Do you have a favourite Transformer thats widely disliked? And vice versa

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Takara_destron, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    As the title suggests, do any of you have a favourite Transformer figure that comes across as being widely disliked by board members/the fandom? Or do you dislike any Transformers that seem to be loved?

For me, I LOVE universe Galvatron, his size doesnt bother me (cheaper than a voyager, and I think it looks better displayed with others) and I love the alt mode, I'm glad they dropped the space cannon for something a little more practical. I've got 2 and neither have ever fallen apart while transforming them without me applying too much pressure (although I may be just be lucky on that account).

As for dislikes, I'm not really a big fan of Animated Swoop. Thats not to say I hate it, but it honestly didnt come across as that great to me when I got it. Animated Soundwave is another one, I felt he was pretty disappointing (although I must admit, I AM getting Electrostatic Soundwave, because Ratbat is awesome and I'm a sucker for anything Soundblaster). But, with so many animated toys I love, I guess I was asking alot to be extremely pleased by all of them.

Your thoughts?

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    07 Movie Leader Megatron. Yeah, rarely liked as a whole, but I'm a fan of Cybertronian designs. Same goes for the voyager version (although not a fan of the 'ice').

3. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Alternators Wheeljack. Everyone always complains that he is too difficult to transformer and that it is too time consuming. As for me though, the Alternators line as a whole is very satisfying, and Wheeljack has just enough involvement to keep me coming back for more.

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Armada "Superpants" Prime. One of my favorite Primes to ever come out, and one of the few, modern, articulated Primes to have a Trailer that works great in all three modes. And I don't care what anyone else says, the sensor activated auto-transformation was like the coolest gimmick I have ever had in a TF figure.

Plus, Sparkplug was cool too, and Prime always came with Sparkplug!

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Classics/Universe Prowl. But I also don't have (or have ever had) that "sticky paint" thing going on. I love the figure, I love the mold. And it's of my favorite Autobot. So much win in it that it's just a blowout victory.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I don't really get the Animated Swoop hype/love myself. He's a good figure, very posable, and I like him alot, but his transformation is REALLY simple and his robot mode isn't that different from his dinomode (something Waspinator also suffers from). People seem to give him ALOT of credit.

I don't get why people think movie Blackout/Evac is such a good mold. It's horrible. It's small, thin, his blades don't fold up like in the movie, but pretty terrible, and he carries his whole altmode on his back, which you can take off to form some sort of super fan gun. Wow.

On the other hand, I think I like movie leader Megatron (Premium version, first one was horrible colors-wise) alot more than other people, as well as Barricade.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Animated Shadow Blade Megatron. Absolutely love him, yet I often hear about how useless or pointless the redeco is. For me, the color scheme is perfect.

8. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Classics/Henkei Grimlock.....I'll never undertand all of the hate for that figure.

I HATE Animated Swindle. His head design bothers me......he's got gigantic eyes, no nose, and pancake head. I don't get all the love for this guy.

9. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love: that people (seem to) hate:
    Cybertron Backstop (rocklord)
    Beast Machines Silverbolt (funky chicken)
    Cybertron Menasor (lay down to transform)
    Cybertron Metroplex (bend over to transform)

I hate:
    Movie Blackout: for everything Digalaut stated. I wanted to like this mold so much.
    Movie Megatron(s)

10. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

I love Armada Sideswipe. Those gorilla arms with the little tiny pistol, the awesome legs that don't fully come apart, and the greatest minicon ever made, Nightbeat! j/k no one would ever like this piece of crap lol.

11. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

If I have to choose one it would be Classics Thrust. His wings are just so diffrent from all the other Seeker molds.

12. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Well, I really like BW Fuzor Injector. He looks scary and bizarre for me. He's very poseable too.

On the other hand, I simply consider Animated Megatron one very dissapointing toy. He's too simple to transform, he even have to remove parts to transform... A total boring figure for me.

13. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

G1 Rodimus Prime, I LOVE HIM!!!!!!

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Armada Hot Shot. Even with the more articulated version coming out sooner, the first will always be the best for me. Why? Because he was my first one.

Alternators Battle Ravage (Tracks Retool): I could have sworn that there was a mini-fanbase of hate for this guy, which is why Hasbro made the Jaguar XK Ravage as an "appology" of sorts. My opinion, though, is that this guy is awesome because of his Binaltech story, which in short makes him act like a Russian bad-ass with alot of firepower. That, and he's got the unique cat head.

Energon Optimus Prime: The Fat one, except mine is, or rather was, in horrible condition from hammers and sisccors and etc. But the figure still retains most of his details and funtionality, so he's becoming Energon Nemesis Prime.

15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I love G1 Quickswitch, never got why people seem so down on him, massivly better than the over sized brick of Sixshot.

I can't stand Predaking, goofy looking tf with limbs far to big for his body, I just don't get the love for the toy or the charicter.

16. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Nearly ANY Armada mold that I owned (Inc. Superpants Prime, Hot Shot, Red Alert, and Sideswipe)

I was 7. You couldn't make me hate these things if you tried.

17. honcho

honcho It's been a while.

Ebay:
    I love the Classics Grimlock mold, but I love Henkei Grimlock the best. I don't think the chrome's that bad, it seems like a cool throwback to his G1 toy. He also looks nice alongside my BW Transmetals. :wink: 

As for one everyone loves, I don't care for any Alternators except for Tracks and Swindle. Those are some of the goofiest robot modes I have ever seen, and I feel like I'm going to break them.

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Specific Figures

- I Like, Widely Disliked - Insecticon (Energon), Movie Starscream (original mold)
    - I Dislike, Widely Liked - Masterpiece Megatron

Entire TF Toylines

- I Like, Widely Disliked - Movie figures, Energon
    - I Dislike, Widely Liked - Alternators

19. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

I love my animated voyager megatron.
    Arms and hands are gimpy, but he transforms into SHOOT THE CORE. Universe 2.0 Ironhide isn;t so bad either...in bot mode.

as for a toy that's widely liked that I dislike...can't really think of one.

just out of curiosity, what is it you didn't like about him? I've been pondering getting one soon and from what I've seen he's pretty win.
    is there something I should watch out for?

20. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I like:

Energon Optimus idk why I just like him

Armada Galvatron just plain awesome

Classics Bluestreak the amount of paint detaling on him is great and he looks awesome too but I still cant get him to stand right same with Prowl

Classics Octane I just like him I think all his modes are great

I dislike:

RID Sideburn I just hate him hard to explain why

Classics Prowl though Bluestreak is a ton better the lack of paint detailing on Prowl is just sad

Animated Swindle in all his lobster clawed crappyness

Cybertron Cannonball a good looking alt mode but the bot mode is really bad and pretty much a brick