Do you keep the packaging, if so which bits?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kirk_a, Sep 30, 2008.

1. kirk_a

kirk_a NAIL

Ebay:
    i've been going through my back log of carded/boxed tf's, trying to work out which bits of the packaging are worth keeping.
    pretty much have kept all the the carded backings, but not to sure for the boxed ones.

yeah i'm a hoarder and am loathed to chuck anything....just incase....

2. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:

I keep all of the card backs as well as the instructions. I never know when I might REALLY be hurting for money so it helps if I can sell a loose fig 100% complete.

As far as the boxes for leaders and voyagers go, I cut the back panel off so I can keep the bio as well as the rankings on the back.

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I only keep card backs and any good looking art from boxes/packages. Things like the velcro flip things on classics and the head-shot inserts from movie figures. I Used to keep everything, but I decided it was too much wasted space for absolutely no use.

4. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All of it, especially with the newer packaging that only requires you to cut the bubble at the top to open.

5. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't keep any of the packaging. I rip open the boxes like I did when I was a kid and toss it in the trash keeping only the toy and instructions. Besides I don't have the space to keep a bunch of empty boxes.

6. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I used to keep *everything* - all boxes, every bubble (did the old "cut 3 sides" trick), all of it. One day I just woke up and said "this is pathetic" and cut off every bubble and took out every box insert and chucked 'em all out. Feel much better now.

7. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    I keep everything nowadays (never used to until towards the end of Cybertron). Dunno why, I just do.

8. honcho

honcho It's been a while.

Ebay:
    I keep boxes for Voyagers and up. As for Deluxes and Basics, I keep the back cards and name card packaging but ditch the bubbles.

I might flatten my bigger boxes or throw them out altogether. I'd have more room, which I need really bad, since my TFs are with all my other collectibles.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

What he said.

10. simplygriff

simplygriff µ - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    I only keep instructions and inserts for current American figures no matter the size. I keep G1 boxes and Japanese packaging.
    -G

11. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only keep vintage packaging... Classics 2.0 bubbles are just not something I have room to store.

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The only packaging I kept was for the Classics Soundwave reissue, minus the plastic.

13. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

Origionally i kept the cardbacks and the voyager boxes, nothing inside. Now i've been keeping everything. When i move i can transport them easier.

14. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    well, if ur gonna keep ur packages, u should keep everything...everything thats inside the box..i dont bother with carded figures so i chuck it all out :D  ive been keepign all my voyager/ultra and leader class figure boxes carefully, with all the bits inside, and i have all my instructions stacked up separately...the first cards i kept are the henkei seekers which i got today..as exclusives, theyre valuable and i want those cards...though theyre actually like boxes themselves, kinda

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I keep the instructions and the card backs of deluxes and scout size figs....only the instructions for the larger toys though if the box is really nice like for a Japanese release or Masterpiece toy I'll definitely keep it around. I used to save everything and it just takes up way too much space.

16. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

I used to chuck the boxes/carded backs away. As of right now, I am keeping the boxes for all figures. I still toss the carded backs away except for the Classics line. I figure that I should keep the boxes because I can used them for packing my TFs when moving around. It would be much easier moving them than by chucking them into a bin and hoping nothing gets crushed. Also, like others have stated, they can be used for when selling TFs.

17. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    I keep everything. EVER-Y-THING! :drunk 

18. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep the instructions and only save the box for certain figures like Masterpiece or reissues.

19. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I keep the back card and the inserts with the bot names and of course the instructions. and stuff with Voyagers or bigger (I don't have many voyagers or bigger lol) I keep those whole as I keep all the instructions in my Blackout/Scorponok 2 pack box (I know its weird but its the only way ive found to keep em safe)

20. BHB

BHB Well-Known Member

I keep the card baxks of deluxes and cut out the backs of voyagers but may just recycle them all.