Do you have sympathy or mercy for Mr. Bay

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by FanimusMaximus, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im not taking sides in this im just asking, because hontestly know one here has meet him up close and has gotten to know him so its sort of premature to give him death threats for a MOVIE. So Just tell me what you think.

Thanks,
    F.M.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I've never met Hitler either, but I feel comfortable judging him on his work.

3. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Why would I feel sympathy for him. He is laughing all the way to the bank.

4. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Sympathy. A lot of the hate for Mr. Bay is pure bullshit. I mean can you honestly think of a movie from him that made you think 'sweet Jesus, money back please?'
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see people still talking about Spielberg bastardizing Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park. But if Michael Bay makes sex jokes in Transformers, GOOD GOD RUN TO THE HILLS.
    The guy does things his way, and I'm not saying I agree with everything he does 100%, I'm not complaining because it's HIS movie. It's not like he ruined something I made.

On top of that, he's got pre-madonna bitches like Megan Fox blaming HIM for her poor acting skills.

"I can't get mad at Bay because he lifted my career off the ground, but FUCK HE'S LIKE HITLER AND FORCED ME TO WASH HIS CAR!!!! But I can't get mad at him."

I haven't seen Shia, Isabel, John, or Tyrese complaining.

EDIT: You're title made me call him Mr. Bay. I lol'd.

5. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. Bay really doesn't deserve a lot of the flak he gets (though he does deserve some of it) either by critics or TF fans.

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

If he pays me, I'll have sympathy and mercy for him.

Though death threats are a funny aspect of any cultural medium. 99% of them are total bullshit, just fans or haters letting off steam. It's that other 1% you gotta watch out for.

7. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Neither. He did his job and got paid handsomely for it, so I doubt he really cares what fans think about him at the moment.

Mercy? For some alleged kill threats made by fans? The writers of BM didn't die, Hideaki Ano didn't die...why should Bay?

Sympathy? Not much, because I did not like about 75% of the movie, but then again, I didn't go to watch this in order to like\dislike Bay any more\less.

8. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    Bay didnt kill 11 million people during the holocaust.
    How dare you compare a director of movie to hitler.

9. FanimusMaximus

News Credits:
    Im guessing you think your that 1% huh :rolleyes: 

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Neither; respect.

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Good grief. I'm pretty sure that a celebrity who has his own private jet and gets paid tens of millions of dollars to direct summer action movies for a living can handle a little criticism being doled out at him... especially on the internet where everybody apparently hates everything anyway. People who have paid to see his movies are allowed to judge him however they see fit since it's a product they have purchased and this is the public medium he chose to present himself and ultimately gain fame & notoriety. So, no, I don't have 'sympathy' or 'mercy' for Bay or ANYONE in that kind of golden position of life getting a few jabs tossed their way once in a while.

But for the record, I actually DO kind of like Bay himself from what little I know of him. Anyone who says what they think and at least attempts to back up their arguments gets respect from me, regardless of whether or not I agree with them or enjoy what they do.

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    thank you Miss Fox, we appreciate your thoughts on the matter and look forward to your work in the future.

:bay 

13. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lolol 

14. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't agree with some of his decisions. But I think that for the most part the Transformers movies were great and I'm glad he took the initiative to make them happen. I never imagined that Transformers would someday end up as subjects of blockbuster movies using state-of-the-art CGI technology.
    I think people overreact and hate him instantly if one tiny thing is different than what they want or think something "should" be (i.e., "OMG Sideswipe isn't red! Bay raped my childhood!), and also just join the hatewagon because it's "cool" for "movie connoiseurs" to hate Bay and his films.
    Perfect example is the guy who posted in this thread comparing Bay to Hitler. He probably wanted Bumblebee to be a VW Beetle or something, but once Bay decided to do things his way, that made him into a veritable Antichrist.

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Neither, I just don´t really care. Also comparing the man to Hitler is going a bit overboard.

16. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

I feel sympathy for him. You cannot satisfy ALL TF fans. He is trying, and if some crazed and obsessed fanboy is sending him death threats or comparing him to a genocidal and maniacal dicator, it's pathetic. If that be the case, I don't think this TF franchise is good for your health.
    He is trying, you can't please everybody. He made mistakes, why kill him for it?

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I have respect for his taskmastership and work ethic.

I have a little bit of sympathy as albeit his movie are shallow with subpar scripting, he gets savaged in ways that other directors that do the exact same kind and qualities of movies don't. The hate for the guy is ridiculous.

18. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I don't sympathize with him or show mercy, but I do respect how he handles the criticism. He has made a movie that's printing money for him, I think he can handle all the criticism maturely while he's laughing all the way to the bank.

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man with simple tastes,
    Toilet humor and explosions, automotive fluids on people's face,
    I was around when Kendall posed, saw some skin at Hefner's place,
    Made damn sure that Connery, chewed the scenery, around his Cage...

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed I'm Bay! But what's puzzlin you is how I can still get paid..."

Yeah, I mean Hitler's artistic career never got off the ground, let alone making multimillions.

20. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

It's just you. You don't see people complaining about the last Indy film? Do you have a private internet totally seperate from the normal one?
    I know, it's terrible and would probably cause him to feel a lot of offense, but you have to remember that Hitler is dead. He won't mind being compared to Bay, even if it is grossly insulting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.