Do you ever feel like you're being too needy and ungrateful with your figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Jul 1, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You know a big part of collecting is finding and buying as much TF figures you can get. However something made me think earlier today. I was worried if I'm not being grateful of the figures I already have. However there are figures in my collection that I am grateful for. I was grateful to have the FE Optimus and Bulkhead before the whole cancellation thing occured. It was something to think about though.

What about you? What are your thoughts?

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    It's called plastic crack son, you're never grateful for the beer you drank 2 years ago, just the one you're gonna drink next. I try to love the old stuff as I can, and some of it I legit do, but there is something about the hunt and the wanting of something you don't have that is immediately gone when you finally get it. Least for me.

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Never

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yep. :) 

5. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Nailed it. Right now I'm breathlessly anticipating the Hegemon and PE-DLX-RC 01 Motobot that I'm hopefully getting for my birthday next week, drooling over pictures every time a new set pops up on here. However, I know once I have them in hand (if I do), it'll be on to looking forward to getting Maketoys Giant or Fansproject Steelcore...not to mention every other Transformer ever made.

Sometimes I feel guilty about it, but then the greed pushes the guilt away.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

I always admire my TF collection and never take it for granted. Sure, I'm always looking for the next one, but I never ignore what I already have.

7. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I love the stuff I have, but you can't deny there's sometimes a great desire for stuff you don't or rather can't have. :D 

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Your toy shelf is a display of your conquests and victories. You're proud. But there are more out there to hunt and claim.

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I can honestly say that I've never felt that way about my toys. It's because they're just that to me...toys. Toys that I love and enjoy, but nothing more, nothing less.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Never really felt that way, because they are just toys, really. And I'm probably a hoarder, so I don't feel that way about my collection. MOAR, MOAR, MOAR!

But I'm pretty grateful for my FE Optimus (via GFH, no less), actually. Very grateful.

11. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Starting with Animated and going forward I've been far more conservative with my TF collecting. Prior to this, I bought many things which I later regretted. Now I only buy TF's that I MUST have. Now I have a greater appreciation for the figures that I do buy. I've started selling off many of the figures I could live without to buy figures that I really want.

12. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Yezzir!

We're in the same boat! After Animated, I took a good look at some of the toys that I'd purchased, and I honestly didn't like a good bit of them (mostly old Energon/Movie/a FEW Animated). I gave some away to Goodwill, gave some to my friend and his son, and now I only buy my MUST HAVES. I'm so much happier knowing that I value my TF buck spent more than I did before.