Do you keep any of your TFs in alt mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bumblejazz, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I usually keep mine in robot mode mode, though Battle Begins Prime has been in alt mode for 2 months for some reason. Movie Leader Prime usually stays in alt mode, but that's because he can barely fit on my shelf in robot mode.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Simple answer: No.

Why? They're Transformers. I transform them. If I wanted cars on my shelf, I'd put them over next to my Hot Wheels.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i used to have them all in alt mode, that way if they gathered dust, it would be easy as pie to clean off, as compared to digging into every knook and cranny to clean him off.

though now most are in bot mode, i keep a few in Alt mode to mix it up. only one i keep in alt mode nearly all the time is Cybertron Thhundercracker cause

a) his Robot mode is floppy
    b) i love his alt mode
    c) i dont transform him cause his tail fin broke
    d) he hangs from the ceiling next to my display so its like hes really flying

4. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I was just looking at one of my shelves, and I noticed that movie Overcast is in alt mode. I have no memory of transforming him.

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Classics/Universe guys I have are in robot mode mostly to give City Commander (who you really can't display in anything other than robot mode) company. I leave MA-21 and MP-04 in alt. mode for fear of them falling over and breaking a hip or something. Anyone in storage is left in alt. mode as well.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    This, except for the "used to" part. There's only a few I keep in robot mode, namely the ones that have really odd-looking alt modes, like Cybertron Menasor and Movie Megatron.

I also keep them in vehicle/beast mode for stability purposes. I don't want to accidentally bump the cabinets once and have them all cascade downwards from a domino effect.

7. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    some times

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Oh, yeah. I keep Universe Cheetor in beast mode.

Those display cases are cool.

9. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

I used to have all my Henkei Autobot cars in their alt modes to display, just because I thought it looked cool having them all arranged like they were "rolling out" after Prime. Also, it made a nice contrast with having the Decepticons on the shelf above in robot mode. But I just transformed them all to robot mode the other day... oh well. :p 

I guess I like to rotate what mode my displayed toys are in.

Oh and I keep Encore Ironhide and Ratchet in alt mode mostly, for a fairly obvious reason, lol.

10. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I keep most of mine in robot mode, for easy fiddling and posing, but mostly due to space restraints. You can save a lot of horizontal room by having them in robot mode.

11. Vampyr

Vampyr Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    most of mines are in alt modes, exept the shockwaves and those i prefer in robot mode.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    this is why i stopped storing them all in Alt mode

13. scarnivac

scarnivac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    at the moment all my alternators & binaltechs are in alt-mode. and 2 (of 3) goldbugs.
    and of course the ones that are MIB

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

The only ones I usually keep in alt mode are...

RID Side Burn (Hot Rod powered up deco w/ viper markings)- he's the worst condition of all my TF's, plus his right foot is missing so he can't stand in bot mode. I like him better in car mode anyways.

Cybertron Armorhide (neon blue repaint of Armada Ransack)- I already own Ransack, plus Armorhide has the 'Con symbol on the truck hood visible only in car mode.

Birthday cake Prime/"Cakeimus Prime"- He can't stand for beans, plus he also acts as a display stand for my energon Jetstorm (the latter is missing his legs and if cake prime's legs are left extended you can fit the saber port on Jetstorm in the resulting hole.)

15. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    My TFs all switch between robot and alt modes every once in a while. I find myself Transforming one, then I end up transforming them all....of course I'm at about 60 TFs right now, it's time I stop doing that. :) 

16. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    it changes every couple days. when i get bored i decide to get a whole series and transform them from whatever mode they are in to the other. and if i do them all at one time it takes at least four hours. those are fun nights.

17. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Most is robot mode... except most of the Grimlocks and the other Dinobots.

MP Megatron is also in alt mode with that extra aftermarket part to add to it as a rifle.

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep everything in robot mode, for space reasons along with the fact that I prefer their robot modes. Plus the tought of transforming the Movie Leaders figures into their alt. modes scares the hell out of me (I'm so glad those and the Best Buy Ratchet I got came in robot mode). The only ones I'm tempted to change back into robot mode every so often are the G1 reissues I have.

If I were filthy rich, I'd buy three of everything: one to keep in the box, one to display in alt. mode, and one to display in robot mode. Sadly, I'm not filthy rich yet. But I'll get there, damn it!

19. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    90% of my stuff stays in bot mode - alts, and what I kept from the various generations, the 10% - movie and universe lines get changed frequently :D 

20. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    My alts stay in alt mode most of the time.