Do you guys think this show will build to epic proportions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Prowl, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been enjoying the hell outta this show. Hands down, it sits up on that Beast Wars pedestal for me.

But I'm wondering if we will continue to get these isolated (yet well-told) individual stories, or if it will begin to build up to something more epic, more glob-trotting, and less hidden.

And then, what's your opinion on that? Do you want it to remain hidden and taking place in his remote corner of the country, or do you want it to hit big time "dogs and cats living together" proportions?

Beast Wars started very isolated, but by the time we reached Season 2-3, things were happening that were affecting the events of the entire Transformer race.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think it'll continue to build-up over time. Form what we've heard, the ending of Season 1 is supposed to be a bit epic itself. Though I'm hoping they don't try and go too huge with it. I want to see this show continue on for at least three seasons.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If so, I appreciate them patiently writing it into this, as they have been, vs giving into the pressure of forcing every episode to involve saving the Earth from utter destruction.

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would like a slow build up to epic scenes. With characters dying and such i imagine this series will leave a mark on the franchise as well. I like the show a lot so far and find myself looking forward to each new episode.

5. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    Personal opinion: They production staff have said that Animated set the bar high. Animated started off slow, and didn't really go EPIC till the final episodes of season three. But animated was well written and more importantly, character driven, albeit in a kiddie way. I think Prime is still laying the framework... and fully expect the shit to start hitting the fan when Megs returns.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Well, they've got 4 seasons plotted out so far. I doubt that means 104 episodes of just one-shots.

7. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Nope.

8. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

I think it'll do a little bit of both. I do prefer the individual stories more though, atleast for this series. :D 

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would really like to see a background plot that spans a bunch of episodes, like the whole Vok thing from Beast Wars. That was one of my favorite things about that show. Kind of like a subtle secondary mystery storyline that culminates in something huge, I guess.

Come to think of it, I don't even think Animated did anything like that, unless it's completely slipping my mind.

So yes, I would like to see it go big. Do I think it'll happen? Maybe. I think things will start to pick up once Megs comes back.

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

"Blood of Unicron"

You all know what that means.

11. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    The epic build up won't be happening during the first season, that's for sure.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say that maybe that Sari being a robot thing would be that underlying mystery that kept us guessing until the end.

13. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dark Energon was a good way to establish Primus and Unicron from the get-go in the WFC/Exodus/Prime continuity, but Hasbro's been clear the coming years are the 13's time to shine (last year Alpha Trion and Liege Maximo were confirmed to be Primes, this year Exiles is introducing Solus).

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I guess the Sari storyline is kinda along the lines of what I was talking about.

15. PrimeFlo17

PrimeFlo17 Tunes

News Credits:
    This show has plenty of potential to be epic. 2 more seasons have already been outlined, and I'm confident the writers are going in the right direction

Inching closer and closer to that mid-season finale, the plot is slowly starting to solidify, no doubt.

16. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I´m hopping for Unicron and the First 13.

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I expect there to be some world threatening, or galaxy threatening crisis as the show goes on.
    It's sort of started that way with Megatron's resurrecting an army of the dead, but has since shifted to more local, character driven tales. I like it.

I predict that Starscream will be the catalyst to something big.
    He definitely has his own agenda which so far has remained a secret -even to the viewer.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Bring on the Chaos Bringer himself.

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Planet-sized Transformers have worn out their welcome with me.

20. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I hope so. I thought it had more storytelling like in LOST, like the pilot promised. More darker and stuff. At first I was one of them who thought as well "It's just been a few episodes, you can't judge the entire show by them right now", but now we really have much episodes and they are all isolated. I mean, how many episodes does the first season have? 20? 30? And we had already 12 episodes... I can't imagine that they will change much...

But I hope so. The show is great and stuff, but I expect more of it. And I hope I won't be disappointed.