in an iglo but it's got some great art & coloring and the Decepticons winnign & an Autobot traitor is an interesting concept, I just wish it would tie in to Furman's work better(Hopefully not at the cost of Maximum Dinobots story being altered to make it fit)

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

No. The fact that the Autobot empire, which according to IDW is galaxy wide, is taken out in a year is lame and a stupid plot device and I´m not keen on the Decepticons wining too.

8. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    No. Had it been it's own thing, like originally rumoured, i may like it...

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. I love that I can understand exactly what is going on. I felt the opposite about Furman's last arc.

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    That's a tough question. By itself, a fair amount, though it badly needs to pick up the pace. Taken with the whole IDW verse, no, though I still have a little bit of hope that it may turn out alright in the end.

Honestly, though, at this point the only reason I'm continuing to buy the comic is so that I'm not out of the loop when AHM ends. And there's still the occasional awesome part, I just have a hard time purposefully ignoring everything else in the IDW-verse so far.

11. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

No.
    I think it's poorly written, tacky crap.

Art's nice though.

12. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jury's out, leaning towards no. While I understand that "all will be revealed in time", surely there's enough to reveal such that it could be spread over the issues a bit more. Pace has been a draaaag so far, and I still don't feel like I'm reading a book that has much of anything to do with the last couple years of comic continuity. Pretty art and snappy dialogue at times, though.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooOOoOo!

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No sir, I don't like it. They appear to have thrown out everything that Furman was working on, in favour of a very badly written series. The art is nice, though.

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Had to vote no -despite the fantastic artwork.

Just too many panels of me going "How did (insert continuity break)" and it killed my internal kitten to see IDW proudly displaying The Matrix.
    I thought we had moved on.

16. Loscos

Loscos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jury Still Out.

Its got the next issue to try and inject some decent pacing into itself or im just gunna wait for the TPB, if it turns out to be good.

17. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I think its still too early to tell, but all signs point to yes.

18. Lord Shockwave

Lord Shockwave Well-Known Member

Not asking for a discussion.

Just a vote.

19. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fair enough... Jury's still out for me; I'm gonna wait for the TPB befor emaking any judgements on story. But Artwork is very well done, I have nothing but praise on that side.

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I'm torn, on the one hand what I've read so far seems to be ok and could probably tie into Dreamwave's G1verse with a little shoehorning a lot better then the IDW G1verse simply because elements like The Matrix already existed there and Prime was taken out back during War and Peace and they never got the chance to bring him back in.

On the other hand I think I'm getting a little bit G1 Cartooned out when it comes to the Comics. Now if Hasbro forced them to take a more Toyline integrated route because they wanted the Classicverse figures to be represented and showcased to score some more buyers I can really understand how that could have hurt what IDW wanted. But then again IDW seems to be of the mind that poor sales of Furman's gradiose story with elements of genuine Sci-Fi stuff translates to 'Fans just want to see G1esque elements from the glory days of the 80's' and in my personal opinion I think that logic is flawed. The eighties material is good as it stands and can really be enjoyable, but in the long run if you don't move past the same old plot elements that made up the vast majority of the old cartoon and focus more on telling good captivating story minus inconsistent plot elements that can drive some of us fans crazy because we love to nitpick every single detail then what is the point of making a Transformers comic book that just rehashes what other writers put their efforts in years before? If you get where I'm coming from, Transformers has always been about change, fail to change with the times and keep your characters fresh and interesting then you run the risk of becoming a pork chop dinner with potatoes on the side. (For me I have long enjoyed Pork Chops, but lately I've grown sick and tired of them because I've eaten them for the past fifteen to twenty three years of my life and I just want more variety in my meals. I want the extra flair the master chefs can bring in to a meal. Ya know?)