Do you 'hide' figures in stores?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dinobot747, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Have you ever been at your local store, looking for new TF's to add to your collection, and you find several awesome figures, but you can't afford all of them? What do you do? Grudgingly put it back on the shelf? Or do the logical thing and hide them behind something else, or at the other end of the store, so that you can come back for them later?

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Never had to resort to that when it comes to TFs. They're usually always around long enough for me to get whatever I couldn't the next time I went.

I have with other lines though if i knew I'd probably never see the figure again for a while. That's how I got DCUC Harley Quinn.

3. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I wish I had done it with PCC Leadfoot. I saw him once--ONCE--at my Wal-Mart, and never again since.

4. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've never hid anything. If i don't have enough money, than that would not be fair to the next collector who does. I recently had no money and saw that a local Ross had one Hiss and one Rage left (First ones i've seen at a Ross). I was sad, but i had to leave them on the shelf (the proper one, mind you, not the housewares or shoes section). I came back a couple of days later and found both were still there. I chose the Rage. I have unintentionally benefited from people who hid rarer figures, but that's because i tend to search the whole toy aisle, even under the shelves.

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, as a retail store employee (Target), I feel a certain responsibility to come on here and say: if you're going to hide a figure, don't put it under the shelf. Yeah, it's a good hiding place, but I can't tell you how many figures I and my cohorts have pulled out from under there. Figures covered with dust and grime, figures that got clearanced out long ago. Figures ruined because they get stuck to the floor from the wax used by the cleaning crews to clean the floors. These figures don't go back to the pegs, they go to the salvage department. It's no place for toys. It's no place for anything.

6. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Not even to the Island of Misfit Toys?

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    Noobs! Everybody knows youre supposed to hide em in the barbie aisle.

8. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I was considering hiding a Darkmount/Straxus because it was the only one left, but I changed my mind, feeling a bit guilty.

I'm pretty sure someone tried to hide RTS Jazz at my local Walgreens, because I found him-the only one in the store-buried behind a wall of Turbo Tracks figures.

9. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah what Ron Jeremy said^

10. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I have hidden figures behind other figures but nothing extreme.

11. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

I don't recall ever hiding a figure, but I have found some that were hidden (and snatched those suckers up). That's how I got Walmart's MP Starscream. He was hidden on the top shelf in the purses section (was told to look there by the person that hid him because he couldn't afford him). Never saw another one in the store.

12. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    In my local sainsburys, I hid the last HFTD hailstorm behind a plastic 'trough' (used for Bakugan toys, or something) the day before the half price toy sale. They only had tuner skids and elita 1.

Went back the next day after work and CHAOS had swept through the sainsburys toy aisle! They'd restocked that day, and there wasn't much left, but Hailstorm was still hidden away. I nabbed him, along with the ONLY battle blades prime that had been hidden by someone at the back of the bottom shelf. Yoink.

13. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No i just buy the figure and dont open it untill next week

14. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I have done it in the past, but it has been at least 5 years if not several more. I'm still poor, but not like I was in college:) 

15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. I have a thing called a credit card so there isn't a time that I'm in a store, see something I want & don't have $$. BTW, why do people even go to stores if they don't have $$. I've read posts of people going without their wallet. WTF?

The closest I've come to 'hiding' a figure is putting it back on the pegs near the back of the peg. Like somehow, noone will find it since there are 5-6 figures in front. This was if a friend wants it and will be in the store later that day. Otherwise, I just buy it and he pays me back.

16. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'll hide figures for other collectors, but never for myself.

17. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

When I was younger, I did hide stuff at times.

When I became an adult, I just used my credit card.

Let's face it. If you can afford to come back and buy the toy in a few days, you can afford to charge it and just pay the bill at the end of the month.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nope, i usually don't go in without my bank card, i refuse to put tfs on my credit card, and if there is a figure i want i have cash to get it

19. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Credit Card FTW.

20. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    If a figure is new or rare and somebody on the Ohio sightings forum needs it, I'll hide it for them.

I don't need to hide figures for myself, that's what the credit card is for.