Do you find yourself liking the movie less now that the DVD is out?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mr. Jiggles, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

I admit, I thought that the movie was awesome when it was released.

But now that it's on DVD, and I've got time to actually study it, instead of watching it as a TF geek, I find myself liking it less as the obvious flaws become more apparent - kinda like losing the beer goggles, I guess.

Issues like lack of characterization, lack of subtext, etc. Not to mention Bay and his shaky cam fetish.

Some of the interviews are rubbing me the wrong way, as well.

Anybody else having this problem?

2. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I'm having trouble watching the movie all the way through. I only fast forward to the robot parts. All the human scenes are just filler material.

3. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Me, too. But even when you get there, I'm kinda bored because I think they missed two of the important aspect of Prime and Megs. Prime as the peaceful warrior who despises the violence he must resort to and Megs as the Tyrannical ruler who believes he is totally justified in what he is doing, and not just 'being evil to be evil.'

Maybe in the sequel...

4. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In fairness to the filmmakers, there's a lot of Transformers fiction that doesn't communicate that to the audience. A lot.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've actually had the complete opposite result. I loved it in the theaters, and now that I can focus on the screen without having to look left and right at all the things going on, I feel like I'm taking it all in, and enjoying it even more. Also, although I'd like to have more robot interaction, particularly on the Decepticon side, I don't mind the human element at all, and Simmons will always be amusing to me.... he's so damn strange. I do hope the bad guys talk more trash in the next one.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I tried to watch it last night, but it had been scratched before I could even take it out of the case and load it into my DVD player. Been looking forward to own it on DVD, and what happens? It's scratched, no thanks to the crackheads responsible for putting it into the case and packaging it so it could be shipped to stores nationwide! I'm a bit pissed...

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I had that problem in the theater. I don't think I'll be buying the craptastic DVD, but I won't throw it away if somebody gives it to me.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the 07 Movie more! Now I can freeze frame, slow-moton, and rewind to my heart's content! I notice even more details now. Plus, I'm loving the exclusives!

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I saw it 4 times at the theater so I'd already had ample time to analyze the hell out of it and become bitter against all the things that bug me - but it's still a good time over all

I was hoping the action would be easier to follow on the smaller screen and thus more enjoyable - but no, stuff like Barricade vs. Bumblebee is still just a quick flash of parts, so that definitely knocked it down even more

10. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

I am having this problem as well, but only when I watch the movie by myself. If I watch it with others, I'll watch it all the way through.

11. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Not necessarily... I'm just open the to the possibilities in the sequel.

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I can't say my opinion's changed all that much now that I bought the dvd. I mean their are things that I like about the movie and things I really don't like. I still prefer the 86 movie over this one, but this one's still ok.

13. nirvanarhodes

nirvanarhodes Active Member

iv got it on order (as im in the UK) i will watch the extras but not the film, seen it 6times now.

tho probably will stick it on in a year or so and will forget all the errors and enjoy it again

14. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel the same way. I can't get enough of the movie.

15. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    No. I'll watch it once a week, probably. Then I'll screen cap it for the wiki.

Well, I certainly hope not. If you don't want it you might as well give it to somebody else or donate it to charity.

I don't get it when some people (not you) say they'll [destroy in some manner] the [thing they don't like] just to be 'internet bad-ass'.

16. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    So far I've just jumped to the parts with the robots.... Its alright but the melodrama is painful.

17. Blackmouf2002

Blackmouf2002 Insomniac

I found myself that I didnt have the desire to watch it last night after seeing the movie 6 times in the theaters and litterally seeing it 7 times thanx to all the special features. hopefully this changes in the next weeks/months.

18. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

I'm watching it EVEN MORE. The sound and picture quality is much clearer than it was in the theater and it's a fantastic movie to have running in the background, while working on the computer. I've watched it 2 times so far, back to back on DVD and plan on doing so until I get tired of it.

Now I finally have the chance to study each and every frame, over and over, and look for all the little details and hidden stuff, I missed when I watched it in the theaters.

19. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    I found it the other way around, I noticed alot more in the fights now that it is on the smaller screen. The shakey cam isn't as bad on the smaller screen in my opinion.

Having watched it through last night, I think I'll tuck away the movie for awhile so I don't get sick of it.

20. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Like what? I mean you need to develope a story with the Transfomrers. Because when you boil down to it the movies name is called the "Transfomers" not the Alien Robot Invasion movie. I mean talk about the ones that weren't in the movie, talk more about the war between the Autobots and Decepticons. But I still think its the best movie I ever saw.

Same here. Although the human parts are fun.