Customs: Do you guys think this sounds cool? Beast wars Sixshot...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Unicron9, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

So I have been messing with my RID Galvatron, which as many of you know turns into 10 different things, but only maybe 6 of those things are actually pretty cool.
    I have been trying to think of something cool to do with him since I love the figure but didn't give a poo about the RID series or the Gigatron/Megatron/Galvatron character in the show. My idea was to maybe give him a new head similar to G1 Sixshot, and repaint him in mostly G1 Sixshot colors but with gold worked into the colors scheme for a more regal look- making him into Beast Wars Sixshot.
    Thing is, my figure is in near perfect shape and its really great looking as it is. I worry that as complex as the figure is, with so many alt forms and all, I would risk making him something that might get little paint scratches the more I transform him over the years to come, plus I'm not sure this idea would really be an improvement so much as a change to something more familiar that I like better.
    I do use good quality paints of course, and haven't had paint rub issues before really, but again, this is a complex figure...
    What do you guys think? Good idea? can't wait to see that happen? Not a great plan at all? Just detail and improve the figure as the character he is? Don't touch such a sacred TF artifact?

I think if I do the BW Sixshot idea, his modes would be robot, jet, car, hydra, griffin, and hydrofoil.

Attached Files:

2. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sounds like a good idea modes I woul say to use as the 6 are top left,mid left, mid,
    bottom left,bottom right and mid right as those seem like the best and kind of fit sixshot more I would give him a new head though,

3. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Thanks for the input Shadezero. I agree with you aside from I really don't like the bat mode. As Sixshot, I mostly need to be sure he has a jet, car, bot, and griffin (cuz its closest to winged wolf) modes. Of course I have to keep his 2 headed dragon mode since sort of the main alt mode for this figure. That leaves just one more to make 6. I'm still leaning toward hydrofoil boat...

I went ahead and started. I see the opportunity here to get the colors very similar to G1 Sixshot without having to paint the entire figure.
    I have already modified and started painting a new head for him too. :) 

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Sixshot? NO!

As far as making a custom with this figure, if you're really concerned about the figure, I'd recommend simply finding another. It's not a hard or an expensive figure to find. In fact, a few years ago, there was a KO at Big Lots! that's pretty decent in quality (and a little larger than the original size).

5. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

This could be good.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

This is a wonderful idea and I'm kind of surprised that it's not utilized in BW-themed customs.

7. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

Its a freaking genius idea is what it is

8. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9