Do you have your own continuity?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by megatronski, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squawktalk

Squawktalk Light cyclist

News Credits:
    I do. I like to include other stories like star wars and Iron Man etc...

But all of my story-lines do NOT include Beast wars or beast machines.

2. Triceradon

Triceradon Sunbow Delenda Est

Nothing in writing, I'm just daydreaming.

An elite Autobot Special Operations unit, commanded by Optimus Prime, crash-lands on a war-torn planet while in pursuit of the Decepticon starship Nemesis, with top Decepticon general, Megatron, on board.

The "war-torn planet" is an alternate reality version of Earth, 1996, wherein the Soviet Union is still in power and, together with the Communist forces of China and Cuba, at war with the United States and the forces of NATO. The Autobots crashland in the United States and thus adopt American military forms, whereas the Decepticons crash in a Soviet-occupied West Germany and adopt Soviet vehicular forms.

I've always thought it'd be interesting to see how the Transformers adapt to a world that is already at war. I'd think it'd add multiple layers to battles; Megatron (in disguise as a Soviet T-72) fighting Optimus Prime (in disguise as a Heavy Equipment Transport System truck w/trailer) in the middle of a warzone, with American and Soviet forces clashing around them, all while in disguise.

Cast:

Autobots

Optimus Prime-Heavy Equipment Transport System
    Ironhide-LAV-25
    Ratchet-Renault VAB Ambulance
    Prowl-MP Police Car
    Arcee-Desert Patrol Vehicle
    Hound-Humvee

Decepticons
    Megatron-T-72
    Starscream-Su-27 Flanker
    Soundwave-Mi-26 Halo
    Lugnut-Mi-24 Hind
    Swindle (On-loan Private Military Contractor)-GAZ-2975

Subsequent rescue operations by the respective Cybertronian military forces will introduce more characters as the story progresses.

Basically, it's me shoehorning Transformers into the World in Conflict series.:D 

3. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aceverse ^^

stylewise is movieish but with some animated and G1 thrown in there.

storywise: Prime and his crew get assasinated so Kup,grimlock and his crew search to find out who did it

release date: whenever I finish it

format: Blackberry novel

4. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I also plan on having Legends Class Brawn get so badly damaged at some point that Ratchet reformats him into ROTF Brawn

5. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    My continuity is an expansion of the Movieverse.

Movieverse has some great concepts and stories going on with it, and my continuity. However, a lot of it can't be explored in the movies. So, I pretty much made up my own continuity, using a lot of movie themes and concepts.

6. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I'm not a writer, but that's only because I don't know how to write. I really want to learn how to, but most tips basically boil down to put the pencil to the damn paper...

But I, who always love confusion, have a continuity that is relatively the same. Only the Space bridges move characters to another dimension (i.e. One idea I had was that an error in an Animated space bridge left some of the characters in Beast Wars). You know, like a bad fan fic :p 

7. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

I have my own continuity, I even have the story planned out from beginning to end.I might put it up on the 'net one day, but that's unconfirmed:D 

As for the altmodes?

AUTOBOTS

Optimus:I can't decided between a long-nose semi (With FLAMES:bay ) or a HEMTT.IF I decide on the semi, expect him to look like movie Prime, transformation and all that.

Ironhide:A black all-terrain pick-up truck.Looks like movie Ironhide with ankylosaurus features in robot mode.

Prowl:That designed-for-police-duty car(forgot name).Tiger features.

Bumblebee:A yellow compact car with black stripes, transforms like EJ Su Bumblebee.Hymenopteran features.

Hot Rod:I can't decide between a front-engined or mid-engined car:eek:  Combines G1 Hot Rod and Movie Jazz transformation.

Kup:40's-50's style pick-up truck.Look more "G1" than the others.Simplistic face showing little emotions.Carries a cane/rifle thing.

Elita-One: Probably a sleek-looking car with no sharp edges. tall,thin robot-mode.

Grimlock:Wants to be a dinosaur, but have to be some sort of tank.T.Rex features. Digitrade legs.

Springer:Triple changer-Apache helicopter and wheeled AFV.Main rotor becomes spinning blade.

JetFire:ER-2 research plane(U-2 variant).

Wheeljack:Some kind of custom car.Frankenstein's monster-style robot mode to show self-modifications.

Arcee:A red convertible.Tranformation is G1 Arcee without shoulder kibble.

Omega Supreme:Rocket launch pad.4-legs.Rocket drone becomes arm-mounted cannon in robot mode.

Decepticons:

Megatron: Probably an Abrams or a T-90.Maybe even a Nazi King Tiger.Turret becomes a movie-style MURDER ARM.

Starscream:F-22, looks like movie Starscream, except with a beakish face, 24/7 smirk (escept when he's pissed) and thruster heels like in G1.

Soundwave(known as Wavelength in my continuity): I can't decide between an aerial or ground alt-mode.Whatever he is, he'll transform into something with signal-interception and signal-jamming abilities.Igor-ish robot mode.

Strika:Transforms into a Stryker AFV.

Straxus:A-10 thunderbolt.Chest-cannon.Plane tail becomes ax.

Shockblast:Attack helicopter of some kind.Face like Animated Shockwave.

Cyclonus:That nothrop-grumman (spelling?) forward-swept wings plane.Seekeresque chest tranformation.

Scalpel:alt-mode is some sort of automonous surgical robot.Big glasses, 4-legs, german accent(LOL), mantis features.

Blitzwing:Nazi panzer tank and bomber.Also german.Wears goggles and helmet.Transforms like Animated/EJ Su Blizwing

Bludgeon(subject to name change):Japanese AFV with japanese accent."G1" looking similar to kup.Wears skull-like mask and samurai helmet.

