Do you guys want see a new Rid'01 ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by sevenlima, Feb 10, 2018.

?

A new Rid'01 ?

Poll closed Today at 8:03 PM.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

You guys want see a another show in the lines of rid'01 ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    i don't want rehashes of everything ad infinitum. rerelease the toys or homage the characters, sure, but we don't need a whole new show and toyline push that's basically the same thing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like some of the characters, but the show was pretty shallow. I like my TF shows to have a bit more substance to them than that.

Examples include:
    G1, BW, BM, Animated, TFP, NuRID, & RB.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

I miss that style so much.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes

• Like Like x 1
  6. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Yousoro!!

Flickr:
    I could done without a new incarnation of the Car Robots anime. There are things that I like (Scourge/Nemesis Prime in that show is a badass), but that show as a whole feels like a "filler" show to make the brand relevant to kids until Armada begins.

I didn't even like that show. I find most of the characters to be boring, annoying and just downright useless (Especially Wedge, Sideburn and Gigatron)

• Like Like x 1
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I don't know if I'd like a RID reboot beat for beat, but maybe a new show with a new premise that mixed old and new styles like RID did. Maybe even include redeco characters like RID.

wat

RID, despite all its filler and time-wasting, has ten times the substance of G1, if for merely having an actual plot.

8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gotta disagree.

For all its nonsense, G1 did a ton of world-building & lore building. It also gave us a handful of main characters that, while not all that fleshed out, at least had more sides to their personalities than the cast of RID.

G1 Megatron has a ton more personality than RID Megatron, for example. RID Megs literally just shouts all the time. That about sums him up.
    G1 Megs does that too. But he also gets drunk with the troops & reminisces about home. That one scene alone makes him a deeper character than RID Megs.

I like RID, but it definitely takes to heart the old saying, “keep it simple, stupid.”

• Like Like x 1
  9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Agreed. G1 cartoon had most world building from all cartoons. They just didn't flesh it out more than in one episode. The following cartoons just concentrated on a few of those points and fleshed them out. That's why I always find modern cartoons lacking, although they have better writing. There is so much that I loved in G1, that is never touched or just mentioned in a side note.

And then came TFP. They concentrated on a few of those interesting points (and even brought in new interesting ones), but before they really fleshed them out, they just dropped them and went to something else. So the worst of both worlds :lol 

If they leave out the episodes that just focused on the doomsday device of the week plot and concentrate on those that had world building in it and fleshed that out in overarching plots over the course of the series, while simultaneously have a plot that is solved in each episode, THAT would be perfect and interesting. And then also a great, not stylized, art style and not what we got since 2008. This would be a dream. And great music. Preferably electronic, because these are robots. It just suits best. And make the cartoon not to sell toys. If it turns out great, it will sell toys automatically. So go for a compelling story.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 9:32 AM