Do you guys have toys that you keep MISB or MOSC just bc u don't wanna be bothered?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kuma Style, May 26, 2011.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I was thinking about this yesterday when I was updating my collection pics. I got to the bottom of my decepticon shelves:

[​IMG]

The scourges are MOSC just because I don't even feel like being bothered transforming them.

Before even getting my own scourge/armada, I'd probably traded a good 3 or 4 of these loose to board members, so by the time I had my own, I was just pretty "over" the mold, and didn't even feel like taking them out and transforming them.

Same with the target exclusive white universe Leo Prime. I put the red one on my Cybertron Prime/Wing Saber, and bought the white one to put on the Japanese exclusive Crystal Sonic Convoy set. By the time it got here, I was just plain over the thought of unscrewing/taking apart Prime's arm to put it on.

Maybe I'm just lazy. :lol 

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else does this... just gets a toy, and by the time it gets to you, you just don't feel like taking it outta' the package.

2. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

all the time, mostly for repaints that i like but already too familiar with the transformation, with mental note that i'll open those when i sell my less interesting piece of the same mold. i also have couple gundam fix still in sealed box because while they're nice, they're pretty fidgety to take out of box, put on accessories and return to box, too much work so i just leave them there.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:

Yes. I have tons of Busou shinki's, my E-hobby sets, 10 Wreckgars, all the dotm toys save for a few. I didn't get to them yet.

4. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

i have one RTS jazz i'm not opening since he's that cool. i have four that are open and one being painted as we speak. i have two wreck-gars MISB cause i just bought em' lol. probably open em' at work or something.

in your pic i think the cycloni (lol) and galvatron are wondering about you keeping your sweeps in prison.

5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I've got all the PCC scouts, my RTS Windcharger and an Animated Blackout all in boxes. Mainly cause I may want to sell them some day.

6. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I have a number of sealed items. Some are because they're autographed by the voice actors who portrayed them, some because I really like how they look in package, and some because I've just been either too busy or too lazy to open them.

7. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I've got a few that I just didn't feel the need to take out. Classics Devastator, alternator Rodimus, 10th Anniversary Dinobot, WW Titanium Grimlock.

Mostly because I have 2 or another color scheme of the same figure.

8. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Why do you troop build and not open them.

On topic: I actually had my entire classics collection sealed for a good 3 or 4 months, then one day dug into the decepticons, then on another 3 or so days did all the autobots.

I was the reverse, I got tired of looking at the box I had them in at the time. They do look nice when you get them on the shelves. The shelves just aren't big enough for all the autobots though. For the decepticons, it's like i need to go out of my way to get more unofficial ones to balance out the shelves.

9. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

If I leave one of mine sealed, it's because of a conscious decision to do so...either because I've got one version of the mold already opened, or because it was a gift of a figure that I've already got, or because I just prefer for that particular figure to stay in the package. I can't say I've ever had so many of a particular figure that I was tired of it before I opened the nth copy.

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Because my Maiden Japan Kit is not here yet?

edit:: you should re-read my statement though. I said there are 10 wreckgars LEFT not opened. I have a few opened to play around. The rest is waiting for the upgrade.

11. seali_me

how many total do you have now?

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Isn't this out of topic? we have another thread for it. Its not a competition.

But to satisfy you, >12.

13. seali_me

i know its not but i'm always curious to know how many other peeps have.

14. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have some special repaints still sealed like Dark Nitro Convoy, Alternators Rodimus (opened the Kiss version long before), Ariel Paradron Type, and a few others.. along with the autographed MIB Transmetal Megatron and TM2 Megatron both signed by David Kaye.

I also opened my United Scourge and one Sweep (who I got long before United Scourge). I haven't had a place to display the other 15 Sweeps, so they're still in package for now.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I have a few sealed toys; not because I can't be bothered to open them but more because they're absolutely dead mint and I doubt I could ever find ones in such good condition again. Ones that spring to mind are the BW Basic Class Primal Vs Megatron double pack, G2 Hero Optimus Prime, and a Japanese G2 Gobot Optimus Prime.
    I also have a BW Razorbeast packaging mockup that is NEVER being opened, since packaging mockups are like gold dust.

16. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yes hftd elita-1 and banzitron had for months now, just dont feel like opening them, maybe when my basement is finished and i get my collection on display. no need to really open anything till the basement is finished. i figure why open it when i have no where to put it.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I only have 4 figures in package.

Reissue OS and Metroplex (because I have the original G1s in my collection)

Antimated Prime/Megatron two pack....Never rushed to open it cuz I have versions of these guys already and well, just never really bothered opening it.

Classics Battle in Space. I want the Hot Rod because my Classics is now Rodimus Prim...I mean Protector. The Cyclonus is a VERY nice colour but I already have him set up in his original Classics colour. So no rush to get these open either.

18. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I end up with sealed stuff staying that way when I buy duplicates for customs - once it's done, I've played with the toy so much that I don't bother to open the sealed version. Then too much time goes by, and I can't bring myself to open it, and can't be bothered to sell it and track down a MIB version.

19. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    I keep my Mighty Muggs mint in box but thats mainly cause i love the way the look in their boxes

everything else is opened

20. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I have almost the entire first wave of Animated deluxes MOSC and I have no idea why I bought them. lol

Especially since I already have opened ones.