Tidal Wave:Becomes an Aircraft Carrier.A chimaera of various sea-creatures.Crab legs, starfish for feet, whale tail, squids for arms, eels for shoulder cannons, and shark mouth for chest cannon.Controls drones disguised as F-18s.

Well, that covers most of the characters that I have fleshed out.I hope my ideas could get beyond my cerebrum:) 

8. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

9. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    Heh, I think just about everybody does. One reason fans will buy certain figures is just to see how they stand with other figures, either as rivals or allies. Even on a subconscious level, I think we all do it.

My continuity is based off a combination of various different G1's. I try to combine the original animated series with Comic book and Japanese continuity, then I throw in elements from newer shows and movies. Only a couple Movie figures would make it in the line, and only really as stand ins for G1 characters, and there'd be no animated figures.

Problem is continuity keeps changing as new figures come out. Now War for Cybertron is going to be replacing a couple of my Titanium figures as the pre-G1/War Within cast, which will cause me to change some of the characters in my early G1 and so on.

10. Goatboy

Goatboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, the same as others mine uses G1 as a starting point but it also borrows from IDW's infiltration arcs.
    Basically the Transformers have been active on Earth since the 1980's(based on the marvel G1 setup) and have been fighting a shadow war here ever since. First for resources and later for the many artefacts that keep turning up on Earth(in hyperspace Earth is "downstream" from Cybertron so a lot of stuff ends up drifting here). As contact with Cybertron was made by the Earth bound bots units and individuals from both sides have come and gone. The war has also expanded to other worlds like Nebulous where G1 Skoponok and Fortress maximus by way of there head master partners lead opposing Nebulon factions and the war is more overt.
    I mostly use the classics as there G1 selves but tweaked to fit my fan verse. Galvatron for example is a spark clone of Megatron created by Decepticon scientists to lead them when Megs was presumed dead after the Ark mission. As a result Galvatron hates Megatron and is always trying to prove that he is more than just a clone.
    The Autobot and Decepticon leaders from other lines are warlords/generals of varying power and influence. One day I'll get round to giving them all names:D  .The Primes are usually *series name*Convoy, and the faceplate is a homage to the legendary Optimus prime that has become something of a tradition over the years(much to Primes embarrassment).

11. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

A couple which we run RPs in, most of which are not serious at all (we had Teflotron in one game). I do have an idea for a story which has elements of every Transformers animated continuity in it and doesn't conflict with the existing canons. But I lack the consistency in my drawings to actually start drawing the comic. It's something I'm working towards though.

12. Vector Squidma

Vector Squidma Smalltime Casual

News Credits:
    I've been brainstorming something. Might end up trying my hand at fanfic writing at some point in the future. I mean I am minoring in creative writing so I need to flex my skills in some way. What I am thinking of would follow on the heels of the movie trilogy and essentially be a second trilogy that would work in elements of Animated and Beast Wars, all in the movie continuity.

Of course I have to wait and see where the third movie goes before I do anything, so we'll see.

13. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

HA Skids and Mudflap shall be cultured Gentlebots. Deluxe Skids and Mudflap (Skidmark and Mudstain, to borrow from Ripoff's Anonymas, are the ghetto thugs)

14. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Huh, I've been thinking over my 'continuity' idea and think it might be kinda cool to have the Maximals and Vehicons/Predacons pop in, where they come back in time from Cybertron's future to aid/seek the aid of the Autobots and Decepticons. To avoid confusion, though, I probably wouldn't use Optimus Primal or Beast Megatron, at least in their usual incarnations -- maybe rework Primal Prime and one of the Japanese BW Predacon leaders instead.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't. I recognize and respect the miriad of different continuities with different ideals and themes, but I understand they're all quite seperate unless where they're intended to intertwine.

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the remainder of this thread, the opinions expressed by SPLIT LIP are endorsed and approved by 03Mach1.

17. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I do. I have my own history of cybertron. The rise of Megatron. The start of the war.ect

18. LadyK

LadyK likes to lurk...

...meaning Sari is a figment of G1 Bumblebee's imagination? xD

But to answer the question posed in this thread: No, but I may or may not end up coming up with something one of these days - either my own (which would likely involve a smattering of original character fembots but focus mostly on Optimus Prime vs Megatron) continuity or a continuation of Animated.

19. Vla

Vla Well-Known Member

Mine is some off-camera additions to Armada-Energon universe, which becoming alternative story from some point in Armada storyline. This split is killing Megatron by Autobots, then they win when return to Cybertron, destroy Unicron (even without uniting with Decepticons). The Energon storyline never happen here, but Alpha Q, Kicker etc. is present in this alternate future too. The post-war story (after death of Unicron) focusing on Autobots getting rid of remnants of Decepticon army, especially of the ones who want to be the new Decepticon leader. The furtner story is foggy to me yet. Maybe the Cybertronians will face an alien invaders threat.

20. Tuxedo Mark

Tuxedo Mark Well-Known Member

I generally am not a big enough fan of most of the characters to find it worthwhile to create my own continuity.

I generally write G1 cartoon stories (as in I'm on my second one) and focus exclusively on the female characters. Male characters are added only as needed (and very briefly at that). For example, my current fanfic is a sprawling tale that takes place over the course of 21 years (1986-2007), and it focuses on Carly, Marissa, Jessica, Astoria, and Arcee. The males with the largest roles are Spike and Daniel (although I use them only as needed to advance Carly's story), followed by Mark and Gregory (to advance Jessica's story), with those male robot guys that you might have heard of being, for the most part, background characters (mostly as I go into, through, and out of various Season 3 episodes).

I am writing an AU screenplay for a low-budget fanfilm about the coming of the Autobots and Decepticons to Earth and how their war will affect the human race. It's humancentric and focuses on versions of Carly, Jessica, and Marissa at MIT as they're contacted by Arcee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.